ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Seems there's a "Building an Identity through Design" course about to be added to the National Curriculum based on Porsche
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Right after the module on ‘15 reasons why just fucking asking people stuff is better than spending five hours on Google’.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha, I'm spoilt by having a top bunch of folk to ask, cheers guys
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • My employers continue to be bolloxes.  After going on for 9 months about how the boss can't imagine being fully working in the office, plans were afoot to get us back in on a three days in the office basis.  That was three days in the office, regardless of your contracted hours (so three-days-a-weekers would be in the office on all three days).  A colleague thought this was unfair, went to her line manager and mentioned getting the union involved.  One meeting with HR later and instead of resolving the issue like adults (pro rate to the nearest day, for example) we're all in 5 days a week.  

Our leadership is lazy and petty beyond belief.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Assuming this is real, I think that the only correct answer is “I’m withdrawing my application”.

https://twitter.com/beetagolsh/status/1389625758319005703
  • I know it's not the point but I've seen a few viral tweets like that recently where the tweeter is shilling the same weird projector and orange dog lamp in the first few replays.

I assume it's a scam and they've stolen the tweet
  • Or possibly the cheap companies spotting a tweet going viral and DM'ing the person offering a fee if they punt it in a reply maybe? I've definitely seen that happen.
  • Oh yeah maybe, I hadn't considered that
  • That was the question they asked me in my Oxford admissions interview
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • It was the elephant in the room.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'd report the elephant-giver for animal crimes since giving away an elephant to someone that hasn't the capability to care for it with a magical no giving away restriction is basically just directly abusing the animal but ofuscating the abuse by claiming it's become my property. Forcing someone to own an elephant against their will is probably some kind of human rights abuse as well.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • After a really tough year things have gone absolutely mental in my game.
    Freelance is normally feast and famine but this is nuts. Full starvation followed by a king's feast.

Aside from that I had a call earlier which sort of turned into an informal interview for a perm role and I think I pretty much got offered a job. The call ended with me telling the owner of this bloody multinational company to draw up a job synopsis and we can have a talk about what salary I would be looking at.
    I always said I wouldnt go perm again unless it was right and this job ticks every box.
    I can work wherever I want, pick my software and hardware. I'll be starting the in-house visualisation department, just me at first but the guy was all about growth and potential to build a team.

Just the salary to decide now. The odd thing is I wouldnt have applied if I read the job ad properly as the advertised salary was way low. However the guy said he was looking for a junior on that low salary that he could grow but after being blown away by my work he decided its worth paying to get me instead. We discussed ballpark figures but I want to push so I'm not thinking about it for at least a few years.

I'm really not used to being in this position but happy to be in it. Hopefully we can align on salary.
  • Sounds good mate. Fingers crossed it all comes together.
  • After while of waiting, I have heard back positive on two fronts.
    Got writing tasks to do this week.

One is for a weekend news position at PCGN - the plan would be to drop from three half shifts at NME to two if they are able, giving me a nice comfortable freelance wage, and let me treat pitches a bit more selectively. 

Second is another stab at a GW role. Been over a month since I applied, finally heard back today. Very intimidating three part writing task to do for next Saturday. Eep, etc.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Best of luck, Temps.
  • Fingers crossed for you Tempy, guessing the GW would be the favourite?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Aye, good luck mate. All sounds promising.
  • Best of luck, T! You'll be great.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yes Tempy, sounds great, never rains it pours, made up for you
  • Good luck, Temps.
  • Good luck Tempy.
  • Cheers folks, hopefully one of them will come good!
  • Fingers and toes crossed; best of luck!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mad day in school. A pupil has clearly set up a fake Gmail account and is emailing staff, including myself. Must be a pupil because the comments are things only someone who is taught by these teachers would know.

Today, 15 staff were emailed by the same account. They ranged from surreal things, to some unpleasant remarks about weight among other things.

Me, I got two words on my email, with a one word subject line.

Anyone want to guess what they were? :D tempy can't because he's seen it.
  • Simpsons suck
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Ha, amiibo
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Second one closer
  • Nintendo fanboi
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So fucking close

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!