• Live near Tin
    Ripon: £850 p/m

Live near SG's Mum
    Elland: £675 p/m

Live near my Dad
    Hull: £700 p/m

Live near Moot's Dad's boat
    New Mills: £900 p/m
  • Still think take a look at Dorchester, 3 bed rentals on right move for ~£1200
  • Plus we can go for a pint
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My gran and grandad used to live on that road. The end of the postcode is 3DS as well apparently.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've never been to Cardiff and definitely seems like a good cultural place to go.
  • I enjoyed the few days I had in Cardiff.
  • Bristol might be a good shout. Good independent/bohemian vibe to parts of the city centre, close to Bath, good transport links to London, and not too pricey AFAIK.
    I think anywhere around Bristol and Bath is very pricey, unfortunately. It would be a good place to live, though, and I could even work for Future Publishing.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Still think take a look at Dorchester, 3 bed rentals on right move for ~£1200
    I will keep it mind when we eventually start digging deeper.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Bristol might be a good shout. Good independent/bohemian vibe to parts of the city centre, close to Bath, good transport links to London, and not too pricey AFAIK.
    I think anywhere around Bristol and Bath is very pricey, unfortunately. It would be a good place to live, though, and I could even work for Future Publishing.

Matt Castle and Samuel Roberts could give you some great sando recs.
  • Bath is nice but pricey. What about somewhere like Portsmouth? It's not that expensive. Place has good links to London and hampshire in general. Decent shopping and nightlife.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I also enjoyed Cardiff. Felt like Glasgow-lite, with less football more ruggers.
  • Hollyhead is nice
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DrewMerson wrote:
    Used to police Hatfield and Welwyn garden city.
    Would absolutely NOT recommend them either.
    It’s always worth remembering that the job means you’re rarely seeing people at their best, and you are constantly exposed to the worst. It’s not always a good barometer of what someplace is like to live in.

I'd fully agree. Glasgow is a Stormer of a city but if you're on the police side I'm sure you see some shit.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    Used to police Hatfield and Welwyn garden city.
    Would absolutely NOT recommend them either.
    It’s always worth remembering that the job means you’re rarely seeing people at their best, and you are constantly exposed to the worst. It’s not always a good barometer of what someplace is like to live in.

True. But then I have such low faith in the public anyway
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bristol is great, I didn't shout it earlier as I thought it would be too far from Jon's parents. It is a fantastic city, only thing lacking is a massive venue for big acts so you end up having to go to Cardiff for major stars.

It is getting up there in terms of house prices, or rental prices as well. Not a surprise when you can get from Bristol to London Paddington in an hour and 15.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Aye, I used to love visiting Bristol. Probably my fav English city.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I was in Bristol bus station once but I didn't actually get off the bus so I can't give a detailed review of the station really. Seemed ok from the window, but it was night time so I can't be sure. I wouldn't live there, though
  • I lived in a bus station once. That is, I spent one night in a bus station because I didn't have anywhere else to live. Do not recommend.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I slept in the middle of a roundabout. Wasn't great.
  • I spent an evening in Sheffield bus station. My recommendation is not to do this.
  • I spent an evening in Swindon once. I had a hotel but still would not recommend
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I mean to be fair I did go there with the promise of a fight in a night club. (It was prearranged and consensually agreed)

I also had a two day course in how to be a pickpocket and thief by an old prison sgt
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I spent a night sleeping on a verge in Stevenage. I concur with the aforementioned view on the place.
  • I'm a bit concerned by how many of us have slept in hedges, ditches, on roundabouts and benches.

It's sounding a bit like Monty Pythons "four Yorkshiremen" sketch.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I slept in a garden in the south of Israel once and was woken up by a rat trying to eat my backpack. So fuck Israel, the murdering cunts.
  • A garden?!
    You're lucky. We WISH we could have slept in a garden. All we had was a hole in the ground. No grass, just mud.
    And we PRAYED it wouldn't rain. Tiny Tim couldn't swim.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well, I say garden...
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    Used to police Hatfield and Welwyn garden city. Would absolutely NOT recommend them either.
    True. But then I have such low faith in the public anyway

what didn't you like about Welwyn Garden City? Place seems lovely (i'm currently living in Baldock while my house is being renovated)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!