Chained Echoes (Console, PC... and Gamepass)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    ZMM wrote:
    I never found much use for inflicting dry on enemies. I found the attacks that reduced enemy attack power the most useful, IIRC. And as for the super special abilities, Glenn's was by far the best (I think his reduced the enemy stats). If you can consistently suppress enemy attack that's a real winning strat.

I've found that the crystals that have X% chance of inflicting dry/heavy/etc. on hit are quite useful, you can really turn the tide of battle when your enemies are weak to, y'know, everything. But Glenn's attack that inflicts oil and Victor's that does dry are pretty useless, like you said: just a waste of a turn.

It gets really brutal when I hit, say, an enemy with fire weakness with oil. Feels like cheating.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I got past the fight! Shit's back on.

Lost it the first try, but it wasn't a two-turn loss like before. Swapped Glenn's accessory that gave him resistance to fire with Victor's that gave a generic boost to defence, and I got through it. I think Robb was unconscious, but I used Glenn's class skill of "hit them really hard with your sword" to finish off the last enemy.

Let's goooo.
    Spoiler:
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Whoop whoop
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    And shit's back off.

Latest boss fight does the same stuff as before - their magical attacks do more damage than their physical ones, and hit everyone in my party. If they choose to do two magical attacks in a row, I'll loose two or three people. I even spent an hour or so scooping up all the treasure chests in the area, which contained some useful gear, but to no avail.
    Spoiler:
  • Is this a sky armour fight? Has anyone on your team got inact? It’s a game changer, especially late on. Poison works really well too. Do as much gear 2 fighting as you can get away with too.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yup. I don't think I've got inact. I did pretty well with blind until Glenn (and Victor, who has the resurrection spell) got KO'd. Glenn also has poison. Problem is, blind doesn't work on magical attacks.

I've stocked up on resurrection items, and I'll see if I can equip inact.

Otherwise, this might have to get abandoned. (With apologies to muzzy.) I've got lots of other things on the pile of shame, and many a title incoming.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol np mate, sorry it's causing frustrations!!
  • Knew Muzzy had to be responsible for this somehow.
  • Yep inact is priceless, you can't inflict it on one enemy twice in succession, but if you have lots of enemies, it's so useful. Also, I remember some of the sky armour weapons being more useful than the others. i think the more useful guns inflicted blind? which is also a super useful skill. In the non sky-armour battles I would always use the ninja girl's move that blinded all enemies for one turn
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I never found much use for inflicting dry on enemies. I found the attacks that reduced enemy attack power the most useful, IIRC. And as for the super special abilities, Glenn's was by far the best (I think his reduced the enemy stats). If you can consistently suppress enemy attack that's a real winning strat.
    I've found that the crystals that have X% chance of inflicting dry/heavy/etc. on hit are quite useful, you can really turn the tide of battle when your enemies are weak to, y'know, everything. But Glenn's attack that inflicts oil and Victor's that does dry are pretty useless, like you said: just a waste of a turn. It gets really brutal when I hit, say, an enemy with fire weakness with oil. Feels like cheating.

I remember using Glenn's oil attack quite frequently actually because I'd follow it up with the mage girl's (forgot her name) super fire attack and hit them for silly damage
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Lol np mate, sorry it's causing frustrations!!

It's really good until these boss fights that are unwinnable show up.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    ZMM wrote:
    I remember using Glenn's oil attack quite frequently actually because I'd follow it up with the mage girl's (forgot her name) super fire attack and hit them for silly damage

Yeah, I'm hitting him (the Sky Armour boss fight) with blind.

In non-Sky Armour fights, I quite often do just that, but I use the gems that give X% chance to inflict oil or whatever, rather than the debuff attacks. Glenn and Victor have a chance to inflict dry or oil, so I can follow up with Lenne, and she has heavy strike, which I can follow up with Victor's earth spell. Plus Lenne has "your super move fills 2x faster when you do elemental damage" crystals, which is delicious synergy.

Ninja girl (my turn to go blank on names), I've set up with lots of agility boosting stuff, then coupled it with boosts to critical damage and chance to do criticals. I have her on the same row as Robb, so I can hit them with poison, then switch him out and use ninja lass to inflict bleed.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Awooga! Leaving Game Pass alert - if you’re playing this via Game Pass, gotta get it wrapped up by 15 December.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!