Chained Echoes (Console, PC... and Gamepass)
  • Pretty sure they all do. It's a game of many smart decisions on that kinda stuff.
  • Tested it, and yeah they do gain it. Thank goodness.

This is really good gang.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Played about two hours of this last night on my Deck, very nice so far. Hard to believe one guy made pretty much everything in this.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm in the fight for my sixth class emblem and it's 4v10 which doesn't feel very fair! I should probably get back to the main quest line...
  • Didn't realise you had to claim the Reward chain items as well as the rewards on the gameboard type screen.

Spent ages this evening trying to get to 34 chain to get more Spirit Tears only to realise I had a bunch I could have claimed. Oh well, chain is now in the mid 40s with a few unchained objectives done too.
    Moved the story forward a bit more as well.

I would definitely say wait until after Act 1 to go completionist on the Rewards Board. A good amount you can't do anyway until certain points in the story but even the basic stuff like caves are easier once into Act 2.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm up to 56 on it now, got 8 dudes in my party, six class emblems, cooking on gas.

Finally back on the story too, having kinda fine the dude quests I could obviously see.
    Spoiler:
  • I've just got the 7th party member so won't be clicking that.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Who have you got most recently?
  • Spoiler:
  • People still playing and enjoying? I have just had my party split following
    Spoiler:

Very much enjoying, some tough fights - can't just spam attack and be done even with the regular enemies out in the world.

I haven't really bothered with levelling weapons and crystals, on the assumption I'll pick up something better pretty quickly. Is there a good time to start doing that stuff?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Been busy the last few nights but hoping to get some good time on it over the weekend!
  • Ive been doing it as I go but dont tend to put too much thought into the crystals. The interface for that stuff is very clunky and probably the only major negative for me.
    Keep on top of upgrading skills though, thats easy and useful.

Still playing but having a bit of a break.
  • Yup I saw posts in here about using banked sp to level skills, so I've been doing that. Can feel the difference.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yep, SP + skill FTW, struggling with crystal shite too.  Can't remember the rules on fusing, don't have many that are above III or IV, seems to be penalties if you then want to remove, so it's all a bit lucky dip...
  • On to act III after a bit of a break to do a couple of side quests, treasure hunting and fill up some of the board. Quite like that the sky armour opens up the areas to some aimless wandering.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Gladly pumped over 4 hours into this last night, absolutely loved it. Despite initially eye rolling at the Chrono Trigger opening, it managed to pull the rug out from under me nicely. Fantastic opening, really well done in the way it gets you straight into the action instead of the slow titting about chatting that I thought it was going for.

The overdrive gauge thing adds a little extra consideration to the battles, I really like that as the mid part of turn based fights can just be a bit too much like going through the motions. Pairing characters and free swapping them in and out is great too.

It's just fun to play, and funny with it too. Been a few times I've laughed out loud at what's went on. Favourite character is Sienna, both her personality and abilities in combat.

There's some stuff I don't understand though, I just stopped at the bit where we're about to gear up before leaving town proper. I think it'll be the first time I've done some genuine gear shopping, there's a blacksmith to make sense out of the stuff I've been collecting too hopefully. But what's the score with levelling? I've been using the grimoire shards to unlock skills and haven had to revive a single character yet (also love that HP and TP replenish after every battle) but I'm collecting SP too, and there's a way to level them using the Y button in the skill screen but it's not doing anything?

I'll have a proper look through the thread as I've only skim read it because I didn't think old school JRPG style things were my thing anymore. One final note, the boxer flies that smack you with the boxing gloves? Check the item description to find out what they really are...
  • Top right hand corner on the Set Skills page it will have your Grim Shard count (probably 0 if you have been spending them) and next to it your SP count.
    Next to each skill is a progress bar with a number on it. If you have enough SP you can spend it on that Skill using Y to level it.
    There's a good chance early on you won't have enough SP yet. You can only add your SP to it if it fills a whole level.

The combat really is very good. Overdrive does indeed have you thinking but I've also found I need to utilise support Skills far more than in other similar games.

Other thing I like is the character walking speed. I don't feel like I'm plodding around environments.
  • Yeah, so your sp gets applied to all skills at the end of each battle, but you also gain a pool of it for each character, so you can speed up the skill levelling a bit. I’m at the start of act iii and all the skills are maxed out, the sp pool is useful when bringing in new skills though. 

Sp rewards don’t scale much with battle difficulty, which might be a flaw or maybe it’s very clever. Dunno, but there’s a group of 5 pig things south of basil, right next to a fast travel crystal, which provide a useful source of easy sp if needing a boost.

Also, I only recently realised that there’s a button to select all loot to sell it quickly. Hmph.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I saw that you can permanently learn the skills from the class badge things too. Presumably all skills get an even spread of SP whether they're used in battle or not? Or do I have to spam the stuff I want to level/learn to get more SP? Same if I don't switch in a character, they still get credit for standing there watching everyone else do the heavy lifting?

I saw some chat (and the menu option obviously) about crystals too, not come across any yet. Hopefully it'll all become clear with a bit of progress
  • Yup all skills gain equally and even those out of battle get sp. I think dead characters still get it too, and get auto revived at end of battle
  • I saw that you can permanently learn the skills from the class badge things too.

Ah nuts, totally forgot about that bit. Need to look into that.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If I claim a reward from the board, does it break the chain or does it keep going? Can't see how else you're supposed to get a chain of 120 going?
  • Just claim and claim and claim. It will all link up.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll link up with you in a minute
  • That's seems very aggressive for someone who isn't a really awesome tiger.
  • It’s just Paul’s way of showing affection.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just got absolutely stomped on, first time I've even struggled in a fight. Statue thing south of Basil
  • I'm well jealous of people playing this.  Wish I had the time.  :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's so good. I'm having to ignore other games on my interest list to make sure I get through it as I am enjoying it a lot.

Just got to start of act 2.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Polished off Eastward and now I’m on this. Pretty good so far.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!