Chained Echoes (Console, PC... and Gamepass)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I tried not to sound condescending so apologies if it reads that way! Just feels like something isn't right

S'all good. I've made sure everyone has either an upgraded or new (better) weapon and such, and I don't have any skill points to spend.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    YOU CAN DO THIS SWIRLY!
    Spoiler:
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It’s entirely possible that I just need to be less shit.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I’m into the final throes of this. Kinda expected it to be shorter, but the clock’s currently around 40 hours. It’s been great though. Gonna go for the completionist run, which is not normally my sort of thing, but I’m so close to getting the rewards board finished and all the deals, it’d be rude not to.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Same! I think I could finish it with a couple of hours of mainlining the story, but there isn't that much left for me to polish off so think I'll try and get it all.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Well, I decided to press on and finish the game. Very satisfied with how it finished, just a brilliant experience throughout. Clocked about 30 hours in the end, but there is plenty left to do if I wanted to.

With the story
    Spoiler:
  • Oh man, I kinda wish I’d just finished it and not gone down the rabbit hole of trying to clear the extra stuff. I’ve spent a couple of hours over the last two days just trying to work out crystals so I can beat an optional boss.
  • You are safe to finish the story, it creates a save just before the point of no return once you've completed it.
  • Right, all done. All of it! Some really tough stuff at the end, especially the optional final boss.

The Crystal system was a bit of a faff, spent ages trying to get a decent combo of things but the drop rates for stuff made it tedious so eventually just gave up and made do with what I had. Had to look up one of the push block solutions too, just wasn’t seeing it.

Anyway, great game. Solid 8/10 for me, some slight flaws but they’re easily overlooked. Some genuine laughs too.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I think I might move on from this to Dark Souls Remastered and come back when I've had my arse handed to me by that.

Everyone's loving this, so I must be doing something "wrong". Plus I have to keep going as it was from my Cryptic Claus!
  • I'm nearly at the end I think...

Does anyone know of any weapon/armour combo that can deal earth damage whilst in the sky armours?
  • One of the sky armour loadouts has various elements. Elemental cannon or something like that.
  • Cheers yeah I have found it :) I'm up against 4 of those big shaolin monk looking guys in the sky armours. I suppose I should try to debuff them as well

EDIT: YES the earth cannon gave me the edge that I needed. Currently on about 70 hours of play. I kind of don't want it to end but then another part of me thinks that it's a good time for it to end. Would love a sequel to this! It's my GOTY for sure.
  • Don't forget with sky armours to swap the weapons around, as the stat boosts from them are permanent once levelled.
  • Wow finished it, what an incredible game, the ending has me in tears.

The man who did the OST should be proud
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I’m going to give this another shot, after I’ve completed/given up on Dark Souls Remastered.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Well, that's Dark Souls and Live A Live squared away. Time to give this another go.

General hints and tips?
  • Go north
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It says my exits are east, south, and Dennis.
  • Been a while since I've played but from what I can remember.
    The move upgrade system is a bit confusing at first but fine once understood.
    Unlike a lot of RPGs you use your whole squad so put time into each of them. You also need to use support characters more than some other games.

It's really good though, I should go back and finish it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Replayed the first hour, and man, I'd forgotten how fun this was.
  • I loved this game. GOTY so far, for me.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Just hoping I don't hit a brick wall during a quest that basically reads "Wrestle with passport bureaucracy".
  • There was a quest fairly early on that involved a lot of toing and froing and I very nearly quit at that point. But persisted and was duly rewarded. The story actually gets quite dark in places.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It was the end of that quest, with the invincible bodyguards, that made me rage quit my first play through.

The combat system is clicking more this time. I'm not running out of TP like I would often do during the first attempt. Also, there was an update when I restarted, I think it added a handy little turn counter for (de)buffs, so I'm no longer having to mentally keep track of how many turns my dudes have TP regeneration left for.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    About to try and get through the border for the nth time. Wish me luck. Here's where the last run ended.

But I did have fun in tonight's session - I fucked up a sentient carrot and his vegetable friends.
  • Ah I remember that unique boss, was quite amusing! I never did get around to finding all of the unique encounters.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It took two attempts, the first time around the second phase AOE'd me to death.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Invincible body guards defeated! Onto the rest of the game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Up to the screaming flowers. That was a grim reveal.

In other news, I've given Lenne (who attacks with elemental magic) all the gems that make the enemies have various weaknesses (like oil and such), and then the ability that fills the Ultra Move bar twice as fast if I hit something with their opposed magic type... it kinda feels like cheating. But in a good way.

FUCK YEAH SYNERGY.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!