Outriders - Square-Enix/People Can Fly Co-op Shooter
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Didn’t try play yesterday but logged in first time today and no issues with gear or anything else? Am I lucky or has it been fixed?

Think I'm also one of the lucky ones. No issues logging in and all character stuff intact.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Finished the campaign last night. Clocked in at around 30 hours. To be fair as well, I bypassed all the additional content such as side quests and hunts towards the end as I just wanted to see the story out and get stuck into some end-game stuff.

I've seen a lot of posts on Reddit saying the game isn't worth €60 and that's just completely untrue. Sure, look it's had major issues that's no secret but there is great value for money here in my opinion. Depending on your tastes and willingness to accept it's tone, the story of Outriders was a lot better than I had thought it was going to be and is in my opinion worth playing through even if you have no interest in the post-game loot grind.

Coupled with the lore tab there is plenty of depth here if you want to go looking for it and I imagine if they do decide to push out some DLC it will expand upon the world and lore even more.

I'll try a few of these expeditions now, although I don't know if I will be sticking around much longer than 50-100 hours. People Can Fly have been quite clear about the games goals though and GaaS was not one of them so I'm quite happy with what I've gotten to be honest. All bugs and faffness aside.
  • Nice Haak. I've been doing the side missions as I go so not sure how far I am through, but I'm level 17 now. Did the Eagles Peak section, the forest section after that and I'm now at the
    Spoiler:
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    The areas do actually get progressively better and by the time you're towards the end I was really enjoying them. Shame as the first few 'zones' are pretty droll. I'm going to go back and do all the side quests now and hunts which should bring me up to level 30.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Flora met a friend at the Botanics today so I got about 90 mins of this in. Hit World Tier 4 and level 8, think I did a main story quest called Sanctuary? I liked the new enemies that it brought in, more exciting than the generic grunts.

Quite hard though on my own, I've had to bump it down to Tier 3 a couple of times to get past mini bosses.

To quote a wise man, I'm enjoying my time with the combat.
  • Don't know who that could be Reg.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Another burst on this today, and I'm definitely finding it, as level 11, too hard to solo in places, mostly with Captains.

That being said, combat continues to be quite fun. As a Trickster, it's almost (here we go) Bloodborne-ian in that I'm encouraged to be as aggressive as possible all the time to regain HP.

I do have to say I don't like the side quests being repeatable. I know they turn the ! From yellow to white but I'm a fan of clearing a map. Continues to be fun mechanics, awful plot (and that is actually starting to get to me as I hate the whole "turn your brain off, what there's a plot in Halo?" Pish, and solid on the Series X.

As Kojima said, I'll keep coming.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Turn your World Tier down if you're finding it too difficult, I did in places and then bumped it back up again when I felt I could handle it. The plot sure isn't anything special but I found it at least mildly entertaining, especially towards the end.

You can't fault the VO.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh no, I absolutely can fault the VO. I still like it.
  • Started this today to give my boy H someone to crack heads with. Seems fun so far, enemies a bit spongy, but I like throwing myself at them as a bag of rocks.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me and Tempy gonna cause some mayhem tomorrow.
  • I'll hold your hand
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bwaaaa I don't think you know what the Trickster does.
  • I'll hold your hand
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thanks
  • my hand is made of rocks
  • Ronds
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Almost had to drop world tier for the first time on the most god awful boss...
    Spoiler:

But managed to work out how to smash its weak spots to pieces eventually. Hope that’s the worst boss as it’s been the only down point really.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aside from the appalling cutscenes. I'm really enjoying the game but my dude are you even paying attention to the bits between fighting? If no, I'll go back to my earlier bit, and if yes, I want what you're on.
  • Trying to pay attention to the story if only a little. The voice acting isn’t great at all, BUT the story is reasonably interesting. Though really I’m just having fun with the combat and all the weapons. And it’s definitely the kind of mindless at times fun I need right now.
  • It is very mindless but I am glad it exists and is on gamepass so that I can guilt free chuck hours at it
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    You're all on crack. Game is legendary!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Me and tempy played about 2.5 hours just there and the game continues to be dumb as hell, with a horrible UI but very very compelling combat.
  • Anyone else playing Trickster? I've tried looking for builds online but they're all for super end game stuff. I've been struggling a bit in coop with mine as the enemies are a lot tougher and more numerous.

Any tips/builds you guys are using?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Only advice I can give is with these games there's no point in banging your head against the wall with enemies who just eat your damage. If you're finding it too tough, drop the WT and get more powerful gear and then up the WT again. The temptation is always to slog away at the highest difficulty like you're channeling your inner 'Legendary Combat Evolved' mindset when in reality looters are all about optimal clear and kill times.

Playing Technomancer at the moment.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy and I bounced between levels 4 and 5 on our play yesterday.

I'm using Trickster and as I said to Temps you just need to be "getting back in that ass" all the time. It's constant moving. They nerfed the twisty bullets perk but to be honest I only use the gun to finish off enemies. The spinning top one is massively powerful, especially if you can get to where enemies are spawning and create a kill room.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This video makes me want to give this game another go.

• Holding down shoot for 15 minutes to kill the chrysallid who is too big, to slow, and too boring to pay attention to. -The boss fights in this game are the worst.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    CHRYSALOID get it right. We only spent 20 minutes doing nothing on it.
  • Aye that was pish.  I did enjoy the spider in the volcano area, though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!