Outriders - Square-Enix/People Can Fly Co-op Shooter
  • Yarp. Managed to get some time on it and still enjoying the game play cycle. I'm also liking the lore of the world as it gets drip fed through.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah this is pretty average unfortunately, not really setting my world on fire. Especially with all the technical issues, bugs and sever problems. The world is quite dull, very little in the way of exploration or anything like that. Shame, will probably play out the campaign and do some end game stuff but doubt I'll be at this one for long.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I watched an MTashed video earlier where he took 12 mins to basically say "leave the World Tier on Normal until you've hit the level cap". 

You don't get any extra XP for choosing a higher difficulty, so all you're doing is slowing down your progress and wasting time shooting spongey, overlevelled enemies for loot that'll become redundant in a few levels anyway.

Sound advice!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah watched that one too. Lots of videos these days are like that, fucking ages long just to appease the YouTube algorithm.
  • Huh interesting..I'm world level 6 and level 12. Most encounters are fine but some take a couple of goes. Didn't think about dropping it down as get better loot at the higher levels, but I suppose you will get higher loot before long.
  • Some of the environments are great InThis the variety to them from lush green to volcanoes and world war style battlefields of brown and ash.
    Really liking it's style and the weapons and mods are interesting.

My recommended for you tube is all 'farm these epics now' etc so I'm staying away from them all as I just want to take this slow and enjoy it for what it is.

Map system is pish btw.

And it's way too slow at the start and one of those games that doesn't get good till you put in like 10 hours or there abouts, shame really.
  • Played about 3 hours co-op last night, really good fun (although there were a couple of disconnects). When you have three of you popping off powers and working together it's great. They up the enemy count for it though so it isn't a walk in the park.
    digi wrote:
    Some of the environments are great InThis the variety to them from lush green to volcanoes and world war style battlefields of brown and ash.
    Really liking it's style and the weapons and mods are interesting.

My recommended for you tube is all 'farm these epics now' etc so I'm staying away from them all as I just want to take this slow and enjoy it for what it is.

Map system is pish btw.

And it's way too slow at the start and one of those games that doesn't get good till you put in like 10 hours or there abouts, shame really.

Agree that it takes too long to get going, but once it does its a great laugh. And the environments do have a nice amount of variety.
  • Have they managed to stabilise this yet?
    For lack of much else to play I would like to give it a fair crack but not if im getting hoofed.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Have they managed to stabilise this yet?
    For lack of much else to play I would like to give it a fair crack but not if im getting hoofed.

Iv seen lots of complaints about some bug on Xbox if your in a certain place it crashes or loses connection.

Iv had one disconnect in all my time so far,
    I am playing like 10 or more games and cycling thru them though
  • 0 disconnects for me but I've only played 3 hours or so.
  • I'll likely play this for a while though. It's great fun.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Have they managed to stabilise this yet? For lack of much else to play I would like to give it a fair crack but not if im getting hoofed.

Not on PC anyway, still getting random disconnects and a myriad of other bugs.
  • Should have said I was on Xbox.
    Cheers Davie I will look to see where that bug is.
  • I haven't been disconnected yet on series S. Never made it this far last week. So if anyone wants to team up, I'm game. Though it seems cross play has been disabled for the time being.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Should have said I was on Xbox.
    Cheers Davie I will look to see where that bug is.
    Matt_82 wrote:
    I haven't been disconnected yet on series S. Never made it this far last week. So if anyone wants to team up, I'm game. Though it seems cross play has been disabled for the time being.

Just been trying to find the part on resetera where I read about all the different people working out which camp to avoid for the crash but it's way back in the thread now I think.

I did read that it's recommended to leave crossplay off for pc and Xbox just now and it's recommended to not use matchmaking on Xbox either.
    Sorry this ain't much help but I'm now wondering why Xbox is having more problems than the rest.
    (Pc players either have it best or worst with no inbetween)
  • More people are playing on Xbox because they're not paying for it.
  • Nah thats useful Davie.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    More people are playing on Xbox because they're not paying for it.
    This sounds likely.
  • Actually really enjoying this. Not put much time in but it’s just a decent shooter. Why they made cover and roll separate buttons I don’t know but it’s not the end of the world. Some decent weapons, decent powers so far, definitely enough to have me play through.
  • I just zoned out watching a stream of this being played at high level and it's strange but I kind of want to play it but it's almost like I'm getting what I want from it by just watching. It looks like a fun third person splatter up but I just know how's it going to go so can't be arsed if you catch my drift.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Matt_82 wrote:
    More people are playing on Xbox because they're not paying for it.
    This sounds likely.

Makes perfect sense.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I just zoned out watching a stream of this being played at high level and it's strange but I kind of want to play it but it's almost like I'm getting what I want from it by just watching. It looks like a fun third person splatter up but I just know how's it going to go so can't be arsed if you catch my drift.

It's pretty much The Division with Gears and Diablo loot.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The fantasy powerplay in this game is something else! 

I really hope they don't go down the nerfing route because some of this shit is ridiculous OP fun.
  • I can't imagine ever wanting to play this game over anything really. It's a mindless turd.
    You aren't allowed to change your opinions. Once a side has been declared, there is no return.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I've fallen way behind on this anyway, the guys I usually play with are all at 60+ hours played already. Game not even out a week...
  • Had another go this morning and I was back to  being disconnected frequently.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah I was the same last night, few times I had to do entire sections again. Was irritating as all fuck.
  • Luckily no disconnects for me, or any crashes. Really enjoying the game play for this, lots of fun.
  • Yeah it sucks it’s still like that on PC, after finally being able to log in it’s been smooth sailing everyday since.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Looks like a spoke to soon! They've just released a patch, and they've nerfed all the Anomaly Rounds skills.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!