Outriders - Square-Enix/People Can Fly Co-op Shooter
  • There's a guy on Reddit talking about how he has more time on the demo than he has playing Cyberpunk.  He has 112 hours in Cyberpunk.  Crazy.

So far, I've played the Devastator and Technomancer classes.  I seem to be doing better with the Technodude as I can clear areas/bosses much quicker.
  • I've played as Trickster, Pyromancer and Technomancer. Think Trickster is my fave so far, Techonomancer is good but more difficult to solo. Pyro I enjoyed but think it needs some more powers to get more powerful
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • How does the progression from demo > full game work? Is it worth me playing the demo if I'm going to play the full game? Will it impact on me playing with others who start at the beginning?
  • The Trickster looks fun.  I think what appeals to me about Technomancer is being able to set up distractions with turrets and then shoot everyone in the back when they are occupied with that.

The Devastator is cool but you really need to get right into the action and that's not really my style.
  • How does the progression from demo > full game work? Is it worth me playing the demo if I'm going to play the full game? Will it impact on me playing with others who start at the beginning?

Yeah level progression and equipment, resources etc all carry over from the demo.  

I think the demo is worth playing.  For a start, it's quite a generous demo and I'm sure you'll be able to work out whether or not you like the game.  

Secondly, once you've played it, you can skip the prologue when you create new characters and get straight to the part where you have the powers.  I'm not sure that other players can even go back and join your prologue and it's pretty much a tutorial.

Lastly, there is a level cap of 7 on the demo.  I have 2 characters on that and MattyJ probably has three.  So you'd be behind.  I'm not sure how the difficulty level ('world level' in game) works in multiplayer.  There is a mention that it gets raised in mp but I don't know by how much.  But however it's going to work, there would be a balance issue between characters.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I do need to fire this up. Given it has AN ENDING it seems like something I would like.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But for some reason I have become obsessed with the repetitive grind of Maneater.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    How does the progression from demo > full game work? Is it worth me playing the demo if I'm going to play the full game? Will it impact on me playing with others who start at the beginning?

Yeah level progression and equipment, resources etc all carry over from the demo.  

I think the demo is worth playing.  For a start, it's quite a generous demo and I'm sure you'll be able to work out whether or not you like the game.  

Secondly, once you've played it, you can skip the prologue when you create new characters and get straight to the part where you have the powers.  I'm not sure that other players can even go back and join your prologue and it's pretty much a tutorial.

Lastly, there is a level cap of 7 on the demo.  I have 2 characters on that and MattyJ probably has three.  So you'd be behind.  I'm not sure how the difficulty level ('world level' in game) works in multiplayer.  There is a mention that it gets raised in mp but I don't know by how much.  But however it's going to work, there would be a balance issue between characters.

Yup it all carries over.

World level is determined by host I think, so I'm at world 5, if Tiger joined he could get better loot etc.
  • By the way, if you get a weapon with a mod, disassemble it rather than sell it once you are done with it.  Crafting isn't in the demo but the mods that you learn will be carried over to the game.

I didn't know this and sold a load of them for scrap.

• Y'all can now preload this via gamepass app.

The devs chucked a post up on the subreddit explaining all the improvements made. I think it'll be a decent game, once you're out into the wider world and away from the city, doing the monster hunts and so on. Looking forward to it
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ll give it another go. Now that it’s free ;-)
  • The preloading/remote play thing isn't working for me, annoyingly.  If it's released at midnight, it should be ok for when I get back from work, though.

I'm looking forward to it.  I think it'll be fun.
  • Me too man. Hopefully get some time over the long weekend to stick a few hours in
  • Quite looking forward to it myself. Got it set to download day 1.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Didn't get the demo, which says a lot really. Looters are usually my thing but I'm not sure about this, been burned so many times these past few years. Might just wait for reviews.
  • 10.5 gig day one patch. Plus if you're on Xbox and switch to New Zealand you can get the game downloading now.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Preloaded on PC anyway :P
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s already in my Xbox. Unfortunately it won’t be getting a look in as I bought Yakuza: LaD last night.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Preloaded on PC anyway :P

Fuck it! Preloading now. Maybe get some coop going over the weekend?  ;)
  • b0r1s wrote:
    It’s already in my Xbox. Unfortunately it won’t be getting a look in as I bought Yakuza: LaD last night.

You made the right choice. YakLad is the best
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My mate bought this so I have it, not even tried demo as I thought it looked gash.
    May as well give it a try for free though eh.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It could be one of those that works well if there’s a few of you Davie. As you know I’m just crap at devoting the time to online.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    It could be one of those that works well if there’s a few of you Davie. As you know I’m just crap at devoting the time to online.

Still not looked at it, il give it a try tonite.
  • I tried half an hour before work. I've been playing No Man's Sky for a week though and the control scheme is all different so I was running about like a right fucking idiot. Couldn't get past a bit I'd done easily the week before.

Then inlost connection with the servers and got kicked out.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    PC players be warned: DX12 is a bit of a slide-show right now. The developers recommend DX11 until they've fixed it. 

I just died because the camera angle bugged out on me at the worst possible moment.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Okay the servers shit the bed like all launch day titles, but i've never seen a developer react to the problems as quick as People Can Fly. The amount of changes they made based on the demo/feedback is unheard of. They definitely have their finger on the pulse of the players base/community.

Just 8 mins ago they Tweeted they have identified the server issues and are working on a fix right now! That transparency is precious!
  • Good stuff man. Really looking forward to getting stuck into it properly and seeing the changes they've made.

How have you found it? Got further than demo?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I tried playing but got disconnected several times.
  • I'll probably have a dabble tonight.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I really need to play this. I downloaded the demo and never played it, and now the whole thing is on Gamepass. It looks up my street and I bet it runs a treat on my X

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!