Line of Duty (series 6 starting Sunday 21 March 2021) - discussion and spoilers.
  • Its interesting you say that about the silly points because i’ve always noticed those as I’m watching but kinda forgive them once it’s over.  Not sure its because it’s a British tv drama that doesn’t completely suck or what?  Gets by on the good will generated elsewhere?  Dunno. Apart from S5.  That just went full on shark hopping.

I realised I was engaged when I was saying "Oh WTF?" out loud at the daft bits. I think they just really stand out in an otherwise pretty stellar script. It's jarring I guess, but because the end is played down so much it rather smooths the whole thing out. And tbf the silly bits weren't as bad as se1.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • PS. cheers for the spoiler tags people. I'll be up to speed soon.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Eurgh can someone with spoilers update me on past stuff that is relevant to season 6 thus far? It’s not given any help whatsoever and clearly there’s breadcrumbs from past series that would be helpful to remember.
    GT: Knight640
  • There’s a lot of stuff you’re asking for there.

Doesn’t the OP have a big ol overview of each season so far?
  • Yes, yes it does. I guess start there and then ask for more specific stuff behind your own spoilers maybe?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tbh I don’t remember it all and all the characters plot lines but the show is generally good at filling in the blanks as the series progresses.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Tbh I don’t remember it all and all the characters plot lines but the show is generally good at filling in the blanks as the series progresses.

Yeah true.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can’t wait for the interview room. Best bit.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Solid episode.

Theories. That will all be wrong.
    Spoiler:
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Can’t wait for the interview room. Best bit.

Yeah, I really want to hear Macdonald trying to fend of all those incessant AC-12 voices, cleverly implying she did this and that. 

In Sweden so will have to wait a couple of days more for the second episode.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Solid episode.

Theories. That will all be wrong.
    Spoiler:

I like the 3rd one. Makes sense of their behaviour which is just weird otherwise.
  • Much better second episode. Starting to feel like it’s going somewhere now.
    Spoiler:
  • If they manage to pull off
    Spoiler:
    I'll be very impressed.

Being undercover would work.
  • I don’t see that option working either, but the whole point of Line of Duty is to wrong-foot us all again and again. So I’m ruling nothing out.
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I don’t see that option working either, but the whole point of Line of Duty is to wrong-foot us all again and again. So I’m ruling nothing out.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Ace episode. First one is a tough gig, because they need to set a new scene, bring in some new characters, and remind the audience of some old ones. This one built on last week and out the pace and intrigue back where it needs to be. Fantastic tv.
  • Fun episode. A good solid interview room and a police who seems wise to all the traps. I wonder what will trip her up?
    Spoiler:

Good good good.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This was a stonking episode and for once...
    Spoiler:
  • we already knew that at the end of the last series.
    Spoiler:

I can't see anything but AC-12 being ruined by all of this.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It obviously didn’t stick with me.
  • Same here. Makes sense now you’ve mentioned it though, thanks Crayon.
  • Similarly, it took Hastings to mention it before it triggered in my head that a few seasons ago
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Ah, now that part I remembered from the off. And the kid/cop too. But a lot of the other elements have taken some Googling.

I’m enjoying that each episode has a one-liner from Hastings for the lols.
    Spoiler:
  • Predictions on H?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Do we know if there'll be further series after this one?
  • There’s no definitive word, but a seventh series has not been commissioned so far.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Predictions on H?

Not sure - my guess is Hastings boss - the woman chief. But some people are suggesting Osborne who was arnotts boss in series 1.
  • I *think* I’ve read somewhere that the plan is to wrap it all up in the next series. I have no idea where I’ve read that though and it could quite easily have been a fever dream!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Predictions on H?
    Not sure - my guess is Hastings boss - the woman chief. But some people are suggesting Osborne who was arnotts boss in series 1.

I'd go with this. He's an arse and he has been background referenced a few times since. He was in some of the missing reporter footage this season too. I reckon that will be the big end reveal this season with AC-12 taking him down next season.
  • anyone think flemming turns heel? 

anyone else think Davidson is fit as fuck?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!