Watch Dogs from Ubisoft
  • Apart from on PC.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Nah i think the crappy looking version is last gen build but it looks diabolical compared to say, gta5, brings me to the conclusion that the full fat new gen version is all very brute force chuck fancy stuff in they didnt r&d themselves just read a pile of 'this will make stuff look cool' papers by asian students

The now gen version looks pretty in a very superficial way but the more i see of it the more ropey it comes across in certain ways popping up from time to time, it's not very convincing, i do hope im wrong though

I actually do have a lot of love for what The Division's doing at the moment though and have a lot of confidence in it delivering on all platforms so i wouldnt lump it in with this, and i do hope i'm right there
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I hope you are to gunn.  Can't see any reasons to draw parallels between this and The Division.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I hope the NG versions have better AI as well as better shinies. I don't just want the extra power going on graphics. But suspect it will.

Still reckon this will be ok not shocking. [7], not [4].
  • I hope you are to gunn.  Can't see any reasons to draw parallels between this and The Division.
    The fact that it won't be out until the end of this year (at best) suggests that the E3 video last year was bullshit.
  • Question is if this game ends up being below the 8-9/10s most expected when it was first shown, will it have a negative effect on sales?

Didn't Ubisoft have a bit of a poor last couple of quarters financially?

If this fails to shift what they expect and series fatigue sets in more on Assassin's Creed I could see them losing some serious cash.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • People are going to be desperate for anything next gen by Christmas.
  • I_R wrote:
    I hope you are to gunn.  Can't see any reasons to draw parallels between this and The Division.
    The fact that it won't be out until the end of this year (at best) suggests that the E3 video last year was bullshit.

Mixed feelings on comments like this, they have to keep the studio busy throughout development and when youre creating such a huge space then iterating on it, strong art materials could crop up pretty early on (early should be in quotes, 1 years a very short time now) - they withut a doubt would have exploited the best art they had, showed off the nicest technology they had- What I was impressed with and admired was that a bunch of the really clever art stuff was low key, people would just take it for granted without even realising they're effects that either have significantly more impact on performance on last gen processing or are plain impossible to do in any sensible way, examples being the procedural fracturing and and the volumetric fluid simulations driving grate fumes, and actual realtime relatively recently researched global illumination techniques in a mainstream game in the interiors, which is genuine next gen talk. All I can say is that I was very impressed by the talent on display and the integration of a lot of great things that really made me think games had come up a notch and disparate platforms were being pulled together. I cant se myself really playing either of these games, theyre going to be total timesinks, but watchdogs to me is looking increasingly messy as time goes on, with the impressive bits being one shot particular moments created by animators and dedicated artists. All the stuff I was impressed with in The Division was the very clever procedural stuff going on - that kind of think can be tuned and adjusted to fit in to a target performance, and its a system, self contained, you dont need artists constantly running over it in revisions that destroy the original idea, and you can just leave it to run by itsself and get results you expected. This is why The Division to me cannot be compared here - what it showed was a far greater intelligence and talent from the foundations upwards just seeing how they integrated those systems, even in a short video, and they at no point went LOOK AT THIS FLASHY THING with a big red arrow pointed at it, its all just subtly composited, having a viewer assume nothing
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I_R wrote:

Same was getting said from EAers this week. Then everyone started wanking over the mgsV comparisons to cheer everyone up.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • The new mgs i have to say looks swanky as fuck, very interested in how that turns out
  • New multiplayer vid…

I can see it being problematic in multiplayer that everyone looks like Aiden in their own game, which strikes me as confusing for trying to identify your mates online, if nobody really knows what they look like in other people's games.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    What about the markers on peoples heads?

I don't get where you're coming from.

When a player arrives in your game, they're there to hack you, so knowing in advance, who's a player character would give it away. The thing that's bothering me is how much distraction/intrusion that would be if you're out to play the campaign.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • There's a multiplayer section in that vid where you're playing online with your crew. I'd rather have a personalised avatar for that sort of thing rather than not knowing what I look like in everyone else's game.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • But it is pretty nifty i have to admit, the whole hacking stuff looks great fun. It'll prob be a typical launch day/week mess and i have to question the delay in release in relation to maybe the devs seeing how gta 5's multiplayer worked..
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Aye, the bit with the markers on your team's head...I thought it was fairly do's myself, if I'm looking at my team. I dn't think the player is affected by not knowing what they look like from a team mate's perspective. If you don't want the chance of having black skinned avatar then maybe drop them a support email? (o:
  • Just like that American Army game where, no matter who you were or where you came from, you were always shooting Arabs.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "What are you wearing?"

"It's not like that!"

"Okay, what am I wearing?"

"A towel."

"Oh for fucks sake."
  • I've lost all interest in this.  Alternative, clever gameplay with multiple solutions has turned into a shoot-fest, where hacking has been replaced by exploding gas pipes (why the gas pipes were installed with self-destruct explosives is anyone's guess) and progress through the campaign hampered by whichever fucknugget takes a dislike to you.

Amongst various problems in that trailer; if on-foot guy looked like any old NPC in taco-van guy's game, how did he know it was worthwhile 'hacking' him?
  • Snore. Looks like another boring GTA clone. Fuck that. 

• Might buy for £20 to have a look at the world, but it's not inspiring me at all. I'm pretty sure The Division is going to fall in the same bracket as well.
  • Good video there. Not the usual paid for hype videos so common these days.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Tech performance confirmed for One/PS4. Interesting giving Sony's initial bluster of 1080/60 that was removed and now the facts. Maybe they should take their own hype with a pinch of salt.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-13-confirmed-watch-dogs-ps4-900p-xbox-one-792p-both-30fps
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Sony talking more bollocks about 1080p/60fps and then being shown up as liars, will they ever learn.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • Still a lot better than XBone's 720p. Be intersesting to see what kind of blurry mess Ps360/WiiU-fail end up being.

When did Sony say this would be 1080x60p anyways?
  • That's 792p actually lol. :p
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • It doesn't matter how well it runs if it's utter shit.
  • Yeah it really does look ropey. You can throw all the 1080P at it you want this is gonna stink.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This thread needs someone to be blindly optimistic in the face of all rationality.

I'm willing to be that man.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!