Watch Dogs from Ubisoft
  • Wii U version will be the superior one if the second screen feature is implemented intelligently.

Since all versions are sub-HD and run at sub-par framerates, may as well ignore the tech comparisons entirely.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    This thread needs someone to be blindly optimistic in the face of all rationality. I'm willing to be that man.

I'm with you brother,  i'm still looking forward to having a go on it...   having said that I do have terrible taste in games ....
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    This thread needs someone to be blindly optimistic in the face of all rationality. I'm willing to be that man.
    I'm with you brother,  i'm still looking forward to having a go on it...   having said that I do have terrible taste in games ....

Objection! Your avatar taste is superb.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • :-)

It looks even better playing it on my arcade cabinet :-D
  • Oh god damn it. WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!
  • deepest darkest wilds of Oxfordshire
  • I'll need a street address and work schedule so I can drop by one day.

Golden Axe is one of my favourite games. Played it during my 'formative' years in the hobby along with Speedball 2 and I will never tire of it. The music is permanently etched into my memory.
  • I'm totally getting this on day one. Might get hat.edition.
  • I might actually get this on WiiU because why the fuck not. It's not going to be doing anything else until Bayonetta drops.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • What's the consensus on how this will do score wise? I'm guessing 7/8 across the board. Solid/unremarkable/contrived/GTA5 a more believable world.
  • Just looks really stilted and joyless to play, from the brief moments I've seen. I hate all that interruption crap.
  • Everything I've seen just makes it look like Assassins Creed. I don't really get what Ubi have been doing as far as game design goes.
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    I might actually get this on WiiU because why the fuck not. It's not going to be doing anything else until Bayonetta drops.

It's coming out much later on wii u. Poss after bayo.

• Id forgot that. I remember a Ubi guy saying something like "from the last email I read from the team that are handling the port, I have no reason to suspect it's going to be a complete disaster. I'm almost certain it won't get canned but don't quote me on that."
  • danclarke wrote:
    What's the consensus on how this will do score wise? I'm guessing 7/8 across the board. Solid/unremarkable/contrived/GTA5 a more believable world.

I'm going for a 7 in Edge, and a 7 everywhere else and maybe a couple of 8's. I think in reality it'll be a very average GTA clone not even up there with the likes of Sleeping Dogs. The hacking gimmicks and rubbishy vehicle inclusion will mire it even more. In an era of a million Ass Creed/GTA wannabes this game doesn't appear to have anything going for it apart from the multiplayer which I haven't the slightest interest in. GTA5 was the biggest selling game of all time and who's still playing that online? On paper these sorts of games sound great online - go anywhere, get into strife with other people etc, but in reality, they're a bit of a vacuous experience.
  • The random augmented reality sections are what convinced me.
  • Digital trips seem to be the saving grace.
  • Not even up they with the likes of Sleeping Dogs?

How fucking date you! Sleeping Dogs was great fun, this will be a steaming pile of shite. Edge [6], no-one will give it higher than a eight.
  • Sleeping Dogs was so good. It just looked like a knock off at first but it was so good in so many ways.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I figured after Sleepy Dogs that any game with Dogs in the title would be full of win.

This just seems to be a thinned down win these days.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Never played the Reservoir Dogs game but that would probably throw the bell curve off a bit.
  • There was a bit in Sleeping Dogs where I got honestly annoyed by the baddies and played a few hour session just to fuck their shit up.
  • I got Sleeping Dogs on gwg, I thought it was unrefined and dull, wasn't it released during a particularly dry summer drought? I did play it after GTA5 though.
  • GTAV is a hard act to follow. The fighting and driving were better in SD than GTAIV but the driving in  V was sweetness. It was full of 90s Hong Kong film references that I got a kick out of too.
  • Sleeping Dogs was superb, the fighting was very good but not quite as tight a Batman. Loved Uncle Po.

There's a sequel on the way right?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Better fucking had be. Fighting wasn't up to Batman standards but it's been the best attempt to lift that fighting style so far imo.

Let's see how the driving competes in the new Batman.
  • Open world Batman game without being able to attend high society events as Bruce Wayne is fundamentally broken.
  • Sleeping Dogs was awesome.

This is a [6] at the very best, if the reviewers are feeling charitable.  What a turd.
  • I think the next gen excitement might push reviews up a few points, people will regret it in hindsight.

Sleepy Dogs is a good example though of everyone looking at this sort of game in advance and yawning, then we all love it when we play it. You never know, the delay might have been to make this fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!