martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Woah. Just saw this.
  • What

the

fuck?

As has been said already, I bet Sony are hopping mad seeing as they had launch bundles featuring this.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah, mod said the same thing
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ASSASSINS CREED 4 BUNDLE MUTHAFUCKA
  • I wonder if GTA V had an effect on this actually.  Open world games will be compared to that for a while.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I bet you're onto something - it's theoretically half a year of tinkering, potentially some big stuff
  • f3a52e676ffd277a1f18eee3685d32e6_zps7bd53db5.jpg
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    I wonder if GTA V had an effect on this actually.  Open world games will be compared to that for a while.

This is what I think. A month away is a little close to decide there's an issue surely. The continued ridiculous success of such a similar game environment must be off putting. On current gen I doubt many would choose it over GTA for gifts etc, and when it comes to next gen the limited number of consoles out there and low attachment rates must mean its a better idea to wait, more consoles available in spring, and still too few games on the next gen to have too much competition.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Won't V be out on the new platform(s) come spring tho?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano wrote:
    Won't V be out on the new platform(s) come spring tho?

Very good question. Not sure if they'd do it that soon. Most of those on the next gen will probably have played it on the current gen and a good percentage may still think its too soon. I'd go for next autumn winter with the first expansion packs included.
  • Well afaik the PC version of GTA 5 is pencilled for Q1 2014 with next gen versions as yet unconfirmed, but iterating the technology on the PC version (if needed) while it's out in the wild makes sense for a next gen flavour a bit after, so maybe we won't be waiting THAT long. The PC version could initialy be gobsmacking anyways what with the idea it's very likely scalable, they can use all the high res assets they've no doubt made (pretty standard), and chuck a bit more cpu time at the physics and AI. So yeah, next gen GTA 5 not inconcievable after that, and probs a better contender for people's money than this
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    I wonder if GTA V had an effect on this actually.  Open world games will be compared to that for a while.
    Ubisoft might be looking at the sales of that with dollar signs in their eyes, but they could also be counting the cost of supporting the Wii-U at launch. Getting a million sales for a AAA blockbuster hasn't been a good result for a long time.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Despite having this preordered for the PS4 launch I'm actually ok with a delay. I'm also getting AC IV on launch day and these Ubisoft open world thingies tend to be pretty big time sinks, and in the back of my mind I already knew getting both on the same day was pointless.

So is this delay going to put it up against Infamous?
    Get schwifty.
  • I guess they also thought: spring games drought - scoop that market up and we are already selling our monster hit this christmas.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Or they could have played it and realised it needs a few more months in the oven.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That was my first thought. But this is like a month before release, like right as it would be going gold. Surely they'd know well before then
  • Yeah from insight given this should be well out of the 'is this going to work' phase. I assume it's going to work, they're adding some polish
  • Thing is, as said. It's a month before release, and they're delaying it by, what? 5 months?
    Could have said last month and not agreed to the bundle deal.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    No actual reason then for it?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Ubisoft weren't always dicks i'm sure
  • It's the success that turned them into dicks. Saying things like, "Assassin's Creed isn't an annual franchise," just before we endured one game per year as they milked the cash cow for all it was worth.
  • Maybe they been reassessing things because of issues with gtav? They want to make sure everything is ironed out.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I was thinking that moments ago, rev. 

I'd love this to be a day of coincidences.
  • Hold my hand...
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    You're one evolved dog.
  • This has gta 5 fear all over it. I'm increasingly convinced it's making a lot of developers and publishers nervous cause it's raised a bar ridiculously high in a way most consumers dont realise has happened, but people making such games are starkly aware has happened. Their games are just going to look naff, and consumers arent like 'woo look at gta 5 go', they've just unconsciously come to expect that now. I'm glad gta 5 made a bunch of money given its technical merit will be ignored by its unnoticed establishment as a yardstick. If gta 5 had been set in middle earth, people would be a lot more aware of what its doing.

Watchdogs just looks naff compared to gta 5, in fact all the open world games look naff compared to it, next gen games just look worse. I think they'd all be trying to give it wide a berth as possible, hoping people forgot it a bit and maybe spunk some serious money on some last minute super pretty feature solution
  • Can't say it's ever appealed to me, typical Ubisoft over-complicated, trying to be flash and not able to put anything in that's actually fun to do.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I will definitely be double-dipping with GTA V in spring, once the online creation is out I think it will have legs which can only be bad news for this.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Technically won't you be triple dipping Moto ;)?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!