Watch Dogs from Ubisoft
  • Ive thoroughly enjoyed it so far. It is fun. Original...no. Technically impressive...no. But it is fun to play.

Whats wrong with a game providing that?!

Nothing at all, but if it's neither original or technically impressive then there's no impetus to splash £400 on a new box.

I remember seeing this for the first time and it seemed as if it was something that would only be possible on next gen, both graphics wise and in the potential gameplay elements.

As it turns out all the hacking just seems like a bullet point on the box, and visually it seems to have been paired back (although that might be because it's been so long since the original reveal)
  • I think once they stop making current gen games and move fully onto next gen , I'd imagine you'd be more impressed .

Actually , probably not .

Got it for £44 from Tesco for the Bone , chose that over the Ps4 version because I've yet to play online with anyone from this forum and have played
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Bloody phone !

and have played a fair with fellow boners - no pun intended by the way.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Usually I'd be more jealous of others with newer consoles by now. Hmm.
    Yup.

So judging by reviews it sounds as expected - some good ideas compromised by having to tick all the now expected gameplay boxes.
  • Once you purchasing a new console into the mix then yes it probably isn't a poster boy for next gen!

The hacking has been fairly interesting so far. The one button approach is certainly very basic but it has led to some interesting tactical uses and timing can play into it.  For example, clearing an area of guards through hacking a camera and then using the environment to lure and then takedown, all through hacking.  Or my favourite moment so far, using some nifty driving and hacking to trap three police cars in a street by raising bollards a split second after I had passed them.  

As mentioned before, the next gen killer app won't appear until we move past current and next gen crossovers.  I'm thinking most likely Batman or The Witcher 3.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I have the ps4 version and the pop-up is really bad (its very distracting), at times the game looks amazing but for the most part it looks very bland. Its worth mentioning the pc version even on ultra had some serious pop-up so its not just a console issue.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • <New game arrives which isn't Dark Soulzzz>

Moan moan moan moan grumble I hate games Next Gen is Shit LOL I am so glad I'm skint and can't afford an Xbox One/PS4 etc

</Never Change Bear & Badge, never change!>

(For the record I haven't tried this yet, is it any good?)
    Rascal chops.
  • It's no Dark Souls...
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • I've never played Dark Souls.  It looks like boring arse though.
    Rascal chops.
  • I think the only thing more tiresome than moaning about the lack of next gen games is people leaving the forum and coming back a few days later.
  • Yeah Watchdogs is boring arse, Dark Souls is awesome.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    I think the only thing more tiresome than moaning about the lack of next gen games is people leaving the forum and coming back a few days later.

Oh darling did someone steal your Wrestlemania DVD?

(I'm only back for G Man's World Cup thread anyway, not to argue about controller light bars and external storage with you lot!)
    Rascal chops.
  • There's nothing worse than people enjoying games on consoles I don't own.
  • Mike wrote:
    I think the only thing more tiresome than moaning about the lack of next gen games is people leaving the forum and coming back a few days later.
    Oh darling did someone steal your Wrestlemania DVD? (I'm only back for G Man's World Cup thread anyway, not to argue about controller light bars and external storage with you lot!)

What are you doing in the Watchdogs thread then? 

What a rascal.
  • Mike wrote:
    I'm only back for G Man's World Cup thread anyway, not to argue about controller light bars and external storage with you lot!
    Good job. You tend to get overexcited and throw a strop when you do.
  • That's because I'm a naughty little rascal, JonB!  :)
    Rascal chops.
  • Despite my cynical rant yesterday I am interested to see if people enjoy it, because I'll consider trying out the Wii U version if it ends up getting the Deus Ex treatment.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Late port. I think the sales of Deus Ex and Need For Speed mean that it's out of the question, too many Wii U owners have access to a PC or other console.
  • Deus ex treatment?

Deus Ex Human Revolution got a fantastic Wii U port with gamepad integration. Seeing all the augs initialise via the gamepad screen during the rebuild intro segment was a wonderful touch.

It was basically the best directors cut version.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nice,  going to have to pick that up then :-)
  • Did they fix the shitty boss fights?
  • Sort of. Apparently they are improved, but they are still the weakest point of the game. I just looked up guides for those bits and moved on.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Fucking hell, a travesty.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    What you on? Those babies are having a fucking good time, its like the E has just dropped or summat. Probably a great game.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Maracas, hats, square boxes, its got it all.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I meant GodHand.  3?  Poxy half-baked pleb fodder.  I'll play that baby game though; 7.5 is quite a good score isn't it?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I think the 2.5 loss is due to the excretion mini-game.
  • IGN? Fuck, I genuinely havent intentionally visited that site since the Dreamcast was around.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!