Watch Dogs from Ubisoft
  • Next gen sandbox? Hacking you say? The one button hacks all mechanic was first done using a context sensitive button back in 1998's Ocarina of Time. Oh well.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Rust and DayZ have shown the way, others are emerging.  Not to say formal narrative-led experiences are completely shot, but there's a necessary shift a-comin' if they are to remain relevant.  I look at Day Z and see FUTOOOR
    I don't see that shift coming at all in the biggest budget games. I reckon they're doing exactly what they need to do to hit maximum sales, and that high production values + join the dots gameplay is what a lot of people want. But yeah, on the other hand the lower budget games have effectively been priced out of the cinematic approach, so maybe they have no choice but to try different things.
  • Has there ever been an open world game that completely satisfies? Different ones have peaked in various areas but I'm not sure if any have managed to bring everything together.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Girl with (dragon) tattoos who is good with computers - check Dodgy oriental with flamboyant suit - check Old man who is surprisingly dangerous - check Token black loose cannon weapons guy - check
    Neuromancer via The Matrix eh.

No this is http://www.wired.com/2014/05/darpa-is-using-oculus-rift-to-prep-for-cyberwar/ do:
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Many people are openly enjoying it though, derivative or not, that's a damn good thing. Fair play to Watch Dogs.
  • It was billed as something new and different though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Good stuff, its turned out its not really but its an open world game which allegedly opens up a great deal when you bang a fair few hours in. Something not being as it was originally intended isn't a first, is it?

I'm one for the negativity and stuff but jaysus. There's a bit in that Russian comparison video where he grinds the car against the wall in GTA5 and it leaves a mark, but it doesn't in Watchdogs. Do people really care about such things?

Driving mechanics are quite shoddy, first few hours are dull, then it opens up and is supposed to be great fun. Kudos.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    ZMM wrote:
    IGN review is out 1795298_327939473997734_2341805981628881350_o.png

Much bluster
                        Much hype

Much PR
                  Much review

Must play

WOW
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    IGN, cuhringe.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Good stuff, its turned out its not really but its an open world game which allegedly opens up a great deal when you bang a fair few hours in. Something not being as it was originally intended isn't a first, is it? I'm one for the negativity and stuff but jaysus. There's a bit in that Russian comparison video where he grinds the car against the wall in GTA5 and it leaves a mark, but it doesn't in Watchdogs. Do people really care about such things? Driving mechanics are quite shoddy, first few hours are dull, then it opens up and is supposed to be great fun. Kudos.

I'd rather play GTA5 though. The 360 version of Watchdogs is graphically horrid, not that any of these reviews will tell you that...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Good stuff, its turned out its not really but its an open world game which allegedly opens up a great deal when you bang a fair few hours in. Something not being as it was originally intended isn't a first, is it? I'm one for the negativity and stuff but jaysus. There's a bit in that Russian comparison video where he grinds the car against the wall in GTA5 and it leaves a mark, but it doesn't in Watchdogs. Do people really care about such things? Driving mechanics are quite shoddy, first few hours are dull, then it opens up and is supposed to be great fun. Kudos.
     I'd rather play GTA5 though. The 360 version of Watchdogs is graphically horrid, not that any of these reviews will tell you that...

Well yeah, but its like comparing a PS2 title to a PS1 title [/nottrollingnotatall]
  • That is a comparison video of Watchdogs to GTA4 which is like seven years old you do know this yeah???
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I do now!

It still seems fun though, so wahey.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This thing looks like Prototype 3 - The Bloodless One.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Bollockoff wrote:

Fucking hell that is shocking. God Hand reviewer(s) should be put on death row.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message

Looks pretty damn good, all in all.
  • [t's the box ticking. The Eurogamer review mentioned the map, and how full of 'stuff' it was after finishing the game. I hate this shit. Look on map, set waypoint to icon, follow blue line there, remove icon from map, repeat till in coma. This is essentially what's required in most of these open world games and many people seem to accept that this is a fun thing to be doing. 

Entertaining, thought provoking game mechanics are absent in so many games recently. It's a terrible state of affairs. So many developers seem unaware of this or are just reluctant to upset the apple cart.

Meh indeed...
    I'd love to blame publishers for sucking balls but go on some of the more mainstream chat sites and there are more posts praising Skyrim for having +100 hrs of the same shit to do and complaining that some games aren't worth full price because they take less than 20hrs to complete than there is praise for original ideas and complaints about box ticking.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Why is everything so derivative say people about a new IP.
  • Why is everything so derivative say people about a new IP.

It's not a new IP at all - it's a collection of old IPs with a new name/logo
  • Looks pretty damn good, all in all.

I agree , can't believe your the only one not moaning about it ! I'm getting it tonight , looking forward to it but I'm probably not allowed to say that
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    Why is everything so derivative say people about a new IP.
    It's not a new IP at all - it's a collection of old IPs with a new name/logo

This is the thing.

As much as I hate to admit it, part of the reason Oblivion did so well on 360 and established the Elder Scrolls name as mainstream from niche PC was because it got in early and console gamers hadn't had anything like it before.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    So reviews about how good/bad the game are aside, is there much difference between the XBone and PS4 versions? Frame rates are the same and there's an extra 120 lines on PS4 but are we seeing major pop-up in either or anything else?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Gots this on ps4s and it ain't as purdy as I thought it'd be. Nice lookin game but not ground zeros level of grafix awesome
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • I feel bad commenting in here, such is my constant negativity towards the whole thing - but I feel like this game in particular (through no real fault of it's own other than timing) embodies why I'm so bored/disillusioned with current games.
  • Seconded. This game is essentially GTA5 without the charm or character. I feel bad too, but the one button hacking gimmick is not enough to differentiate it from a much better game we were all playing six months ago.
  • And probably moaned about !
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Usually I'd be more jealous of others with newer consoles by now. Hmm.
  • Ive thoroughly enjoyed it so far. It is fun. Original...no. Technically impressive...no. But it is fun to play.

Whats wrong with a game providing that?!

Plus it has a giant mechanical robot spider mini game.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!