For Honor
  • Played a game with Nexx earlier. Twice we went a man up and were left 2v1, only for us to fight him one at a time and lose. They scraped a 3-2 win somehow when we could have won comfortably with a little less honour.

Next match I get dropped very quickly but instead of allowing Nexx to finish his 1v1, my opponent cuts him down from behind.

Scumbags. /spits

Epilogue - We fucked them up after that. Ain't nobody who disrespects like that.
  • This game has so many "xbox record that" moments.  My favourite couple of rounds from our games earlier Tiger:

As background, this is the second game Tiger and I played against these guys.  In the first game we fought honourably and didn't gang up 2vs1 despite having multiple chances to do so.  They didn't seem to have the same values...
  • Or wot tiger said
  • I don't always rely on Nexx, BTW...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Great stuff gents.
  • Hopefully a few more people buy this. It really is great. Forum 4v4 is a pipedream but would be glorious.

• Going to watch some Lawbringer tips. I'm winning fights with pokes, parries and environmental kills mostly. Need to actually learn some chains and follow ups.
  • This guy can be a bit annoying some times but he's good to learn from

• Mileage with this guy tends to vary here (I still think he's good) but Super Bunnyhop likes it, and RS:6 was his game of the year this year (yep)

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    Yeah I don't get why Ubisoft get such a hard time, they've really turned things around recently.  R6:S, The Division and this are all really unique, interesting games that have handled DLC really well.

Because they're a publisher, not a developer, so there's still a feeling of them taking half-decent games from talented teams and Winnering them.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Mileage with this guy tends to vary here (I still think he's good) but Super Bunnyhop likes it, and RS:6 was his game of the year this year (yep)

Was happy to see how positive he was about it. Finally had a full afternoon to play yesterday and had a blast 1v1ing folks. Added two rando's to the uPlay friends list and only encountered one toxic dickhead, not bad odds (the positives and negatives of being able to type in a match I guess). Still mostly Raidering but made the Shugoki switch after having a chat playing against a guy who had a fairly lethal one. Got a YT vid uploading of my fledgling efforts which I'll post later, haven't worked out the headbutt extra timing yet and missed out on the awesome life gaining back breaker so that's all still to come... Really like how you can rely on trades to do your damage, excellent mechanic (in a game full of em, despite what Scape might say ;) )

As for the current DLC, it's all cosmetic and the in game currency is handed out pretty liberally. It'll only be the really shiny upper end stuff that you'll need to drop dollar on, if that is your bag. 

Tempy, get this on PC, think you'll dig.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Nexx wrote:
    Yeah I don't get why Ubisoft get such a hard time, they've really turned things around recently.  R6:S, The Division and this are all really unique, interesting games that have handled DLC really well.

I reckon they can go good and bad in relatively quick time. Run of good games at the moment, but we're not that far removed from watch dogs, mixed bag far cry and whatever the fuck is happening with ass crud. Wildlands and this seem winners. Division as mentioned.

Could easily be all undone with the other franchises in the next year though.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Nexx wrote:
    This guy can be a bit annoying some times but he's good to learn from

Lol, I used to play Dark Souls PvP with him, his stream suddenly exploded with Mortal Kombat.

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Facewon wrote:

I reckon they can go good and bad in relatively quick time. Run of good games at the moment, but we're not that far removed from watch dogs, mixed bag far cry and whatever the fuck is happening with ass crud. Wildlands and this seem winners. Division as mentioned.

Watch Dogs really wasn't that bad. Had some neat ideas, I'm looking forward to trying 2.
  • Sorry about that Nexx - Connection dropped. Need to get back to work anyway.

I'm loving this game. Can see myself playing it for a while. Started to figure out some nice mix-ups and feints with the big Lawbringer overhead into shove. Coupling that with the over the shoulder drop and I'm finding him great to play with.

Will probably shift back to play as the Warden for a bit soon though. Haven't really clicked with anyone else. 

Will upload some clips sooner or later.
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Tempy, get this on PC, think you'll dig.

If I had the time I might
  • Certainly looks pretty. I don't think I'll buy it but I'm happy watching vids
  • No worries Tiger, was only on for a couple anyways.

I think I'm going to try and main Warlord for a little bit.  My Conqueror win ratio is insane but I can't help but feel that he's too easily countered by people that know what they're doing.  Warlord seems like he has a lot more tools in his arsenal to mix things up a bit more.
  • Yeah, good shout. Worth learning a few characters before ranked lands and awww yeah it gets real. Conqueror executions are brilliant though. Not a fan of the Warlord's... in fact, I think the Knights generally have the best ones.

I've been back and watching vids from earlier on in the thread. They make a lot more sense once you've played the game!
  • Excuse the occasional scrubbiness, but there are some nice moments here. These two rounds are from my first Duel that wasn't against Nexx.

I came back to win 3-2 in the end. 

The more I play the more fightman I see in it. It's weird adjusting to the 3d space (I never liked Tekken etc) but there are so many similarities. I'm only just feeling like I can remember enough of the controls to play in a more deliberate fashion.
  • I guess a clutch parry of an unstoppable into your own unstoppable for the kill is an ok way to end a fight :P
  • That bit did have me feeling the hype.
  • What do the war assets do and should I be using them?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Good stuff Tigro.

Get your Warlord out then Nexx, looking forward to it.
  • What do the war assets do and should I be using them?

You spend them on territories to attack or defend points for the War of the Factions thing.  If you don't specifically pick a place it just allocates them across everywhere, which is what I leave it to do.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Dammit. This is starting to interest me. Hadn't realised there was 1v1 and 2v2 stuff. Looks great. Poor Nexx though, his back must be broke from carrying you Tigro :P
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Would this appeal to a fightmans enthusiast? I've really not read or watched much of anything on it. I tend to blank Ubisoft...
  • That video review i posted touches on who prospective audiences are, and how Ubisoft have been good recently in some respects. A lot like EA years ago, they'll struggle to shake the negative presence they've built up.
  • I'll have you know I'm maintaining a 75% win rate despite not playing either alpha nor beta... 'cos I'm a pure killing engine. I mean, did you not recognise the 4 dodges in a row in that video? The extreme hype execution at the end? Gawdlike. I just sometimes like to let Nexx try and take 2 people on at once. He thrives under pressure.

The more I play the more fightman it feels, Haak. It's absolutely brilliant in 1v1 and 2v2. Testify! Hugely individual characters and playstyles, combos to learn, mind games, throw teching...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!