For Honor
  • I'm settling down to my first proper session:

Jij_iNaxFRJ6FyzgFWim2QXKsJW3-2hpBX9nrjiorkw.jpg?w=1024&s=7425a0ac735b719b689dfc577f7d9245
  • Fuck it, I'm buying this today.

You won't regret it!
  • There are too many desirable games coming out around this time, madness.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    Hope you all post awesome videos of you pwning people though.
    I occasionally hit them with my weapon too...

Are those other players? Surely they can't be that stupid lol.
  • i was curious about this game till i saw it was ubisoft and they've already laid a roadmap for the dlc.
  • Turns out there's damage to the line to my local exchange, hence all my internet issues recently. Hopefully will still get on tonight.
  • Smang wrote:
    i was curious about this game till i saw it was ubisoft and they've already laid a roadmap for the dlc.

You don't like free DLC?...

And yeah Haak, they were all players.  It was only the 2nd day that some of the characters have been playable so a lot of people still don't know what they can do.
  • If Ubisoft handle the DLC for this like they did R6:S then there's nothing but joy ahead
  • it was more ubisoft that put me off tbh, but i hope for nice things for you guys.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    Smang wrote:
    i was curious about this game till i saw it was ubisoft and they've already laid a roadmap for the dlc.
    You don't like free DLC?... And yeah Haak, they were all players.  It was only the 2nd day that some of the characters have been playable so a lot of people still don't know what they can do.

Ah okay, looks like fun though :)
  • Nexx wrote:
    Fuck it, I'm buying this today.
    You won't regret it!
    Game feels weird. Only played 4-5 games vs AI so far but it's... odd. Is there a stamina gauge? Should probably read the tips.
  • I do quite like it though. I imagine it just gets better and better as you learn how the systems work. And I like having lots of hats.
  • Yeah there is stamina, its below your health bar.

In the "How to Play" section in the menu there is an advanced tutorial and also video tutorial for all of the characters.  The advanced tutorial is worth doing as it will show you how to counter guard break, parry and fight multiple people at the same time.
  • Cheers. Was a bit bleary eyed when trying this out earlier.
  • Can't wait to go in on this tonight - Not sure what time it'll be. Possibly 10pm.
  • What faction do we support, guys!?!?
  • Knights obviously. I should be home by 10.
  • Had another little play and really liked what I saw. Buttons are confusing me a lot though - I keep reverting to Dark Souls mode when I want to do a fierce attack and let go of left trigger...

Bought a luxury item box. The items weren't great, but I assume you build currency at a decent rate in this? 

Not sure my decrepit hands will help me get the most out of this, but it's the best melee simulator I've ever seen, for sure.
  • This has micro transactions?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You can buy assist characters who charge in to keep combos going.

_68176289_the-black-adder.jpg
  • I'll be on around 10:30
  • Nexx wrote:
    Knights obviously. I should be home by 10.

Are their bxrs poppin?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • This is really fucking fun.

Moment of the night - We're playing 4v4. Nexx is desperately fending off 3 at once, but gradually being whittled down. I steam in with my halberd, impale one and push him out of the fight. He retaliates but i parry and kill him. I turn around, run back into the mixer, impale another and push him out of the fight. Nexx kills the one he's still fighting and just as I'm about to be dropped by the second chap I impale, charges in and saves me.

Absolutely amazing. I'm garbage at the moment - not having touched the betas at all -  but there were still some awesome moments (parrying that unblockable overhead from the kensai /bitesfist) to be proud of.

Can't wait to play more.

(Also, I don't want to play Nexx 1v1 again.... jesus that was painful)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That kensei overhead is the most telegraphed attack in any game ever, but even though I knew it was coming, waiting and hoping for it even, I'd still fuck up the timing of it more often than not.

Nexx 1v1 is one of the reasons I didn't buy it! Scratching around with the other babies in the beta was fun but once people get their characters down I'd be left behind.

I'm glad people are enjoying it though as it's clearly a great game, feels fresh and every fight gets your heart racing.
  • This is really fucking fun. Moment of the night - We're playing 4v4. Nexx is desperately fending off 3 at once, but gradually being whittled down. I steam in with my halberd, impale one and push him out of the fight. He retaliates but i parry and kill him. I turn around, run back into the mixer, impale another and push him out of the fight. Nexx kills the one he's still fighting and just as I'm about to be dropped by the second chap I impale, charges in and saves me. Absolutely amazing.

Yeah that was great.  This and the victory against the two emoting prats were my highlights of the night.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ooh it has emotes? I'm IN!
  • Tempy wrote:
    If Ubisoft handle the DLC for this like they did R6:S then there's nothing but joy ahead

Agreed - Siege did DLC pretty much perfectly.
  • Yeah I don't get why Ubisoft get such a hard time, they've really turned things around recently.  R6:S, The Division and this are all really unique, interesting games that have handled DLC really well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!