theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    We think it's 8. We had 5 or 6 in the same session last night.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    We think it's 8. We had 5 or 6 in the same session last night.
    alright good news, thankyou.I just got gold so Im going to try get a full room on the go.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • BTW - one thing I found handy when exploring underground was to have a torch "breadcrumb" strategy, so that your placement of torches not only lights the area but also points back towards the exit/safety.

The method I use is to always place torches on left hand side walls (so to head home, keep torches on your right) and at steps place torches on front faces of blocks if you need to jump up them to get back home, or on the top of blocks (so they stand vertical on the block) if you need to drop down to get back home. 
    Switching the steps thing round might be easier as it's easier to place em vertical while dropping down steps while heading out and place em on front face of the step in front of you while climbing up some steps - saves you having to keep turning round.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Mod dug up my drive way, bloody gypsy.  Tomorrow I'll link up the mini castle to Badger lodge so the mines are connected. Pretty sure we should have enough materials now to kickstart Mods rail infrastructure, and maybe make.....BEAR FORTRESS??
    Mod had stumbled into Nexx's secret attempt to dig to the centre of the earth, found a new cavern then got panicky when he couldn't find a way out. So just dug straight up. When I saw a username on the screen I dug toward that. I've made a railway out to a resort island, but it doesn't move as I need gold to power it.

GYPSY!

I'll explore the mine under the castle for Gold later and throw it all your way.
  • The only thing stopping me turning this on is the lack of a perpetual community map, the hours I play are not usually that convenient so it buggers it up for me.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    461695_10150936846554188_543894187_12081573_889626149_o.jpg
  • I don't get Minecraft but for some reason I still spent 2 hours last night building a stairway into the sky...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    461695_10150936846554188_543894187_12081573_889626149_o.jpg

I think my wolf died. Sad times.

• The last torch isn't in line with the others, that would drive me nuts!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Your wolf attacked me and killed Paul. You're lucky we didn't feed it to a creeper.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Your wolf attacked me and killed Paul. You're lucky we didn't feed it to a creeper.

At least he remembered his training before his demise.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Creepers hate cats now don't they? Will have to get some cat defence pens setup when they get this beta client up to speed.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Apparently the next patch is to bring it up to beta 1.7.3. As far as I can tell this just added pistons, as well as a bunch of bug fixes.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    And 5 hours later Curtis and I completed our expeditions to the centre of the earth, returning with untold riches in all colours of the rainbow. Redstone, Iron, Gold and Diamonds galore. We uncovered deep caverns and incredible underground waterfalls, rivers of lava and walls of pure glittering gold. We fought zombies and skeletons and survived with battle scars and stories to tell. It's now 2am and I am off to dream in low res textured blocks. Goodnight one and all!

Can't thank you enough! I'd spent all day building 'up', and not spent anytime digging for the good stuff. Those underground tunnels were so convoluted i'm surprised we made it back up at all. Snuffing out the dud candles, and blocking up unwanted entrances made back & forth so much easier. I also moved my valuables into a 3rd chest, in that secret location i mentioned, just incase.  ;)

I think today i'm going to work on the aesthetcis of the outside of my fortress. As impressive as it is, it still looks like a huge box. lol!
  • Started a little riverside lodge / boathouse in Pea's badger world as my first real minecraft project. I welcome advise/criticism.

Also whilst monging around in the mines I stumbled across some Redstone but my attempts to mine it just resulted in the block being smashed and nothing coming out of it. Am I doing it wrong or does it just have a low yield?
    Xbox/PS3/Wii U: Enragedwhale
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    You'll be needing an iron pick James. Same as for diamonds.
  • Ah I was using a stone pick. Cheers
    Xbox/PS3/Wii U: Enragedwhale
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Apparently the next patch is to bring it up to beta 1.7.3. As far as I can tell this just added pistons, as well as a bunch of bug fixes.

Pistons are great fun :D I'll be able to make my glorious TNT launcher. Me and my brother made a castle each with TNT launchers on top and had a brilliant battle just shooting the shit out of each other.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Mod, I demand you sort out the giant fucking cave of death you made an entrance to in my world last night, can't even go near the place without being ambushed by an army of green weirdos.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Spending far too much time on this.Spent a whole night riding around on a pig,avoiding zombies and trees like a pro.Didnt think I would ever say that about a game before!

Did a few dungeons solo and they werent that bad really.Got a fair few decent items.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • You can ride pigs? How?!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    You can ride pigs? How?!
    get a saddle(found in chests in dungeons only)hold it in ur hand the press LT on the pig,and your see the saddle on him then press LT near him....job done
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Buy em a few drinks usually.
  • RetroGam3r wrote:
    You can ride pigs? How?!
    get a saddle(found in chests in dungeons only)hold it in ur hand the press LT on the pig,and your see the saddle on him then press LT near him....job done

How did I not know this? I will go hunting for a saddle tonight
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'm still not entirely convinced of the merits of the 360 version over playing it on the iMac, but I think Elmlea and I will be getting this tonight. Only issue is I don't currently have a gold account so not sure if I can play online through Elm's games. Might have to just upgrade to gold.
  • @ rick
    I'd like to apologise for last nights semi destruction of your wall ( if you look the new brick work is pissed and a different colour ) . A creeper decided to kill me and blow up part of your wall
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • RetroGam3r wrote:
    You can ride pigs? How?!
    How did I not know this? I will go hunting for a saddle tonight

You can do this on the PC/Mac versions too.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'm still not entirely convinced of the merits of the 360 version over playing it on the iMac, but I think Elmlea and I will be getting this tonight. Only issue is I don't currently have a gold account so not sure if I can play online through Elm's games. Might have to just upgrade to gold.

The instructions encourage you to just grab another controller for split screen. I'm assuming then that it works like Gears/Halo without the second player needing Live and Elmlea and Elmlea2 as usernames.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I'm still not entirely convinced of the merits of the 360 version over playing it on the iMac, but I think Elmlea and I will be getting this tonight. Only issue is I don't currently have a gold account so not sure if I can play online through Elm's games. Might have to just upgrade to gold.
    The instructions encourage you to just grab another controller for split screen. I'm assuming then that it works like Gears/Halo without the second player needing Live and Elmlea and Elmlea2 as usernames.

Ah yes, good point. Thanks. Might have to look into just getting a gold account instead.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Managed to get my 5yr old nephew on as a isanbard2 account this evening Sublime. It works fine but seems a bit clunky as you have to create a all new profile. The sprout has one already on the 'Box (without Live) but that wasn't possible to register oddly. He did then run to the other side of the room and dropped the controller mind when he realised that he'd legged it away and didn't know where he was. Night drawing in… beasties inbound.. Eeek!

Bugger knows where he got to but after I rescued the controller I found a pretty funky natural lava creation.. then the zombies and skeletons took their toll. He may never be the same again… excellent. Heheh

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!