Minecraft - Xbox 360 Edition
  • Damn you guys, you just had to go and keep on posting about this! I gave in and got it, still not sure exactly why. Guess it feels like i'm missing out on all the new creations.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    561186_101265803345149_100003851884660_5653_289831499_n.jpgFrantic chillaxing with a book in my new indoor pool.
    564963_101242036680859_100003851884660_5591_307488076_n.jpgThe view of Castle Pea and the oppressive Tower of Nexx at sunrise.562208_101206920017704_100003851884660_5416_1794284969_n.jpgView from my roof at night. Magical.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Awesome.

After a lovely sunny hike across the hills me and Sparkly found sugar cane, so book cases and cake are go.

Mod, I rode your track both ways and it was 637ish, so you're nearly there.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Just thought I'd drop in before I pass out this evening. Good to see you gents.
     Wandered off from the B&B planted and some more sugar cane as I passed, died a few times as it was night when I spawned and then came across a zombie spawner. Bonanza!! Am building a tower of monolithic proportions above it in preparation for some exp grinding. Booya! Will sell tickets to the show if the adventure update actually drops. Heheh

It's like crack I tells thee...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Mod, I rode your track both ways and it was 637ish, so you're nearly there.

I'm 3/5th of the way there :(

best get digging.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I have iron for you.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll jump on project railway now my abode is just about finished. Iron is closer to the surface isn't it? I fancy more exploration/spelunking. I need to make a map first though.
  • Ok, twice now this fucker has crashed when I've acessed the inventory screen
  • ...and again on the crafting screen. This is bullshit
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    553623_101533199985076_100003851884660_7854_1741848006_n.jpgHere's Frantic working on his new palace in the dark. The creepers got to him in the end. In the background is my digs and Mod's railway, to the right is Rick's... thing.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've never fully understood Nether portals, but I made one in my palace's secret lair and when I exited the Nether I ended up coming out of the Bear Lodge portal!!
  • That place looks impressive. I'm living in a cave that has a conservatory. It looks gash.

How might one visit badger world?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just add me and join when I'm online. Usually after 9pm.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Any plans to throw it up before then?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I can put it on this afternoon if u like, but won't be able to save it that often. Just let me know.
  • I'm going to join in this. Never played MC so be gentle on me.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Dig, dig, dig. Build, build, build. Don't get attached to anything you own. You'll be fine.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You haven't been fully inducted into Minecraft until you spend half an hour repairing somebody's house you detonated a creeper near.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Spent most of today building an underwater house, time really does fly when you're playing, managed to stop restarting all the time thanks to seed 1987.
    I now have a pet which I've accidently thrashed a few times but he doesn't seem to mind.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    543307_101918259946570_100003851884660_9987_2096464367_n.jpg
    Some daylight shots for a change. Frantic working on his palace, notice the water feature. Posh git.
    524308_101918766613186_100003851884660_9993_367699199_n.jpg
    The front of the palace, with N0Face's house/burger bar in the background.
  • I was going for more blacksmith/forge than fast food outlet.

I enjoyed playing tonight, I managed to build something so feel quite satisfied.
  • How do you build all of this cool stuff? I'm spending most of my time evading monsters. And why do zombies keep appearing in my house at night when I try and sleep?
  • How do you build all of this cool stuff? I'm spending most of my time evading monsters. And why do zombies keep appearing in my house at night when I try and sleep?

Is your house well lit?  If not, they'll spawn in any shadow, so make sure you don't have a dark closet in there or something.  If it's nice and bright, make sure you have an "air gap" of one cube between your bed and every exterior wall, as there was a bug.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Mod, this iron is burning a hole in my pixelated pocket...

Got quite a lot done last night, the sand palace will hopefully be completed tonight after I go set up a sand collection facility somewhere far away. 

Anyone fancy exploring the abyss that I uncovered?
  • Cheeky request, i'm home today... any chance of leaving your xbox on?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    How do you build all of this cool stuff? I'm spending most of my time evading monsters. And why do zombies keep appearing in my house at night when I try and sleep?
    Is your house well lit?  If not, they'll spawn in any shadow, so make sure you don't have a dark closet in there or something.  If it's nice and bright, make sure you have an "air gap" of one cube between your bed and every exterior wall, as there was a bug.

It seemed to be well built. It had a roof and everything! It wasn't very big, just enough for a bed and a crafting table. and I had a couple of torches inside and also on the outside walls so I could see it from a distance if it got suddenly dark. I also enclosed the whole thing with a fence (no gaps) and the fekkers still got in. 

I seem to have rectified things by building it from stone, but I can't imagine how you guys can build stuff like the images above while still fending off creatures. I might knock the difficulty back to 'peaceful' and use one of these seed codes. Any suggestions?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Cheeky request, i'm home today... any chance of leaving your xbox on?

I would, but I'm at work.

@voodoo

Just build the perimeter first, then nowt can get in or spawn if it's well lit. Put loads of torches outside so nothing spawns close. You get used to it.

I've built my latest creation completely ignoring this, and have had 2 serious creeper incidents. It's all part of the fun.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Was tootling around exploring my own little world and after finding some interesting looking landmasses I was accosted by a gang of skeletons and zombies. 

Tried getting back but it took too long so that's the end of that diamond sword. Piss it. Now have to go deep down to the depths again to go find me some more sparkly gems. On the plus side the kids extension is now looking much better.
  • @heavy Voodoo, Also just sleep or mine when it's dark until you've got a big enough area walled in and lit. If you build a perimeter wall 4 high with an overhanging block on the outside and torches on top it'll stop all the monsters getting in then just make sure everything is lit on the inside and you should be good. Part of the reason big things are getting built on Frantics server is that loads of people are chipping in.

• For those wondering what minecraft is about I always liked this trailer.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!