The Walking Dead - A videogame by Monkey Island and Gary "I wrote the script for Akira" Whitta
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Episode 2 'Starved for Help' certainly starts off well but it has made me wish I could hang on for all 5 episodes. You feel a bit disjointed when you start this after such a long break from the last episode and even the 'previously on' trailer at the start (which recaps your choices in a TV style trailer), which although fantastic, doesn't really do enough to hook you straight back in...
  • I've just played through Episode 1, and it was absolutely brilliant.  I thought more choices would matter though, all the little bits saying "so and so noticed that" or "so and so will remember that" didn't seem to have much effect.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, I'd love to see a video with the opposite of my choices in there!

Lastly, I listened to a podcast talking about this (Joypod) which said that the scene that gets to everyone in this episode can be summed up on one word; 
    Spoiler:
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Should I get this now?  I could probably play this for a couple hour a night (until I sell my 3 kids).  I don't fancy a long wait between episodes.  I'm quite tempted but have no experience of the comic or tv series.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • A couple of hours will finish an episode, so you might be best waiting if you don't want big gaps.
  • Elm, your choices will knock on throughout so although they may not have had an impact now, they probably will later.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Just finished Episode 2.

The story is still good but tbh this needed more work, it's glitchy which breaks the immersion and this episodes thing just isn't working for me, I'd rather TTG just released it, glitch-free, as one whole game.

Here are my stats for Episode 2.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • You're making me think I should wait till they all come out, at this rate, we won't get to the last episode till next year.

Ideally they should have finished it as a whole and scheduled the episodes regularly. Fortnightly would have worked so the previous episode would have been relatively fresh.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    Ideally they should have finished it as a whole and scheduled the episodes regularly. Fortnightly would have worked so the previous episode would have been relatively fresh.

I fully agree. Finished this last night in one sitting, glitches aside I loved it & now I am suffering withdrawal & not knowing when TWD dealer is gonna be on the estate, banging out the next bit of crack.

Pretty much the same choices as moto 'cept choice 4. I went 2/2, pricks.

• Just finished it myself, absolutely incredible. People talk about having proper characters in games, realistic actions etc, well here they are. Brilliant.

The lightening effects in the farm house at the end with the mother were amazing, I spotted what was there and was just loving every moment of the build up.

I didn't make the same choice as @Moto70 or @cindemon for the third one though, what was the difference for you guys?

In mine:
    Spoiler:
  • I'm about halfway through this and it really is brilliant. The wait between eisodes is just going to be even worse.

I'm just about to:
    Spoiler:
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I found this episode a lot more tense than I did the first one, I was nervous going into a lot of situations. Like the one above.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    @MattyJ: What happened in your scenario?

In mine...
    Spoiler:

I'm starting to worry about how Clementime is reacting to the choices I am making.

Also thinking about the choices people are making and presuming that they are playing it the same way that I am, ie how I think I would react irl, does it not seem strange that an overwhelming percentage of people are...
    Spoiler:

Did everybody forget what this Episdoe was about? It was about hunger...
  • Moto70 wrote:
    @MattyJ: What happened in your scenario?

In mine...
    Spoiler:

in mine:
    Spoiler:
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • I can't wait to finish this episode just so that I can click these bloody spoilers...
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I can't wait to finish this episode just so that I can click these bloody spoilers...

Heh likewise. May ditch the footy...

• For fucks sake, just put the game on and it has somehow wiped my save. I selected chapter 2 and continue episode and it just took me to the beginning of the first chapter. It has wiped all my choices and everything. Fucking bullshit.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Dude that sucks :-( :-(
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think I chose continue before episode select though. Dud you choose the relevant save game at done point? PC?
  • Yeah, I think the problem was that the game momentarily didn't recognise that I had the second episode. So when I went to continue it, it spased out. So bloody annoying.

Although I'm going to view this as a blessing in disguise and wait until they are all released before playing it through. Those spoilers on here are going to do my head in.
  • I WANNA CHAT ABOUT MY ACTIONS, BUT ALAS IM NOT FORUM SAVY ENOUGH TO DO SPOILERS, PLS HALP!

ALSO IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA AS TO WHY MY PHONE LOCKS TO CAPS I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm not a fan of double threads but I would welcome a thread where we can chat about our experiences so far with having to redact everything!
  • cindemon wrote:
    I WANNA CHAT ABOUT MY ACTIONS, BUT ALAS IM NOT FORUM SAVY ENOUGH TO DO SPOILERS, PLS HALP!

ALSO IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA AS TO WHY MY PHONE LOCKS TO CAPS I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT.

There is a spoiler button, on my phone it's at the end of the row and is a question mark in a box. What phone have you got? On iPhone if you hit shift twice it puts caps lock on.
  • I HAVE A HTC ONE X. ITS NOT ALL THE TIME I VISIT HERE, BUTS ITS HAPPENING MORE OFTEN(LIKE NOW). HOLDING THE SHIFT BUTTON LOCKS TO CAPS ON THIS PHONE, IT WONT EVEN LET ME DO THAT NOW.

ITS NO BIGGIE, JUST DONT LIKE LOOKING LIKE IM SHOUTING.
  • The dread avatar isn't helping you there.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    haha!
  • n0face wrote:
    The dread avatar isn't helping you there.

Hehe, true....

...but spelling a Judges name wrong GETS YOU 20 YEARS IN THE CUBES CITIZEN!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    google wrote:
    I'm not a Walking Dead fan... But on Saturday night (while the lady was out) I remembered that the videogame was a thing and was available for 400 points. It really is very good.... It's a very self contained story with a number of different chapters that can be replayed a few different ways... It's good. I urge you to check it out. 

Did we play the same game? o_0

To sum up my ramblings elsewhere, I found the start amusing, but then combat was introduced... Not unexpectedly, but rather clumsily. And from there on in, the rather talented writing staff were held to ransom by a team of crap game designers.

At least that's what I thought. It is, however, for us badgers, worth a look though.
    But I wouldn't expect much from it.

Has it improved with successive episodes?

Edit - Reading around, it obviously has, but then, I'm always comparing games like this to Grim Fandango, for better or worse...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I didn't think that Ep2 was necessarily any better or worse than Ep1, though I will say that the opening scene of Ep2 was a beauty I thought.

It certainly doesn't hold up to being compared to any point'n'click let alone one of the best in the genre but for people brought up mainly on consoles it is different enough to be worth a try. I am enjoying it apart front little glitches in the animation that really are quite immersive breaking at times...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!