The Walking Dead - A videogame by Monkey Island and Gary "I wrote the script for Akira" Whitta
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    @Moto70
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Duck and Clem had some amazing lines this Ep. 
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm already jealous of those people that will get to play all 5 episodes in one sitting with no previous knowledge of what occurs...
  • @Moto: Yes i did. It was just after i got it.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    @Moto: Yes i did. It was just after i got it.
    I can see what how this game is working now, it's definitely smoke and mirrors but it works so well. I think this is why I'm going to stick with just the one playthrough.

A good example of this is what we have both mentioned...
    Spoiler:

I would like to see a flow chart of the choices and inevitable conclusion, I'm starting to think that there isn't that many different scenarios after all.
  • Yeah, the choices have very similar (or exactly the same) eventual outcome but how you handle it is where the difference is apparent.

I mainly noticed it in act 2 at on point. Cant spoiler on phone so lets just say it involved a salt lick. Whether you helped or not didnt change the outcome, but it did change the characters reactions.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I didn't do the deed but I agreed with it and the character that survived absolutely loathed me and the person that carried it out.

I have tried to make my decisions based on what I would do if I was in that situation myself. Also regarding the supplies that were going missing I did guess at the right character as they confirmed it to me later in the game.
  • That bit in episode 2 where you
    Spoiler:
    got me thinking like the character particularly well.  When it popped up, after the initial "oh god, what choice do I make", I was all
    Spoiler:
    On seeing my choice played out, I immediately regretted it, though.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    There's a lot of choices where after the event I've not been sure whether I made the right decision, like you say at the time it seems justified. I'm so glad they included the timer along the bottom for your choices, has anybody here let the timer run down? I'm curious as to what happens...
  • I think I did once and it gave a third outcome.  Of course, there's always the chance I may be thinking of Heavy Rain or something.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm not sure why there has been such a focus on Lee being a convicted murderer, I'm wondering if something will come of this at the end.

Also Lee and Clementine are such strong characters it would be a shame to hear no more from them once we complete Episode 5, I am hoping that Telltale go for a second 'series' with this and the icing on the cake would be seeing a guest appearance in the actual series from these characters...
  • Who's playing this on iOS? Due to the paucity of Xbox time I get, I'm considering re-buying it all for the iPad.
  • My only worry about this game is that they may kill off Clementine. That would completely destroy me. It struck me during episode three just how much I love the characters, especially Clementine. I find nearly all my choices are based around her. Like choosing not to do something because it is in front of Clem.

I also love this game as it has genuinly got the interest of my fiance (a firm non-gamer). She will sit down and watch me play, giving her ideas on choices etc. She was also really creeped out by the ending of episode three.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I could have written that word for word...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    The Walking Dead - The Music

This is a YouTube page but you can always convert it to MP3's as I'm doing now!
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I can see what how this game is working now, it's definitely smoke and mirrors but it works so well. I think this is why I'm going to stick with just the one playthrough. A good example of this is what we have both mentioned...
    Spoiler:
    I would like to see a flow chart of the choices and inevitable conclusion, I'm starting to think that there isn't that many different scenarios after all.

To be fair to telltale that's the only way it could have worked, otherwise episode 5 would take about 2 years to write and develop due to the branching story, yet still be only 2 hours long.  As long as it leads to multiple endings that's fine, as I reckon I'd like to play it again, possibly playing Lee as a ruthless survivalist. (although I reckon I'd keep my first game in case a 2nd season comes round)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Given the success of this 'series' I'd say a second installment would be inevitable.
  • Yeah I completely agree, Telltale have done a fantastic job and the choices are still very well done. I would rather have it this way then have to wait for ages for the last episode!
  • Finished this the other day & still loving it.

For me it played out as follows...

Choice 1
    Spoiler:
    Choice 2
    Spoiler:
    Choice 3
    Spoiler:
    Choice 4
    Spoiler:
    Choice 5
    Spoiler:

I have been honest with lil' Clem all the way & most of the group no my shaddy past(though tbh, I wouldnt of told them in real life, so I kinda of fecked that one ref real life situations, but the hottie wanted me to confess...).
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I can see what how this game is working now, it's definitely smoke and mirrors but it works so well. I think this is why I'm going to stick with just the one playthrough. A good example of this is what we have both mentioned...
    Spoiler:

On Lilly
    Spoiler:
  • @Frosty: That's pretty cool.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I might need a quick re-run through my comics 'cause I've forgot a lot of the story, I don't even remember Lilly being in the comics!
  • I thought it was a different set of characters, like the TV series...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    AJ_ wrote:
    I thought it was a different set of characters, like the TV series...
    There are some differences but a lot of the characters from the TV series do feature in the comics...
  • It's set in the same universe as the comics, just focuses on different characters.
    Moto70 wrote:
    I might need a quick re-run through my comics 'cause I've forgot a lot of the story, I don't even remember Lilly being in the comics!
    Big spoiler so nobody read unless you've read the comics or don't plan to.
    Spoiler:
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Ah right, I've actually lent all mine to a mate so I'll get them back soonish and order the latest ones (I think I'm about 2 copies behind)...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    this is on psn now for all of us behind.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Boom, finally done this ep!

Jesus it was epic. Lots of crazy shit going down, tough decisions to make. Here's my outcomes:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bastard, I was hoping for Ep4!!!

Best episode yet though I thought, what about you MattyJ?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!