The Walking Dead - A videogame by Monkey Island and Gary "I wrote the script for Akira" Whitta
  • ha ha!
    www.prankster101.com
  • What's the season pass all about?  Assuming it saves money, can you do it on consoles?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    What's the season pass all about?  Assuming it saves money, can you do it on consoles?

It's not available for the consoles as far as I'm aware. It is however the same price regardless. $24.99 or 5 x 400 points.
  • yes, you can.  the season pass grants you access to each and every episode once it's released.  it's like a glorified pre-order for each episode, paid upfront.  there aren't any cost savings as such, bar some dlc wallpaper (ps3 version), but i just wanted to support the developer.  hopefully the other episodes will be just as strong, if not more so, than the first episode we got.

roll on episode 2.
    www.prankster101.com
  • Ah ok.  Perhaps it's PS3/PC only.  If you don't save any money I'll buy each episode individually then.  Just in case it starts to get shit or the developer goes bust.
  • i had no "choice" unfortunately.  i had a load of ps3 psn points i wanted to get rid of.
    www.prankster101.com
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hm, never read any of the comics (too expensive to get them all) and never seen the tv show (Bas really doesn't like zombies, and I'd rather watch something we both like), but am quite curious about this, specially with all the Heavy Rain references (which I loved). Am I missing out by not knowing anything, or is it still as enjoyable?
  • Nina wrote:
    Hm, never read any of the comics (too expensive to get them all) and never seen the tv show (Bas really doesn't like zombies, and I'd rather watch something we both like), but am quite curious about this, specially with all the Heavy Rain references (which I loved). Am I missing out by not knowing anything, or is it still as enjoyable?

As I said, I've only watched the first few episodes so I've only got limited knowledge, and the first season of the TV show basically mirrors the film 28 days later.

Anyway, the game riffs off stuff from the comics but never directly references the TV show or books. You can blind and have fun for sure.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    i had no "choice" unfortunately.  i had a load of ps3 psn points i wanted to get rid of.

When did PSN move to a points system then?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    i had no "choice" unfortunately.  i had a load of ps3 psn points i wanted to get rid of.
    When did PSN move to a points system then?

i think he means the pre paid card things with the codes on to top up your wallet.

anyway yes on ps3 you can get a season pass and it saves you the price of an episode and also gifts you a free dynamic theme.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    google wrote:
    I think I'm just bitter about the game as a whole. It fucked up so many times that by the end I just didnt have a care about anything to do with the characters. Maybe If I played without the expectation again I would enjoy it more?[/quote]

im not sure.
    it does'nt get as silly as farenheight/indigo prophecy thats for sure.
    but if you play AS the charecters and stick by your decisions then it can feel like more of an emotional involvment.
    if you'v played thru before though and not enjoyed it then its pointless to try again though.

cheers for the info and link for the podcasts dean ...il be checking them regular now.

• Starting this with the missus tonight.  It'll be nice to play something together for once (with one or two exceptions she's a resolute non-gamer, not counting coloured gem shuffling stuff), and also nice to play something that isn't Trials.
  • Finally got around to downloading this and trying it out. I loved it and brought it straight away. The control system was simple and easy to use and the game grabbed me instantly. Looking forward to going through it.
    I may even try and persuade the fiance to join in...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Starting playing this last night, didn't finish it though as I started late. Really good though, despite some glitchiness. I've had characters mouth but not speak, and someone say something to me but the response not pop up. Still, it is good and I'm glad it's just 'point & click' rather than having to fight zombies with full controls.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Or maybe I won't finish it, as the fucking saved game doesn't seem to want to transfer. Moved it from one 360 HDD to the other and on the second box it isn't detected. Move it back to the first box and it works. FFS.
  • Done! Was good man. Larry is a cunt. I chose:
    Spoiler:
    Episode 2 looks amazing.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    too many games and other distractions to be getting on with...
    Hard to find time to game when you're running a multimedia empire. Murdoch tweeted much the same thing the other day.
    I see other parallels.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Started this properly tonight, did about twenty minutes with the fiance watching and absolutely loved it.
    The highlight being the fiance spotting something towards the back of the screen and getting really freaked out by it, when I finally noticed it it was very creepy!
    Can't wait to carry on with it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I got this for my 360 on launch day an finished I that weekend, I can safely say that I will be buying them all but I think I'm going to wait and get the whole 'series' on my iPad...
  • Just finished episode 1 tonight. Really blown away by it to be honest, massive fan of the comics and they really nailed the atmosphere/banter that you get in them. Lee and Clementine as a main duo are fantastic too. 

Just a shame it freaked my Mrs out too much for her to watch while I played. She's a massive Point and Click fan but has a frail mind when it comes to horror. Oh well, her loss.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Walking Dead - Episode 1 Shifts Over 1,000,000 Copies

Dan Connors @ Telltale Games:
    “Premiering The Walking Dead game series to record numbers across so many diverse platforms is a tremendous achievement that shows the value of bringing strong storytelling and game play together. The tailored narrative design puts gamers in control of their own story within the universe of The Walking Dead in a way that appeals equally to hardcore gamers and to more casual gamers who are fans of the franchise.  The most exciting aspect of getting off to such a great start is that this is just the beginning of the five episode series. The Walking Dead fans are going to experience some really great moments in the months ahead that are uniquely influenced by the choices they make throughout the season.”
  • Started this properly tonight, did about twenty minutes with the fiance watching and absolutely loved it. The highlight being the fiance spotting something towards the back of the screen and getting really freaked out by it, when I finally noticed it it was very creepy! Can't wait to carry on with it.

What was that then?
  • Right at the beginning when you are sat down in the forest. I was sitting there getting stressed because I couldn't move and she just suddenly went-'Did you see that over there?!!!'

My spoiler button isn't working so I won't say what it was but it was the way she pointed it out.

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I wanna know what it was!!!
  • Hang on, now its being built up too much! It will only be a disappoint and make me look like a little girl for being scared...
  • When is Ep 2 out?
    www.prankster101.com
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    When is Ep 2 out?

tuesday and wednesday this week.
    (360 and ps3).

i keep winding my gf up.
    me: "guess what i just downloaded for ya".
    gf: "walking dead2, give me the pad".
    me: only joking hunny its not till wednesday".
    gf: "cunt etc etc".

• daviedigi wrote:
    When is Ep 2 out?
    tuesday and wednesday this week. (360 and ps3). i keep winding my gf up. me: "guess what i just downloaded for ya". gf: "walking dead2, give me the pad". me: only joking hunny its not till wednesday". gf: "cunt etc etc".
    i thought girls didn't like the C word...
    www.prankster101.com
  • You're thinking of chlamydia.
  • Carried on with this today, had the first major choice (and it was a horrible one to choose) followed by one very intense conversation moment!

I am absolutely loving this.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!