Destiny Is Problematic - Let's Make It Better
  • g.man wrote:
    You're playing Destiny alone?

I am too, I don't think anyone else on my friends list has it.
  • #pray4revelmoe
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What format you on, Moe? This place will populate your friends list very quickly indeed.
  • Funny you've nobody from here on your list Moe? What gives? You've been around these parts a while now aintcha?

Aintree???

Sorry, pissed.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    @rev

I'll consider doing the VoG with you if you promise not to mention anything you've said in this thread.

ill do the vault of glass with you if you promise to do your Nicolas cage impression again.

I didn't know about this nice cage impression, feel iv missed out now.

I'm always willing to help on vog etc.
  • I'm on Xbone. Funnily enough I think I've got Chalice on my friends list.
  • Add all of us! Immediately if not sooner.
  • I'll get adding. My Gamertag is SMTurnbull
  • ah, so that's who you are!
    I think you are on my list.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yeah I've got Moe. Always wondered if he was forum calibre. He's awesome.
  • So another nightfall has been and gone for me.

The good: burns make different enemies tricky/easier.

There's always a room/section that is particularly tricky that probably can be cheesed, but generally isn't. It's just a good solid challenge with a party of 2-3.

Nexus probably has 2 spots, depending on burns, first room with servitors, and/or minatours before the nexus. Summoning pits has the three stage wait for dinklage.

These are the best bits of the nightfall for me. They lack the specific teamwork of vog, but there's different ways to do them, and you're not necessarily hiding in a corner with icebreaker.

BUT. Every single boss in nightfall is basically an invitation to cheese. The threat of boot to orbit is too much, and, on things like phogoth with arc, fuck a wizard, I'm staying in the entrance.

Definitely needs to be a rebalance of the difficulty and risk/reward so that every boss battle isn't cheese.

Thoughts?

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Agreed. Nightfalls are just battles of attrition. I mentioned earlier in the destiny thread that there low level missions on heroic difficulty were a lot more fun, with limited weapons and weaker supers you have to pick you moments carefully. 

The wiping to orbit fail just encourages cagey play. I would prefer insta fail if someone dies but with checkpoints. Maybe introduce more modifiers like no snipers, shotguns only, hand cannon and grenades only etc. 

Splash damage from some bosses needs adjusting as it's just too random.
  • Not fussed about nightfalls anymore really, the modifiers kept things interesting for a while but I got bored of those missions ages ago. I only do them if others want to and I'm happy to help because the combats good, but yea, done.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Just get rid of the cheese, I say.

Love the bosses but wish the game would force me to engage them in the way I'm intended to.

Nightfalls are too easy without fighting the boss proper. They've become a formality - can crank out 3 in an hour easy.

Edit: Still my favourite pve activity though.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • I dont think it's possible to do a nightfall properly.
  • Agreed cheese should go, at the same time the bosses need to have less ridiculous health bars. The Templar is a much better boss than Sekrion the nexus, it's not about the health bar it's about making it interesting.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Billy wrote:
    Agreed cheese should go, at the same time the bosses need to have less ridiculous health bars. The Templar is a much better boss than Sekrion the nexus, it's not about the health bar it's about making it interesting.

Actually I don't agree.

I want to keep the raids separate from the strikes, and intricate mulit-faceted puzzle-bosses belong in raids. Nexus etc fit the arcady fun of Strikes. They become boring bullet-sponges when you cheese them because there's no peril, but when you're crouched behind a rock desperately trying to hide from the splash damage I think they work really well. Maybe could do with slightly less health I guess. Maybe.

Love Templar, but love Nexus too.

LOVE ALL OF IT!
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    risk/reward  

The issue for me now is that weapons and Armour no longer really feel like rewards. If I'm being honest, the entire Exotic system is a bit kinda 'meh' - I think Bungie should look at alternative ways of rewarding top-end players. And I know this will likely sound controversial but I think Exotic Armor and Weapons should be more powerful than Legendaries. So instead of 331 ATT, Exotics should be 350 or something. Because at the moment, a lot of them feel weaker than their Legendary cousins. 

Also, Bungie should look at how other developers reward top-level players when gear is no longer relevant. Items such as specific titles ect. 

Also, I've a tonne of things I could say about UI improvements.
  • Why don't we all not cheese it next week then? We can report back after.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Higher number weapons won't be any more powerful unless you find higher number enemies.

I'd like to see something which removes a bit of the RNG from collecting, maybe like a 'special requisition' token that drops when you hit level 25 with a faction and rewards you with any item you choose, whether it's normally sold or not. Something similar could happen with a strange gem for Xûr when you reach X hours played or Y total XP.

Not sure how to handle raid loot, maybe a small chance of a drop at the end which allows you to choose any raid weapon or armour?
  • Bets on another Xur type merchant selling new DLC gear in the Reef social hub when HoW drops.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    How do we sort the shards / level cap dilemma for HoW if they're sayig they're not gonna fuck us over on raid gear this time?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My guess is new vendor gear will get you up to 32, new raid gear will get you up to 34.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hmmm that still seems to suggest that Crota gear will be technically obsolete tho
  • I hope to fuck they've spent their time coming up with some sort of transmogrification ((c) WoW nerds) thing instead of producing just one set of identical level 34/36/whatever armour for each class.

The game is crying out for more customisation options rather than having every bugger running around in identical Crota gear.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Hmmm that still seems to suggest that Crota gear will be technically obsolete tho

Yep. I fully expect each new load of new gear to make the last lot obsolete. That's how these things work.
  • Which is why they should give you the option to upgrade existing armour, or transfer raid levels / perks to other armour.

Say you complete the next raid and it gives you a new chest piece. If you had the choice between keeping it, or paying say 100 ascendant shards to transfer its properties to another piece of armour, then everyone could reach max level whilst keeping some individuality.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aye but they explicitly said that the new dlc won't make Crota stuff redundant.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Aye but they explicitly said that the new dlc won't make Crota stuff redundant.

In which case they are dumb. Vendor gear should get you up to 32, so you can start the new raid. Raid gear then gets you to 34 or whatever. That's how it works for everything else like this, and no one ever had a problem with that.

They really do need visual options though. I fucking hate a lot of the top level armour.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Everyone's running round like a Mad Max looking fanny at the minute

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!