Destiny Is Problematic - Let's Make It Better
  • You're playing Destiny alone?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    You're playing Destiny alone?

What can I say, im irritating!

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • co-op is the way forward dude!  Badgers4lyfe
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If I wasnt playing with other people I'd be gmanning this game all the way to Cex
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just hit 20, then after equipping 2 pieces of armour hit 22. 

Don't know what all the fuss is about, this is a piece of piss :-D
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And another engram bags me another piece of armour with 14 light, up to 23.
  • Yeah now the grind really begins. Getting to 23 is no problem.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Stop pissing on my parade :-)
  • The real game starts at <your level> + <some amount greater than 0>
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    *fingers in ears*

La la la
  • @rev

I'll consider doing the VoG with you if you promise not to mention anything you've said in this thread.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    And Light Level 24, keep em coming, thank you Mr Crucible
  • TheDJR wrote:
    @rev

I'll consider doing the VoG with you if you promise not to mention anything you've said in this thread.

ill do the vault of glass with you if you promise to do your Nicolas cage impression again.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You know its not like this set up in most games yoss. Its more like x is a variable that changes. You can't guarantee you even know what x is.
    voices wrote:
    If the daily heroic is one of the dlc ones, the minimum level is 30.

Ah, okay, I see the issue. I wasn't really aware that there wasn't a lower level for the DLC stuff. But yes, this points at a few issues, one is the dearth of new stuff that comes up between level 20 and 26 when you can run the Vault of Glass. This was exacerbated when the DLC dropped and they just upped the level of the hard heroic story to 30. It would have been better to add a new tier above with more rewards (even an extra 2 or 3k of glimmer on top of the other stuff would cover it) and that would allow people with a few more things to do as they moved up to 26. 

Also, it would be nice to be able to drag friends through high level stuff they couldn't access on their own to help them level up. Trying to drag a level 3 through the Nightfall sounds like great fun. Low levels (maybe not 3) can even be useful as support.

But finally, they should really have made some lower level versions of the DLC levels. Which brings me onto:
    Billy wrote:
    Myself, I bought the DLC and am level 32 so i'm pleased that sometimes the daily is 30.

The daily hard is always 30, whether it's a DLC level or not.
    voices wrote:
    The real game starts at  +
    At the moment, I'd say the game really starts at 28, but you really want to be at least 30.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Upgraded armour light level now 25.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Also, @rev, as others have said, you don't need the daily to progress. It sounds like your best bet right now is to get your vanguard rank up to 2 so you can buy some boots, that will almost certainly be enough to push you up to 28 on its own, possibly even 29. The other armour piece you need (I forget if it was chest or helmet) will require a commendation, so you won't be able to get that until you reach level 3 vanguard, but soon you'll be able to do the nightfall and weekly, so you'll start levelling much faster.
  • can we get some more destiny players to give the same advice please :p
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well, I'm not a Destiny player who thinks that the daily heroics are only sometimes level 30, so I thought it would sound more authoritative coming from me.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Also, @rev, as others have said, you don't need the daily to progress. It sounds like your best bet right now is to get your vanguard rank up to 2 so you can buy some boots, that will almost certainly be enough to push you up to 28 on its own, possibly even 29. The other armour piece you need (I forget if it was chest or helmet) will require a commendation, so you won't be able to get that until you reach level 3 vanguard, but soon you'll be able to do the nightfall and weekly, so you'll start levelling much faster.

I have legendary chest, arms and boots all levelled up to the first shard level out of the three on each and I'm still halfway on 28. Pretty sure you can't get to 29 unless you've got full legendary gear on? Might be wrong...

I'd also say the 'real' Destiny starts when you first set foot in the Vault of Glass, not level 30.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have legendary chest, arms and boots all levelled up to the first shard level out of the three on each and I'm still halfway on 28. Pretty sure you can't get to 29 unless you've got full legendary gear on? Might be wrong...

I'm not 100% sure, but it's worth checking the maximum light level of your Legendaries. Current vendor Legendaries offer a maximum of 33 light, CE raid gear a maximum of 36. If you've got older stuff then the vendor gear maxes out at 27, VoG at 30, which is a significant difference.
    I'd also say the 'real' Destiny starts when you first set foot in the Vault of Glass, not level 30.

Which is the first thing you should do when you hit 28. My post stands.
  • I'm not arguing, just saying you don't have to be 30 or even 28 to get a taste of what the game is really about.

My legendary gear is all up to date post patch stuff.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Well, I'm not a Destiny player who thinks that the daily heroics are only sometimes level 30, so I thought it would sound more authoritative coming from me.

Heh touche!  I haven't bothered with daily heroics since the dlc, they only provide xp for your class and armor, i don't need to upgrade those things anymore i just need to upgrade weapons.
  • I'm not arguing, just saying you don't have to be 30 or even 28 to get a taste of what the game is really about.

Absolutely, we were doing the vault of glass at 25/26 before the dlc.  of course being 28 helps but it's not a requirement.
  • I'm 49, and thinking of buying some new boots this very day.
  • Make sure you have a big rant at the store clerks for producing boots of different sizes that you are unable to wear.
  • You'll need 150 bronze coins to get you there... on the bus.
  • *rummages in pockets*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!