Destiny Is Problematic - Let's Make It Better
  • Hoping the daily today is more generous. Saying that, i wasn't allowed access to Mondays daily because it was lvl 30.

The whole 'game deciding when I can play it' pish, that some were adamant never happens.
    if the daily on Thursday is the same, then that's this week out the window for me as far as an easy shard win.
    yesterday on the daily I didn't get a drop at level 24. Its just so frustrating how much a fundamental aspect like levelling up is reliant on you being lucky.

That's the game deciding when you play?

Really? You mean the daily that is there every single day. (I'll grant you dlc off days.)

As I recall, the lowest setting for the daily doesn't give you much, but it does tell you what you are going to get. Or have a chance to get.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah. If im not the required level then I can't play the daily. Why are you being so petty about this?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • b0r1s wrote:
    MoesTavern wrote:
    I also agree the crucible is bloody hard, I'm getting repeatedly shit on and I'm not that bad a fps player.
    What level you at Mo? I should get to 20 today. Keep at the Crucible. I'm slowly getting better. It's just a very twitchy game and you come across more coordinated teams than on stuff like COD I've found so picking off individuals usually ends up with you getting capped in return. I had a good run last night even levelled up during a match. Its very unforgiving though.

I'm 21. had the game a couple of weeks.

I think in the Crucible I'm just playing it wrong, as a warlock I should be hanging back a bit rather than rushing in trying to merk blads.
    Some of the higher level weaponry feels downright unfair though, I'm constantly losing 1v1's and it's getting frustrating.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    MoesTavern wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    MoesTavern wrote:
    I also agree the crucible is bloody hard, I'm getting repeatedly shit on and I'm not that bad a fps player.
    What level you at Mo? I should get to 20 today. Keep at the Crucible. I'm slowly getting better. It's just a very twitchy game and you come across more coordinated teams than on stuff like COD I've found so picking off individuals usually ends up with you getting capped in return. I had a good run last night even levelled up during a match. Its very unforgiving though.
    I'm 21. had the game a couple of weeks. I think in the Crucible I'm just playing it wrong, as a warlock I should be hanging back a bit rather than rushing in trying to merk blads. Some of the higher level weaponry feels downright unfair though, I'm constantly losing 1v1's and it's getting frustrating.

Yep it's tough. If you are on PS4 around Saturday or Sunday and want to team up on some Crucible I'm up for it. I'll be 20 at least, not knowing how to get to 21 yet, but I could be. I'm a hunter. Been going after Crucible bounties too, which can be fun.
  • The level is decided by the game. Though please enlighten me as to how I play a level im locked out on?
    I can't play the game today.
    What's so difficult to understand here? @facewon
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yeah. If im not the required level then I can't play the daily. Why are you being so petty about this?

Because your Gripes seem to be with not having time to play games. It's just weird.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I could make Sunday but I'm on Xbone :(
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    MoesTavern wrote:
    I could make Sunday but I'm on Xbone :(

NP, there's enough guys in the main thread on the One every night. I just want to get decent before I team up with the regulars so I'm not a hindrance
  • Facewon wrote:
    Yeah. If im not the required level then I can't play the daily. Why are you being so petty about this?

Because your Gripes seem to be with not having time to play games. It's just weird.

no. My gripe is the game deciding im not allowed access to a part that will help me advance. Come back tomorrow is unworkable when you can't. I don't know why that is so difficult to understand.
  • The daily today is another level 30.
  • I'm possibly a bit out of the loop, and not sure what level you are, but the daily isn't that critical to progressing. If you're between 20 and 26, the strikes are probably your best bet for levelling up. After that you'll need some vanguard rep, and then you'll want to do the daily to get the legendary upgrade material. Even then, you'll more than likely find yourself sheperded through Vault of Glass to get the things you need, and that's much much quicker.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah. If im not the required level then I can't play the daily. Why are you being so petty about this?

That's fairly standard in games isn't it? Until you've completed task X you're not allowed to attempt task Y.
  • I'm sitting at 27 currently squire, so I have two purple pieces needing some shard love. I'll need about 18? I think to really get me going.
    Don't mind blasting through the daily solo, but it seems to be hit and miss if your allowed access to the daily based on your level.
  • Would like to get on the vog.
    Thursday night might be a good night.
  • Sounds like you need to start grinding strikes and comsmodrome for vanguard rep to get the chest and helmet... Easily the dullest part of the game for me.
  • Yossarian wrote:

That's fairly standard in games isn't it? Until you've completed task X you're not allowed to attempt task Y.

You know its not like this set up in most games yoss. Its more like x is a variable that changes. You can't guarantee you even know what x is.

• voices wrote:
    Sounds like you need to start grinding strikes and comsmodrome for vanguard rep to get the chest and helmet... Easily the dullest part of the game for me.

ive got 100 marks to spend and almost at rank 1 on vanguard as well.
  • I got gloves and chest piece, both legendary..
  • The daily today is another level 30.

I'm not following you. I've done the daily three days on the trot and I'm 28? I don't see this min level 30 daily?
  • If the daily heroic is one of the dlc ones, the minimum level is 30.

You just need rank 2 vanguard to buy the legs then. Bounty + Cosmodrome grind time! You can have it knocked off in a day if you focus on it.
  • Rev, the daily isn't the sole thing you can do to help you advance. Even when the daily is a level 30 mission, you can do patrol to get ascendant materials. Or the Weekly. Or the Nightfall. Or the Vault of Glass.

Even running the strike playlist give you a chance of getting legendarys, which you could dismantle for materials. You could save up marks to buy something to dismantle too.

I'm pretty sure that the Crucible can reward ascendant materials too.

In which case you can advance by getting the legs and helmet, which again doesn't involve the daily.
  • Hoping the daily today is more generous. Saying that, i wasn't allowed access to Mondays daily because it was lvl 30.
    The whole 'game deciding when I can play it' pish, that some were adamant never happens. if the daily on Thursday is the same, then that's this week out the window for me as far as an easy shard win. yesterday on the daily I didn't get a drop at level 24. Its just so frustrating how much a fundamental aspect like levelling up is reliant on you being lucky.

If you're frustrated that so much of the game is based on luck then this isn't the game for you.  Obviously the combat is based on skill, but randomness is EVERYWHERE with regard to loot.

Also regarding the 'game deciding when I can play it' you are reacting a bit strongly to this, the daily is not the only way to get yourself levelled up and it's not even the best way.  There's been plenty of advice in here for you.  The VoG and public events are the best things for you to do.  It sounds like you're pretty frustrated with it now, I hope the other PS4 guys take you through the VoG soon, if not just look for a group on http://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams/new

Myself, I bought the DLC and am level 32 so i'm pleased that sometimes the daily is 30.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Quick! Everyone answer Rev!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Daily story is the worlds grave.
  • In all honesty, I really have a blast when im playing it but I do like coming in here to keep you guys busy.

I find the search for public events dull.
    I want to do the vog, and me and nick and a few others will crack it soon.

I have been locked out of level 30 stuff because I hadn't done the Eris quest I believe.

I just here for the banter and the windup.
  • This will lead us to the grave.
  • Billy wrote:
    Quick! Everyone answer Rev!

I want to nuzzle your shell like ears and kiss your cherry lips.
  • I kind of think having a buddy to play with would be a good way to play all the way through.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!