20 Years of Playstation
  • digi wrote:
    Switch out bully and wrestling and add. Point blank. Point blank 2 Time crisis. Gregorys horror show. Yakuza. Yakuza 2. Shadow of rome. Gradius v. Guitar hero 2.

Point Blank and Time Crisis are PS1 games.

I thought Guitar Hero 2 came out on 360 at the same time as PS2, but it appears not, so Guitar Hero is upgraded to Guitar Hero 2.

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies 
    Amplitude 
    Armored Core 2 
    Buzz! The Music Quiz 
    Canis Canem Edit 
    Devil May Cry 
    Grand Theft Auto III 
    Guitar Hero II
    Ico 
    Metal Gear Solid 2 
    Ratchet & Clank 3 
    R-Type Final 
    Shadow of the Colossus 
    Stuntman 
    Time Crisis II
    Timesplitters 
    We Love Katamari 
    WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain
  • I forgot Buzz so I'll have that instead of Klonoa please.
  • My top 10 from the Top Ten Ahoy thread: PS2: 1. Contra: Shattered Soldier 2. Shadows of the Colossus 3. God of War 4. Ico 5. Tiger Woods 2004 6. Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty 7. Gradius V 8. Sly Racoon 9. Metal Gear Solid 3 10. Stuntman

Cant remember if/what I put by mine would include:

1. We <3 Katamari
    2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
    3. Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
    4. Metal Gear Solid 2
    5. The Mark of Kri
    6. Gradius V (I'm still rubbish at it)
    7. PES3

I refrained from listing Rez since it was DC first. Would probably consider Yakuza in hindsight (Kiwami) and I also have A Train 6 and Pacific Theatre of Operations 4 which were quite good of the little I played.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • It's a shame Buzz died. They could bring it back using phones instead of buzzers I suppose, but that big red button was half the draw. Not the same tapping on a phone.
  • Nintendo will make some out of cardboard you put together round your iphone. Reg and Edge will both shit themselves in excitement before it bombs at retail.

I'm pretty sure the era of game specific tat is dead. Killed off by Tony Hawks and his skateboard without wheels.
    The Forum Herald™
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cool cool give me the cardboard shit
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My favourites on PS2 (apart from RType Final and Gradius V) in no order:-

Amplltude & Frequency
    Mojo  (cheapo - roll-a-ball type game)
    Raiden III
    Flipnic - pinball genre stretched past breaking point with high production values
    Buzz
    Ico
    Metal Slug 3 - ignore Anthology which is crap. 3 got a solo release with extras. very nice.
    Samurai Aces  2D shooter from Psikyo. Solid if bare bones port with 60 Hz and TATE in PAL.
    Dragon Blaze - ditto
    Sky Odyssey - Pilotwings-ey type of game in planes only but lots of different types. Early game so with fog but nice.
    Katamari

Devil Dice (PS1) and Wetrix (N64) got nice updates on PS2 (Bombastic and Aqua Aqua respectively) but the originals are just as good.  I got quite a few retro compilations too that got a fair bit of playtime. 

Also double dipped on Rez and Space Channel 5 that I already had for Dreamcast. Don't remember there being much of a difference. Rez might have felt a wee bit easier.

SFA Anthology was a nice collection too that works in 480p with component cable. Certainly prevents me from thinking about shelling out for the Saturn version of SFA3.

Two disappointments. 

GTA3 : something-or-other. The novelty of driving around and punching people lasted about an hour. I could see why it did so well and I accept there was more to it - but it just wasn't for me.
    God of War : button mashing and Quicktime = no sense of control. Yawn. Really wanted to love it as it is beautifully presented and technically superb.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I'd never heard of Flipnic.  Looks great.
  • DavyK,

You disrespect the ps2.you disrespect me.

Expect a horses head.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Mark of kri.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Eek.

Its strongest games just weren't my thing. I think I'd have enjoyed a JP one more as it got a pile of Sega Ages releases.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    PS2 were a handy Doovdy player but the all night benders belonged to the Dreamcast baby.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!