I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I will merge the two copies to create the best version I can and dispense with the Platinum packaging.
    Blasphemous. You can't do that surely?
    Wouldn't be the first time I have harvested cases, covers, manuals and discs from two copies of a game to create the best single copy.

hylian_elf wrote:
    The Sega Saturn has the best d-pad.
    Lol good joke.

Really? I have found for shmups and versus fighters the model 2 Saturn pad is the best non-arcade stick solution. There it is, on the left....

controllers.jpg
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    I will merge the two copies to create the best version I can and dispense with the Platinum packaging.
    Wouldn't be the first time I have harvested cases, covers, manuals and discs from two copies of a game to create the best single copy.

Thats perfectly fine and we've all done that but platinum and standard versions of instructions and discs have different designs.

Can't have a standard case with a platinum book or mixed designed discs.

I understand the annoyance of odd silver bookends Iin an otherwise uniformed collection, both my N64 and PSone collections have one.

Speaking of which I wish that NSMBwii case wasn't red!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Redesigned PAL Saturn pad, which I believe was the OG Japanese one, also gets my vote.  MD 6-button was decent too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Thats perfectly fine and we've all done that but platinum and standard versions of instructions and discs have different designs. Can't have a standard case with a platinum book or mixed designed discs. I understand the annoyance of odd silver bookends Iin an otherwise uniformed collection, both my N64 and PSone collections have one. Speaking of which I wish that NSMBwii case wasn't red!

Shit….hadn't thought of that. Have only merged GC games up until now - my plans are scuppered - however the discs actually look OK so I can just keep it intact. The case and manuals are pristine. Disc 1 has some faint scratches which is a shame but it looks as if it will play OK. Of course the platinum discs are perfect but no way I would put them in the original release packaging.
  • Where is Sealed Collector?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh. Forgot about Puchi Carat for Playstation 1. It plays like a cross between Breakout and Bust-a-Move. The Special Edition comes with a nice paddle controller.

It got an outing on PS2's Taito Legends but that's just a straight arcade port - the PS1 version has extra modes and of course is better because you can use the paddle controller with it.

Wish I had double dipped on this because the OCD bit of me wants two of the controllers for the 2player versus modes.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    There it is, on the left...

O38q6.jpg

The d-pads on DS4s are MotR, B. Less spongy than a DS3's (Dual Analog d-pads are the firmest of Sony's), but with overwide cardinal spacing. And I've a good pair of inch-wide chumbs. Their newfound clickiness is an improvement, and their medium activation height on their rubbers is okay. On the downside, you have to move your thumb farther for something as simple as a DP (I won't edit for norms), whereas you can roll those on a DS3. So there's less travel for SPDs and whathaveyou on a DS3, but you can better feel your inputs on a DS4.

Its main handicap is its lack of a topside connective body. It's not that far from a Saturn pad, but the Saturn's d-pad guides your thumb from its centre via ridges.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Hori. Nice.

They have produced some very desirable pads over the years. 

cb4423cd5d5d050e6aca86e1c05f1442.jpg?v=270000

Look….there it is at the bottom……this is probably a crap config for the few games that use the dpad on N64.
    6886099379_9d43900dc3.jpg
  • davyK wrote:
    They have produced some very desirable pads over the years.

Post some pics of those ones, then.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aha ha……ha.

Wouldn't mind the GC one for the few shmups I have imported. Those both go for a pretty penny though.

Back on PS1 - have one of these I have yet to use.

joy038.jpg

and a brace of these

post-16281-0-45916400-1399716602.jpg

• Saturn audio cd player FTW.  Adjusting the pitch meant Babylon Zoo were always awesome.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The PS1 visualiser is a mode taken from the title called Baby Universe. No idea why I have that disc.
  • I have owned two neg-cons and I don't know where they are.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • davyK has them.

I used to fancy owning a jogcon.

NamcoJogcon.jpg

Then I used one. Eurgh.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fancied that one too but never saw it going for a sensible price.

More controller hi-jinkery. Have a couple of these...

Beatmania_DJ_controller_(PAL).jpg

And the aforementioned paddle controller for PS1 version of Puchi Carat…

Puchi_carat_retro_controller.jpg
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The PS1 has the largest collection of peripherals ever.

How is it that John Major grey now seems classier than the current options? Probably because it omits those cheap, shiny bits of plastic, but still. I'd also like a cream PS4. Party like it's 1989.
  • This is the best PS1 controller for fighting games.

1dX7YL2.jpg
  • Playing Tony hawk on 360 today as my net was playing up. Amazing how cack handed I am. And that 2 minute structure. It's one part genius one part archaic.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Limited Ed. PS4s went on sale today at a tempory Sony store in Bethnal Green, London.

Only 94 were available on a first come first served basis but you had to bring in some original PS memorabilia in order to claim one.

They were £19.94 and thats not a typo... twenty quid!

There are 50 more going on sale tomorrow for the RRP £349.99
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Fucking hell. It's good to see London getting some love tho. About time someone did a promo event down there.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • WHAT
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yeah, Shyam was telling us about that. Told him to pick one up for me but I bet he hasn't. THE SHIT.
  • I received an email from Game telling me that I will have a chance of being able to maybe buy a 20th anniversary ps4 if I click on a bunch of links on their tweets over the next 5 days or something. I have to work out the answer to a clue first though.

Whatever.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bobs drunk again. Hide the others!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I still fucking hate Sony and the PlayStation brand. I genuinely loathe it and everything it stands for.
  • Yossarian - 4 The Players™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!