The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Yup, it was excellent. Sends shivers down my spine even now.

Yep, gives me the tingles too!!!!

Do any of you guys know what the deal is with the 20th Anniversary PS4?  I may try to grab one, but I've got no idea at all where to even begin.  Are they getting sold online?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    In The Hunt was another splendid game. A horizontal Irem shmup in which you control a submarine with Metal Slug style graphics.

010113_inthehunt_01.jpg
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I didn't pirate games on the PS, I just acquired them for cheap because they "fell off a truck".
  • My first pirated game was Zero Divide, which was a 3D robotic fighter, I remember it being pretty good but I bet it looks dated now.

Other games that have not had a mention yet are:
    Wild 9: Great platform game with an interesting grab mechanic and nice graphics
    Motorhead: Futuristic racer with lovely smooth minimalist graphic style
    Rollcage: Wipeout with wheels and you could drive on the ceiling
    Need for Speed Road Challenge: Probably my most played PS game along with Gran Turismo:

Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I remember getting my Playstation for Christmas on the year they launched in the UK. I feel all materialistic for saying this now, but it was one of the best days of my life. My parents have always been poor, and so i dared not even mention to them that i would have loved to own one. I didn't want them to feel bad for not being able to afford it. So i kept my Christmas wishes pretty modest. I can't remember what it is i actually asked for (it might have been a megadrive game), but i remember thinking that the largish box under the tree with my name on it wasn't the right size for them to have got me what i ideally wanted. I was prepared for disappointment. I had not even acknowledged any hope that it might be a Playstation. The thought had not crossed my mind even once. I screamed like a little girl when i saw what it was. Really could not believe it. It came with two controllers, a memory card, Tekken and Wipeout. I have no idea how they afforded it all. 

Anyway, lots of awesome games. Highlights being Tekken 3, Twisted Metal 2, X-Com, Colin Mcrae 2, Music 2000, Wipeout 2097, Driver, FFVII, Wip3out, Road Rash 3D, Tomb Raider, Worms.
  • Yup, it was excellent. Sends shivers down my spine even now.
    Yep, gives me the tingles too!!!! Do any of you guys know what the deal is with the 20th Anniversary PS4?  I may try to grab one, but I've got no idea at all where to even begin.  Are they getting sold online?

Thank you for posting that. It's been so long.
  • I always wondered how much the pirating contributed to its success. Its especailly intersting when looking at its sales and how they exploded in 98, Saturn and 64 both put up decent fights in the early years in Japan and the West respectively.

I don't know anyone who didn't pirate games on it by the end.

I never pirated games on mine, or any other console I've owned. I'm guessing price was the main reason why people did so? Never really found any games out of my reach price wise. (Until they became rare and collectible anyway.)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I have no idea how they afforded it all.

Parents are little miracle workers sometimes.

http://youtu.be/y2Q41i7rU7M

One of my favourites. I loved his sassy catchphrases throughout.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I got my launch PS for Christmas.

I managed to bag Ridge Racer, Teken and a memory card; the worst bit?

My folks had recently split and from my Mam got the games and memory card and my Dad got me the PS.  I didn't go to my Dad's until 7pm on Christmas day.....was the longest day EVER!!

I must have spend 10 hours looking at the black backs of the game disks!!
  • Outlaw wrote:
    One of my favourites. I loved his sassy catchphrases throughout.

Beautiful. Got it for a fiver on the market, played the shit out of it. Terrible, broken, awful piece of shit. Loved it.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Tempy wrote:
    I don't think I had anything pirated, I missed a vast number of games because of that I guess. Someone might have mentioned NetYaroze already, but fuck it, a classic is a classic: "You're still a coward guy." "But I'm really, really scary!!"

I got stuck on that game.  Can't remember where.

iirc that disk also had this on:

Lovely stuff.
  • PS4Anniversary-7.jpg?eaa32f

This is probably in the PS4 thread but I like the look of this. The pic doesn't look as nice as the vid I saw.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • That home button though...
  • Aren't there only 12,394 for sale.

To do with the date of launch. Month. Day. Year.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • If they release the controller separate, I will have to grab one.
  • they're not
  • Timeslip was an excellent Net Yaroze game
  • The PS4 pad has a really good dpad apparently?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's better than the PS3 one and miles better than the risible 360 one which shouldn't even count.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • The X1 is the best dpad america has ever produced but it's still not up there.
  • They all pale in comparison to the might Nintendo d-pad
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • If Nintendo can just figure out the rest of the controller they'll be sorted.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I really need to figure out where the PS1/PS4 is going to be sold......I need one in my life!!!!
  • As of right now, it won't be sold like a normal console.  It's going to be comp winners and possibly a raffle type thing set up to actually then buy one.

Managed to play around with this on Wednesday and the attention to detail is astonishing, all the little sexy details like the home button and even the right texture to the plastic.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My collector gene kicked in (again) today. Spotted a complete version of Metal Gear Solid for PS1 in very good condition. I have the Platinum version but couldn't resist picking this up. I will merge the two copies to create the best version I can and dispense with the Platinum packaging. Has a playable demo of Silent Hill on a 3rd disc.

I find this particularly pleasing as I also have a pristine copy of the extra VR mission disc to complete the set.

I would like to point out that I have played MGS for around 30mins.....
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    It's better than the PS3 one and miles better than the risible 360 one which shouldn't even count.

The 360 pad is a bit of an enigma. I find it perfectly serviceable for shmups but try playing Pacman CE with it and it is atrocious.

The Sega Saturn has the best d-pad.
  • MGS still works well.  If anything, it's probably more playable to people who missed the series than its sequels are. It knows its limits and sticks to them.
  • davyK wrote:
    I will merge the two copies to create the best version I can and dispense with the Platinum packaging.

Blasphemous. You can't do that surely?

オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!