The Last Guardian and all things Ueda pasty present and future
  • Bob wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    It’s mechanically awful even now.
    Is it fuck, its fucking great!
    Nah. The horse is a barge and control is optional.
    That's completely intentional you know. He's coded to very much have a spirit of his own.
    It’s not the spirit, it’s the shit controls.

Have you ever ridden a horse?
  • AJ wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    [It’s not the spirit, it’s the shit controls.
    Left, right, go, and stop?

Makes sense. 

Pity they didn’t go with it,
    The Forum Herald™
  • I don't get what you didn't grasp about it, but I've also get a red wine headache and can't be bothered to investigate any further.
  • Theres a bit more to the horse controls, i have the trick rider trophy.
    Its easy.

Done a full normal playthru, gonna do some time attacks tomorrow for items then a hard run thru.(with filters)
    Love this game.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Press version going for crazy dollar on eBay. Looks nice. 

Not surprised - the TLG press kit I bought from Darkglobe was similarly wonderful and pricey (though he did me a great deal, so I avoided the pain of eBay prices).
  • So, a question about something that I'm fairly sure is new...
    Spoiler:
  • AJ wrote:
    I don't get what you didn't grasp about it, but I've also get a red wine headache and can't be bothered to investigate any further.

It's not that I don't grasp anything. It's more that they're not very good.

Just downed the fourth one.. it's still not quite gelling with me.. not helped by the fact that I often know what to do but have problems getting the mechanics of the AI to actually do what it's supposed to.

Personally I still prefer Ico so far. But I'll keep plugging away.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Right so I've done the first two. The controls are a bit crazy. Takes a whole lot of effort to simply not fall off a platform and Agro is....spirited. Agro is great though,I was fighting the 2nd colossus and Agro (understandly) was VERY reluctant to come near and often refused. Behaviour like that adds a lot immersion.  I've changed since I last played it. Killing the first colossus last time was a real struggle. I didnt want to kill it and I felt awful for doing so. Now? Not a flicker of emotion. I am but an empty husk.

The scale of the landscape and it's loneliness is just outstanding. That is one thing the remake really, really improves on.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • tin_robot wrote:
    So, a question about something that I'm fairly sure is new...
    Spoiler:

theres a refrence to them in the credits.
    Spoiler:
  • digi wrote:
    So, a question about something that I'm fairly sure is new...
    Spoiler:
    theres a refrence to them in the credits.
    Spoiler:
    Ooh, intriguing. 
    Spoiler:
    The scale of the landscape and it's loneliness is just outstanding. That is one thing the remake really, really improves on. The epic scale.

Absolutely. It's not just the colossi that make you feel small.

I came home from work last night to find my daughter playing this.   She was surprisingly good at it, but it was also interesting watching someone who's never come across the game before.  (She was aware of it because of The Last Guardian, but had never actually played or seen it.)
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The tally for the coins is in the bottom left corner of the map.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yup, the coins/enlightenments is a quest, that the majority of players will never see through due to the insane amount of time it will take you.
    Read on if you're not arsed...
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    g, which filters did you use to make the graphics look more like the original?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Currently rocking Faded with intensity set to about 75%. 
    Reminiscence with film grain set to off, and a kick up in the separate screen brightness setting isn't bad either, but that's maybe just a bit too desaturated. 
    First one is the best I've managed so far.
    There's also an argument to be made for setting the Graphics Mode to Cinematic rather than Performance (I haven't done this btw), because it virtually halves the 60fps frame rate on the Pro and makes it move much more like the original, albeit without performance slow-down.
  • Is the music the same?
  • Seems to be, thankfully.
  • Have to say, I'm four Colossi in, and so far I'm very much on board with this guy's musings.
    g.man wrote:
    Thoughtful piece on Eurogamer today about how the increase in the visual fidelity of the SotC remake makes it a different beast to the original. The question of fidelity and Shadow of the Colossus good read g.man
  • Tempy wrote:
    Is the music the same?

Yes, but it's been updated by the original composer.

Kow Otani wrote:
    When it came time to update the music, while we were unable to redo every track, we wanted to add more depth to the opening and ending, so we increased the number of musicians and added more string instruments to the original recordings. The goal of this recording was less to change the track themselves and more to make the sense of scale even bigger.

Here's the full interview with him about it:
  • Gotta get dat vinyl.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • g.man wrote:
    Yup, the coins/enlightenments is a quest, that the majority of players will never see through due to the insane amount of time it will take you. Read on if you're not arsed...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • If all that spoiler is true, that is insane.
  • Has that been added for the remake?
  • I’m sure I remember reading some of that before, in an article about the still-undiscovered secrets of the game.
  • I think it's safe to say that Dante is yanking collective chains here.
  • Here's the article I was remembering:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-02-the-quest-for-shadow-of-the-colossuss-last-big-secret

The bird thing is in there, which is why I thought it might be true. Hey ho.
  • It unlocks 
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just watched the intro before I dive in. This game still has the magics.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Lost some of it, yes, but I’m only in intro! It’s the music that does it for me and the way the intro is shot. Some of it being very clear was and sharp did seem off though.
  • g.man wrote:
    I think it's safe to say that Dante is yanking collective chains here.

There is a possibility it may be fan fiction.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!