The Last Guardian and all things Ueda pasty present and future
  • sounds like you've either pre-ordered the digital version, or got a pre-order bonus.
  • I seem to remember mention of a theme somewhere. Put the code in and find out.
  • Yeah, I gather there is an animated theme for the PS4 which is probably a pre-order bonus. Might well be for that.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • In fact, from the answers on Amazon:

The PSN code is for the Pre-order Bonus, a dynamic theme for your PS4 and an alternative in-game Life sword
  • Weheeeey, thanks chaps :)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I have this in my hand AS WE SPEAK welp
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Just sat through the intro. Achingly beautiful.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dat music
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Gonna be picking up my copy in a tens of minutes! Melancholy hype train pulling into station.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Fuck the temptation is so so strong. Can only really get to a supermarket, how's their prices?
  • I'm in Sainsbo's later, will have a look while hopefully resisting a purchase.  RDR2 delay has left me with a Spring gaming hole that I could easily fill with something I already own, but £25ish is incredibly tempting.
  • he can't get to Amazon though
  • I'm going to pop into Game on my lunch break, in the off-chance they had spare steelbooks and put them out to the shops. I don't expect them to have and will only buy the standard version today if it's £20 or less.
  • AJ wrote:
    I'm going to pop into Game on my lunch break, in the off-chance they had spare steelbooks and put them out to the shops. I don't expect them to have and will only buy the standard version today if it's £20 or less.
    No chance.
  • I'm totally not expecting it to be, but I'm also in no hurry and that's my biting point.
  • Gav, £24 on Amazon.

£22.00 with Prime. I could order it, have it delivered to your address and you can PayPal me. I realise that is tomorrow though, not today.
  • Could be a shout Skondo, I'll PM later if so.
  • £27.99 in Sainsbury's. Nope.
  • Even if I'd phoned the wife back to say yes it would've been a nope, apparently they just evacuated my local Sainsbury's.  Unless the second call was a ploy to stop me changing my mind.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Just sat through the intro. Achingly beautiful.

It is a beautiful thing. Watched this and did the first colossus last night. It does look stunning.

• Skondo wrote:
    Gav, £24 on Amazon.

£22.00 with Prime. I could order it, have it delivered to your address and you can PayPal me. I realise that is tomorrow though, not today.

It's no longer £22 with Prime , I nearly bit but I'll wait .
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Turns out the £2 off is pre-order only.  It also turns out I've become a massive Scrooge, so I'll have to order it next time I'm pissed.
  • I played through the first 7 colossi last night.

First things first, it looks absolutely beautiful - whilst in the original it felt like the scale of the place gradually became clear, here it's immediately obvious.  Vast deserts, waterfalls, and that bloody bridge - all stunning.  Having not played the original in a while it's hard for me to judge what's new, and what's simply more obvious.  (Though some additions - such as blue Last Guardian style butterflies flitting around the fruit trees - are easier to identify.)

The only reservation aesthetically for me is with Wanda himself, who looks a bit off somehow, though I'd be hard placed to identify precisely why.

In terms of the game - it's Shadow of the Colossus.  The new controls make it feel a little easier (the speed at which I took down the 7 probably indicates as much), but there's still plenty of time flailing around on the backs of beasts trying to decided whether to risk letting go to recover some stamina.  (And plenty more falling off and swearing.)

Equally the improved visuals at first made it feel easier to find the beasts - it felt much clearer where things are.  However I later discovered it was also allowing me to get lost in new ways too, as I would set off towards one interesting looking landmark or another.

In fact if I had to sum up the remake it two words, they would be "prettier" and "easier" - even the lizards seem fatter and more ready to die.

It's still Shadow of the Colossus though.  And having those hulking beasts looking better than ever, only serves to make you regret killing the poor bastards all the more.  I actually spent some time riding around on the back of the flying one just to watch it beat its wings, because I couldn't quite bring myself to kill it yet.  And just before, swimming in the water and watching the waves whisked up by the draft from its wings, was awe inspiring.
  • Got 3 to go then done on normal,
    Il proboubly do some time attack then go for a hard run after that.
    Need to see how many run thrus it is to get to the top of the gardens.

Its so beautiful.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Gav, £24 on Amazon.
    It's no longer £22 with Prime , I nearly bit but I'll wait .

It was yesterday, pre-order or not,  but it must have been removed overnight.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    The only reservation aesthetically for me is with Wanda himself, who looks a bit off somehow, though I'd be hard placed to identify precisely why

This was my thought from the footage I've seen.  Not quite in keeping with how impressed I was with everything else.
  • I played as far as the entrance to the first colossus and promptly started to fall asleep(not due to the game). It looks stunning. But there is a but.....
    That article from EG was already ringing true. There was less of an ethereal feel to the place. Still beautiful mind. The lighting creates a very unique mood.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Has anyone tried the filters yet?
  • I played as far as the entrance to the first colossus and promptly started to fall asleep(not due to the game). It looks stunning. But there is a but..... That article from EG was already ringing true. There was less of an ethereal feel to the place. Still beautiful mind. The lighting creates a very unique mood.

Yes, it's definitely less ethereal.  The soupy fog returns in a couple of locations, but the light and clarity definitely drains the game of some of its ambiguity.  Like watching a horror movie with the lights on.

That said, the new found brightness lends elements that we didn't have before.  There was a moment, for instance, riding that first monster when the clouds suddenly cleared from overhead, and the dark grey fur I'd been clinging to was suddenly glistening in the sun.  It made it seem all the more alive - just before I horribly murdered it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!