The Game Club II: Back in the Habit [Castlemania: Lords of Shadow, Symphony of the Night, etc.]
  • Ffs*

I'll still try and set a score if I get time.
  • This is really making me want xbone Vanquish 2.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Better than gears if they had the sales for a sequel.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The pearly white, ring shaped city in Killzone: Shadow Fall is very reminiscent of Vanquish. Got me hankering for a sequel with those sorta shinies.

I'll try and play this sometime before the Friday deadline. The score that Billy has kindly nabbed off the leaderboard is from my initial campaign run (i.e. no re-tries).  Bollockoff has set the bar pretty high though.
  • I was on for exactly 20000 a minute ago, but came in just over 8 mins and lost 2500 on the time bonus. Arses.
  • Curtis wrote:
    The score that Billy has kindly nabbed off the leaderboard is from my initial campaign run (i.e. no re-tries).  Bollockoff has set the bar pretty high though.

My pleasure, now get playing! ;)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fuck trying to get into this when you're tired on a Sunday night.
  • Damnit bollockoff, I just got 22000, only 2000 more to catch you but I can't see myself getting it, that was a near perfect run, I must be missing something!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mo headshots. The walkers are worth 200 each.
  • Has anyone managed to save the first dude? The one that gets killed at the top of the steps.
  • No. Even when I get there really quickly. Is it possible?
  • I think boosting straight to the first 2 guys and headshotting them, then boosting around the corner and lobbing a grenade + shooting it in mid air clears the area just as the guy gets killed. but i haven't managed to save him so far.
  • Just realised I haven't got the time for this. Demons Souls has got me by the balls.

Sorry guys.

I'm out.
  • Translation: 7350pts after fifteen attempts.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just realised I haven't got the time for this. Demons Souls has got me by the balls. Sorry guys. I'm out.
    Too busy with Monster Hunter and Pokemon here.

Always wanted to go back to Vanquish at some point, only played trough it from A to B, and knew there was more I could get out of it. Now just ain't the time, and with Bayonetta 2 closing in (which I enjoyed just that bit more) I don't see myself getting back to this very soon.

Will keep an eye on the thread for when Castlevania Lords of Shadow shows up (that was one of the other options in the other thread, right?) as I got that as a gift from Bas, but never started.
  • I'm gonna finish my hard run of LoS when we get to that.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Castlevania is another possible option, but I hope others will suggest different stuff as well.

In the meantime, I've done Act 2 of Vanquish. Overall I'm still not completely convinced by it, although I definitely get it more than I did last time I played, and it has me wanting to improve my own scores. It just never quite flows the way I want it to, or like Bayonetta does, for instance. The environments are a bit dull too.
  • Right, I've got further this time than I did before. Seems I gave up on Act 3.4, a fairly boring sniper rifle/monorail section. All the levels on this act have been very good except for most of that one. I have reached some big boss thing on 3.6 now.
  • That is a weak section but slo-mo sniping is still a rare treat. Mid-air slo-mo sniping if you melee with the assault rifle then flick to the sniper and aim in mid air.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That section is the only time I bothered with the sniper. I like the fact Vanquish's sniper rifle is pretty shit as it plays to the tone.
  • Seems in line with a lot of other sniper rifles. One shot kill. Instant hit. No bullet drop. Small mag. Slow rate of fire. Epic reload times.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's underpowered against anything that isn't a Gorgi as headshots on Romanovs do fuck all considering the HMG is also a one shotter to the head. And that's full auto with a big magazine. It fills a long range niche that isn't really in the game since most of your fighting should be happening close to mid.

The Anti-Armour Pistol in the tri-weapon pack is ace, though. It's basically the same thing without a scope and a faster rate of fire. Shame the tri-weapons don't appear in the tactical challenges.
  • There should be a mode built around that pistol. It's a weapon of mass badassdom.
  • Damn, I am not as good at this as I thought, score hovering around the 15,000 mark.

Still I do love this game. I like the replay value. Pity the game doesnt quite facilitate it as you still have to pass cut scenes etc. when replaying.
    SFV - reddave360
  • It's not too big a step from 15k to 20k you just have to get under the 8 min mark, headshot as many things as possible, shoot all the transports, shoot the guns on the transports, shoot the guns on the giant, shoot the moas (having hijacked them), don't let your ai kill anyone so you better shoot everything first, pray, sacrifice a goat, eat all your greens etc.
  • I had a crack at this last night. 17,000 and a little over 8mins. I think I can do 20,000.
  • I might try one more time today. I think I've got a 20K run in me if all goes well.
  • I was right. Just had 20 mins before I was due to go out so had a quick try.

Managed a 20150. Rank 36. Which was nice.
  • Either not many people bothered going for high scores, or some of you badgers are bloody good at this.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I dunno. Perhaps not that many people have gone for highscores on single levels like this. I reckon 20k's a good score on this one, but it's nothing special. I'd say around the top 20 scores on 360 are really impressive.

Also, suggestions for what to do next week. I'm thinking of doing 3 more targets like this, each a week long, to take us to the middle of September. Perhaps the next one could be another single level from Act 2 or 3 on Normal, then we could try one on Hard, and finally one of the Challenges (which I haven't tried yet). At the same time there's also an overall target of best total score finishing the game on Normal to work towards by the end of the run (15/09).

I've played through Act 2 and most of 3 now. I'd like to avoid on rails sections, and another Argus fight, seeing as we've just done one. 2.1 is a nice short straightforward one. 2.6 is good boss fight. I also liked 3.1, but it has one of those annoying visor cutscenes at the beginning. Waddayathink?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!