Bear and Badgers console owning history (now with charts)
  • Pong / Hockey 6-in-one thing
    Gameboy
    Megadrive
    Super Famicom
    GBA
    PS1
    N64
    Dreamcast
    Gamecube
    PSP
    Wii
    Xbox 360
    3DS (XL)

No true hardcore, I admit. Parents weren't keen on vidjagamin, wasn't until 2000 that I was able to get my own consoles, and only regret missing out on PS2. Dreamcast possibly my favourite in terms of sheer fun with others (most in-room multi with Soul Calibur, Tennis, Powerstone, and all the arcade conversions).

Really enjoying my return to portable gaming with 3DS. Quick mariokart GP on the loo at work? Yes please.
  • (In order of purchase)

Atari 2600
    ZX Spectrum 128k +2A
    Nintendo Entertainment System
    Amiga 500
    Nintendo Gameboy
    Amiga 1200
    Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    PlayStation
    Nintendo 64
    PlayStation 2
    Xbox
    Xbox 360
    Playstation 3
    Playstation 4

(I've never owned a SEGA console)

Favourite?  A toss up between the PlayStation One and Xbox 360.  360 probably just edges it.
  • Binatone (colour no less) pong thingZX81 (16k rampack)
    ZX Spectrum 48k
    NES
    Gameboy
    Amiga A500
    Gameboy Color
    SNES (UK then US)
    Amiga CD32 (+ Paravision sx1)
    Amiga A1200 (+ 68040 cpu)
    GBA SP
    Dreamcast
    Xbox
    Gamecube
    Xbox 360
    Wii
    PS3
    3DS
    Vita
  • the graph makes no sense to my eyes I'm sorry
  • That's because pugs dont do maths.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Master System
    Game Gear
    SNES
    Playstation
    Gameboy Pocket
    Saturn
    DC
    GBA
    OldBox
    Gamecube
    GBA SP
    PS2
    PSP
    iPhone
    3DS
    iPad

Most loved: Dreamcast. Still works, still enjoy most of my old favourites whenever I bother to hook it up. It seemed such a step up from the playstation. Came at a good time too when I had more time to play games and hadn't become jaded. Also, blue skies! Arcade fun rather than dour seriousness and grimy, washed out palettes.

Least loved: Gamecube probably, I never got on with it and the amount of good stuff coming out on PS2 meant I never got around to buying many games for it, although I did love me some Monkey Ball. Unfair maybe as I didn't sample much of what it had to offer but after the initial 'new console excitement' stage I barely touched it...

Also a mention for the Game Gear which I mainly associate with travel sickness. I'd play it on the backseat of my parents car and either get so ill I couldn't concentrate anymore or have to give up due to battery loss. Usually the batteries lasted long enough for me to get nauseous but not long enough to actually finish a game.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Most loved: Dreamcast. Still works, still enjoy most of my old favourites whenever I bother to hook it up. It seemed such a step up from the playstation. Came at a good time too when I had more time to play games and hadn't become jaded. Also, blue skies! Arcade fun rather than dour seriousness and grimy, washed out palettes.

I love you. Marry me.
    LarryDavid wrote:
    Least loved: Gamecube probably, I never got on with it and the amount of good stuff coming out on PS2 meant I never got around to buying many games for it, although I did love me some Monkey Ball. Unfair maybe as I didn't sample much of what it had to offer but after the initial 'new console excitement' stage I barely touched it...

I hate you. Get out of my house.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Funny that......Gamecube and Dreamcast feel very similar to me. Both have an overt sense of fun when you look at the libraries. GC for me is the spiritual successor to DC (wasn't Monkey Ball originally for DC?).

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I own both but feel pretty much the same as Larry David.

I preferred SEGA's quick fix gaming that you could dip in and out of with friends that seemed to typify the DC era to Nintendo's time sinks that I could never afford any time to (Zelda TP,Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid, Eternal Darkness, I'm looking at you!)

I loved Monkey ball, Soccer Slam & F-zero though!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I suppose Dreamcast truly was the "arcade at home" for the first time; pretty much makes it unique. The Sega titles on GC show a learning from that experience - that the home versions need a lot more added to them.
  • WHY IS THE WII U NOT IN THE CHART?

ALSO WHERE IS THE SEGA MASTER SYSTEM!!!

for chronology the handhelds are difficult

master system
    gameboy colour
    n64
    gameboy advance
    playstation
    playstation2
    gamecube
    nintendo ds
    xbox
    xbox 360
    ps3
    wii u

most loved: n64 for nostalgia but realistically the 360 has an insane amount of great games, the quality and quantity of which were unimaginable in the n64 days
  • Cube and WiiU but no Wii? Bizarre.
  • Djornson wrote:
    WHY IS THE WII U NOT IN THE CHART?

ALSO WHERE IS THE SEGA MASTER SYSTEM!!!

The chart only includes hardware with 10 or more owners. The Wii U along with XOne and PS4 has yet to reach that number.

Neither had the Master System (see Nintendo Sega VS chart) although since then its had a few more inclusions in lists. I'll update the charts Sunday.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Fun thread:

Atari 2600
    Sega Master System
    Sega Mega Drive
    PS1
    Saturn
    N64
    Dreamcast
    PS2
    Neogeo Pocket Color
    GBA
    Gamecube
    Xbox
    DS
    PSP
    ps3
    Wii
    3DS
    Vita
    Wii U

Edit: Completely forgot my neogeo pocket.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Totally forgot about my Wii U
    And now have a PS4 too

Does that push it to 10?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Is it telling that less than 10 people here own any one of the this gen consoles?
  • Is it telling that less than 10 people here own any one of the this gen consoles?

1gniBZZ.jpg
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Updated chart:

gkykrAe.jpg
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I couldn't be arsed with the rest of this thread, but I do need to do my bit for the MS.

Master System.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I couldn't be arsed with the rest of this thread, but I do need to do my bit for the MS. Master System.

Fucking Hipster :-)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Is it telling that less than 10 people here own any one of the this gen consoles?

I'm pretty sure I have more than ten people from here on my friends list from here that have an xbox one. I'm almost certain more than ten have a ps4 to. They just haven't posted in this thread because they are to busy looking at all the shiny graphics (or raging at bf4)
  • davyK wrote:

I'm pretty sure I have more than ten people from here on my friends list from here that have an xbox one. I'm almost certain more than ten have a ps4 to. They just haven't posted in this thread because they are to busy looking at all the shiny graphics (or raging at bf4)

According to the PS4 thread, at least 26 people have a PS4. Not sure about Xbox One take up on the forum.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Ah - OK - thought that if any forum were to have plenty of members with this gen consoles at this point it would be this one.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    ostl.jpg

Go Wii U!

We'll ignore the fact that we're a bunch of video game nerds and the other two systems have been out for a fraction of the time.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Can someone figure out the total spend on the consoles we've owned, and again at current day value.
  • dr-evil-pinky-o.gif
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I bet the current day value of all our consoles put together could have paid for our own private bear and badger island.  But then we would have nothing to talk about because we wouldn't have played any games.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    We'd probably have a bear island and a badger island with cunts either side arguing which is the best
  • Lord of the Flies
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Lord of the Flies

Swallows and Amazons: Paul rewards DS with an online shopping spree.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!