XBLA
  • Can't wait! :-)

Actually I'm torn, if I should carry on playing the Saturn version or wait for HD remake.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Wait for the remake and play the Saturn version that's also included!
  • But I haven't got it NOW! ;-)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • That's win on two fronts.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I caved in and bought Spelunky. So far only got as far as 1-4 before dying. Should be good for short bursts here and there.
  • So like, Xbox Spelunky has co-op? That changes things quite a bit.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I still haven't played much of anything but Spelunky since I got it. I find the lack of forum faith in it...disturbing. 

I did also try to fire up love film on the 'Box repeatedly yesterday but it hung at 'Authenticating'. Anyone else noticed any trouble? Happens on both Netflix US Tunlr DNS and normal auto settings. Have filed a complaint with Lovefilm to check.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Brooks wrote:
    So like, Xbox Spelunky has co-op? That changes things quite a bit.

Local only
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    The first world in Spelunky, after initially seeming so difficult, is actually quite easy, I realised I had to slow down slightly and stop trying to rush everywhere, which made a big difference.

Still not made it to the third world, but the learning curve seems bob on, although being random, you always have to rely on a bit of luck.

Brilliant.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Still trying hard to get the shortcut to World 3 tied down. It adds a lovely little twist to barging through the jungle world that makes actually getting to world 3 decidedly unlikely… I done like it I done do.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    So like, Xbox Spelunky has co-op? That changes things quite a bit.
    Local only

Fuck it then.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Xbox LIVE Arcade   Release Date  MS Points
    Quantum Conundrum (Square Enix)  11-Jul  1200
    Zuma’s Revenge! (PopCap)  11-Jul  800
    Dungeon Fighter Live (Microsoft)  13-Jul  800
    Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD (Activision)  18-Jul  1200

Game Add-ons  Release Date  MS Points
    Babel Rising: Sky’s the Limit DLC (Ubisoft)  11-Jul  240
    Mass Effect 3: Earth Multiplayer Expansion (Electronic Arts)  17-Jul  FREE

Deal of the Week  Discount Dates  Price
    Bethesda  10-Jul to 16-Jul   
    Oblivion Shivering Isles     1200 (50% off)
    Oblivion Knights of the Nine     400 (50% off)
    Fallout 3 Mother Ship Zeta     400 (50% off)
    Fallout 3 Point Lookout     400 (50% off)
    Fallout 3 Broken Steel     400 (50% off)
    Fallout 3 The Pit     400 (50% off)
    Fallout 3 Operation: Anchorage     400 (50% off)

Ubisoft  17-Jul to 23-Jul   
    Might & Magic Clash of Heroes I’m the Boss! DLC     120 (50% off)
    Scott Pilgrim Knives Chau DLC Pack     80 (50% off)
    RUSE Pack of the Rising Sun     400 (50% off)
    RUSE The Chimera Pack     280 (50% off)

Special Sales  Discount Dates  Price
    Microsoft Studios Arcade Sale  10-Jul to 16-Jul   
    Toy Soldiers Cold War     600 (50% off)
    Hydrophobia     200 (50% off)
    Section 8 Prejudice     600 (50% off)
    The Splatters     400 (50% off)
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane     600 (50% off)
  • Fallout 3 would be cheaper if you ordered the GOTY edition, but I guess this is mainly for plugging gaps.
  • Repetitive sale syndrome setting in, Hydrophobia at 200? It don't matter if you half, third or quarter that frigger, nobodies buying. Get bloody Alan Wake:AN or I Am Alive discounted.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Is it not inevitable that this Spelunky malarkey will get the half-price treatment at some point in the hopefully not too distant future?
  • Autumn/Winter i'd wager
  • I'll probably wait.

That Deadlight thing looks nice, when's it out?
  • I killed a queen bee. Yeah. Serves it right.
  • I'm considering The Splatters at 400 points.  Looked decent when I saw a video a while back.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Edge gave The Splatters an 8, which compelled me to buy it, they also compared it to Trials...
    It didn't really grip me, might be better with some leaderboard action.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd be on Alan Wake:AN like a Brooks on Pynchon if it got half-priced.
  • So I'm playing the Sperlunky demo. Not sure whether to buy it or not. It seems pretty good, but I'm not very good at it. I've not managed to get pas 1-3 after quite a few plays.

I guess it gets easier as you get used to it, but do you always have to play from 1-1 again? I can't see myself progressing much if that's the case.

On the plus side, it's a pretty generous demo. I've been playing it for ages.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Repetitive sale syndrome setting in, Hydrophobia at 200? It don't matter if you half, third or quarter that frigger, nobodies buying. Get bloody Alan Wake:AN or I Am Alive discounted.
    Actually, I was thinking of getting it for that.  The water effects interest me.

I'm having trouble staying interested in Sperlunky for long enough to get anywhere.  I think I'm still in the tutorial.  It is a puzzle game, once it gets going, isn't it?

Anyway, Quantum Conundrum's out tomorrow, fuck everything else.
  • Birdorf wrote:
    Edge gave The Splatters an 8, which compelled me to buy it, they also compared it to Trials... It didn't really grip me, might be better with some leaderboard action.

Downloading the demo, hopefully I'll make my mind up based on that, rather than just buying it 'cos it's cheap whether I like the trial or not, which I've done on occasion.  Scott Pilgrim, The Maw, Comic Jumper and and Bastion spring to mind, although Bastion turned out to be excellent and I've not played the first two long enough to judge. 

Did anyone play Switchball?  It's knocking on a bit now but I fancy something like that and I've just noticed it's only 400 points (not sure if that's permanent).
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    For 200 points I'm thinking of getting Hydrophobia because I actually feel sorry for the devs now.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    weadre wrote:
    So I'm playing the Sperlunky demo. Not sure whether to buy it or not. It seems pretty good, but I'm not very good at it. I've not managed to get pas 1-3 after quite a few plays. I guess it gets easier as you get used to it, but do you always have to play from 1-1 again? I can't see myself progressing much if that's the case. On the plus side, it's a pretty generous demo. I've been playing it for ages.

When you finish 1-4 you'll meet a little dude who will build you a shortcut if you start giving him the bits he asks for. It does become far more natural to get around (took me a disappointingly long time to find out you could run ropes downwards as well as up if you go to the edge of a platform and crouch; makes long drops a bit less dangerous) and I'm still learning new little tricks or drops (loot from a Wasp Queen almost makes it worth trying to kill the bitch for example…)
    Perma death is mitigated a little when you can jump to the next world to start instead of always going from The caves but to get decent points you would need to go from the start to finish I reckon. 

I've just managed to get a World 3 shortcut sorted now and have seen the wonders of World 4.. briefly. You should all buy it for 2400MS points let alone wait till it goes down. hehe
  • Mod74 wrote:
    For 200 points I'm thinking of getting Hydrophobia because I actually feel sorry for the devs now.
    I got it when it was 400, it's certainly worth it at 200, but while the water effects are nicely done, I really cannot remember any other redeeming qualities. Be warned, the plan for this was to be episodic so don't expect a resolution.

GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Quantum Conundrum day!
  • Why do people think super metroid is better than shadow complex?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Because they think it is. People are generally right :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!