XBLA
  • Better map, more varied areas, better visual design, lack of terrible story etc
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    Quantum Conundrum day!
    What is this?
  • New release dates list and still no JSR. They must have hit some kind of issue for it to be taking so long!
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Quantum Conundrum day!
    What is this?

New game from Portal creator.
  • isanbard wrote:

(took me a disappointingly long time to find out you could run ropes downwards as well as up if you go to the edge of a platform and crouch; makes long drops a bit less dangerous) and I'm still learning new little tricks or drops (loot from a Wasp Queen almost makes it worth trying to kill the bitch for example…)

I've got on the final level and realised none of those things. Oh dear, that would have cut out at least 500 of my deaths.

• isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Spent most the morning trying to get the world 4 unlock too. That'll be forcing my score to go up at least. Bastards! I did notice the leader board complete time is <5mins. Sweet jesus..  

It's impressive the way they can quite subtly change the focus of the game with these little 'quests' that are ultimately entirely optional.

Also managed to unlock my first new character in the mines too. Snazzy.  
    There's still so much to get done though how in the hell I'm going to kill me a big ol' fish has still got me puzzled. Jolly good.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Have you fought one of the knights yet?

Wondering what the best way is to kill the shop-keepers?

I basically went from 2-1 to 4-3 in one go last night. All I was trying to actually do was to obtain a shotgun to give to the tunnelguy at the end of 2-4. Found the ice world exceedingly easy, but this may have been the random levels that I received.

Quantum Conundrum tonight - great times on Live.
  • What does it mean when it says 'Avatar award unlocked' or something like that? I'd assumed it would make a new character available, but it doesn't seemed to have.
  • JonB wrote:
    What does it mean when it says 'Avatar award unlocked' or something like that? I'd assumed it would make a new character available, but it doesn't seemed to have.

Some clothes or an item for your avatar, like a t-shirt or something. In the avatar editor is a section for rewards.

I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Knights you say? Doesn't immediately ring a bell, what world we be talking here?

Shopkeepers are a bit of a lottery I found. Best tactic was to get hold of a boomerang (easy to find in 2) and whip him gooood if he's standing down low. Bingo. One shotty. 
    You can get lucky with a whip and then blow him away with his own gun too but that tends to end quickly.. 
    If possible you want to do this on world 2-4 as the shopkeepers like to hold a bit of a grudge. Don't do as I did and try to go through to the black-market shortcut. There be a lot of angry dudes in there once you're a marked man. 
    I like the little bonus effects too. Have you tried dropping stuff down the chimney of a house you find in world 2 some times? Ho ho ho. 
    Sacrificial gifts of all kinds… too much to do.

World 3 does seem to be quite easy, quite often but you still have to be pretty careful. The world drop is ever present as a risk and most of the basic enemies in there can guarantee death with one slip up. You do seem to either clear it fast or die… faster. 

World 4 to date (brief visits naturally) has been a pretty vicious combination of most of what had come before with bonus extra death threats. 

Doing it all on one life will take a bit of practice then…

Edit @Jon: My avatar is now sporting a lantern hat. It was an option chosen for me by a 5yr old.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    You get a couple of fancy hats and a T-shirt. Just about the only things I've unlocked.
    Not got through the jungle yet.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    What does it mean when it says 'Avatar award unlocked' or something like that? I'd assumed it would make a new character available, but it doesn't seemed to have.
    Some clothes or an item for your avatar, like a t-shirt or something. In the avatar editor is a section for rewards.

You can see them on the Mini dash as well unless I've gone bonkers.
  • isanbard wrote:
    Knights you say? Doesn't immediately ring a bell, what world we be talking here?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I bought the Avengers Chronicles DLC for Pinball FX2 the other day (800MSP) and it seems to be another decent addition to the collection. I have particularly enjoyed the World War Hulk table so far... also, it was confirmed on the Xbox Forums that it qualifies for the July Xbox Live Rewards superheros offer, which is for 200MSP back :-D
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Don't play Pinball FX as much as I should.
    I noticed your scores last time I booted it up, they made me sad.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Stopharage wrote:
    isanbard wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Hmm… Odd but I usually get boom boom in that situation as you mention as the crown is worth a pretty penny anyway. Must have been the odds that I've never actually done it under those circumstances. Evening job engaged!

Ping over invites too lad naturally. Dunno why I wouldn't have you on the list already!
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:
    Don't play Pinball FX as much as I should. I noticed your scores last time I booted it up, they made me sad.

well, my scores for the Avengers Chronicles tables (other than World War Hulk) are pretty low just now ;-)
  • I've reached world 3 a couple of times now - getting the hang of the jungle very gradually. At the moment though it's still just a case of surviving rather than getting much treasure. Enjoying it lots all the same for the most part.
  • Still not even managed to get past the demo! Got as far as 1-4. how mandy levels are there in a world?
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
  • Olimite wrote:
    Quantum Conundrum day!

I've just read the Eurogamer review and am worried.
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Too often, the satisfaction of figuring out the solution to one of Quantum Conundrum's fine puzzles is soured by the frustration of trying and failing, again and again, to enact your solution.

Downloading the demo as I write this.  Fingers crossed it's not as bad as they make out.
  • Played 20 minutes of The Splatters, which was enough to convince me it's worth 400 points.  Seems like a reasonably shameless cross between Peggle and Angry Birds, but it'll do nicely for a rainy day at some point.
  • Okay, that's the third time I've lost what I was writing about Quantum Conundrum, fuck writing it all again.

It doesn't seem too bad, but I don't feel I'd be happy if I paid 1200pts for it. Scientist-uncle is immensely irritating and the puzzles don't feel like they'll be much cop.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Wash your mouth out, scientist uncle is John De Lancie, Q himself!

That said, 1200 is a little steep and I actually enjoyed playing Zuma's Revenge more! Might buy that and The Splatters. Leaves me enough for THPSHD next week.
  • Just played the Quantam Conundrum demo and it was ok but, as mentioned already, 1200 is a bit steep. I also found the jumping onto the objects towards the end very frustrating which put me off.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Splurged 800 points on ten great indie games over the last two nights. The list;

Leave Home (worth the 800 points on it's own imo)
    Score Rush
    Infinity Danger
    Abaddon Retribution

From Radiangames;

JoyJoy
    Crossfire 2
    Inferno
    Fireball
    Fluid

Oh, and Applejack 2.
  • The more I play Spelunky the more I find it just a bit too stingy with the weapons, items and bombs. And the cost of stuff in the shops is a bit much.

To open the shortcut to world 3 I now need a specific item, which I've not been in possession of once since I started playing the game. I've seen them in shops a few times, but haven't had the money (I'm guessing I might have to kill a shopkeeper, but that seems virtually impossible atm). It's a bit of a downer really.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    You can get that from the guys who are trapped in a small 'box' with two cases in some levels too. Blowing into them from above with bombs and dropping a bomb in direct seems to often work quite well. 
    Shopkeepers go down best if you have a weapon of some sort to help out (boomerangs in particular work well in world 2, just keep spinning it at him 'till he drops some loot). Shopkeepers will hold a grudge in every subsequent though so make sure you get to the end of prepared for a scuffle…
    The world 4 shortcut is going to be a bitch to get sorted and I spent a good ol' while last night trying. 

I did find that one of the most useful items was the compass. Normally pretty cheap and can sort you out a lot if you end up in a dark world. 
    The glasses seem to show you where quite a bit of the loot is hidden in normal level blocks so could pay for itself pretty quick too. The weird gem thing you get from the locked crates in the mines seems to do a similar thing but it also seems to flash when you're near secret entrances to places (needs citation…)

Bugger it. All this talk has got me going.. where's me controller??
  • Splurged 800 points on ten great indie games over the last two nights. The list; Leave Home (worth the 800 points on it's own imo)

good man.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!