isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    You got it a bit wrong guv! Understandable I see and either a weird co-incidence or seems some sneaky get has set that up? 

The one I use is tunlr.net and has some permanently free ethos. Seems to still work fine for me too as of yesterday. 

Edit: TOTP - summary; Tunlr.net lets you get access to US netflix on 360. Don't think it works on Wii or PS3 though. 
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Ahh, right. Brilliant thanks. I'm kinda happy with the UK version as I'm just watching Always Sunny at the moment (which aint on US) but I mentioned to a couple of mates and they want the deets.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Happy to help chief. I've got the UK Netflix on my iphone, PS3 and brand spanking new wifi enabled Viera-tron now so the US access on the Xbox comes in handy. Best of both worlds. 
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • If I sign up to Netflix would I be able to use these dodgy router shenanigans to get the 360 onto US Netflix and keep the PS3 on the UK one from the same account at the same time?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yup.

Netflix apparently don't give a flying fuck which country library you use as long as you pay them a bill somewhere.
  • Oli, would you mind adding me to the list, cheers. Same as my name on here. 
    Errr, despite my Live profile, I am a chap. Don't ask..
  • Is anyone else having an 'output protection error' issue with Netflix. After 20 or 30 minutes a box pops up with this 'output protection error' and the screen goes black. Apparently it has something to do with HDCP signal that protects copyrighted content over HDMI. Never had an issue with it before, so I am wondering why it is happening now? I did think it was to do with mucking around with the DNS settings but it happens on the automatic settings too.
  • Seems my 360 was delivered last night while I was out, just unboxed it now

First (this time around anyway) impressions.

Rather suprised they still have that stupid power brick, and I'm amazed at how weird the pad feels, have obviously gotten used to the sticks being next to each other.

Fucking batteries for the controller as well, the PS3 is a much more elegant piece of kit all round I think. Will have to get one of those play & charge things at some point. Hidden costs, tsk.

At least it takes a standard HDMI cable rather than some proprietary swindle.

Nice to have too many USB ports rather than not enough as well, looks a much more solid bit of kit than the original ones as well.

I'm guessing I'll have to wait until Tuesday before I can get MS Support to try and reclaim my gamertag, am I right in thinking my gold membership is for one gamertag not one machine?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Don't get play & charge, will probably break within a year. Get some rechargeable batteries instead. 
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What Nina says. Those play and charge kits are rubbish, rechargeable batteries are a much better investment.

In fact, since I've started using rechargeable batteries in my joypads, I've gone off built in batteries altogether. The ability to just swap out the batteries when needed and to be able to easily buy more when your current ones stop holding their charge is far more useful to me than saving a few cubic centimetres in bulk.
  • adored said:

I'm amazed at how weird the pad feels, have obviously gotten used to the sticks being next to each other.

Fucking batteries for the controller as well, the PS3 is a much more elegant piece of kit all round I think. Will have to get one of those play & charge things at some point. Hidden costs, tsk.

Are you insane??  I guess it's nearly time for us to have the "pad is more natural" conversation here, but I'm sure you'll adjust to it instantly and notice it's better.  Being able to put your own batteries in the controller is a billion times better too; no more dodgy Sony batteries crapping out and requiring a new controller!
  • Well, I've never had any issues with my Dualshock, but I guess they all die eventually.

As for the pad, I'm sure I will get used to it, the PS3 was the first Sony console I ever bought, so I'd always been used to MS / Nintendo pads before that, but I have to say, the sticks being better does seem preferable, although the sticks themselves are better on the 360.
  • Ballbags, spoke to some chap at MS and without me getting through security they can't even look at my account to try and re-set it.

My security question was favourite fictional character, fuck knows what I'd have put there.

Looks like I'll need a new gt and have to re-purchase Rez. Ballbags!
  • My gamertag is CookerSiamang35 wtf?

Oh, I can change it, that's a relief.

Can this onscreen keyboard be switched to a QWERTY?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Settings>>System>>Region>>Keyboard>>QWERTY (from memory)

Thirded on the "don't buy a play and charge kit". My original one was fine but the one I have now came with the fancy silver controller (£25, natch) and it's fucking shit. Stick to 4 AAs and a wall charger, 2 in 2 out. Try and get something in the 2000mah+ range.

• Wired controller is worth thinking about rather than rechargeable batteries, depends on how you're set up with kids and/or pets. Works on the PC too.
  • Hmm, re-chargeable batteries, how very retro.

Currently procrastinating about whether to go with adored74 for consistency or use one of the suggestions the 360 is chucking at me, quite like TetchedHeart, not so sure about OozyManatee.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You can use the wireless one on a PC, you just need to get a receiver.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    adored said:

Hmm, re-chargeable batteries, how very retro.

I guess, on the plus side as long as you're using 2 in 2 out you'll always have power ready to go to carry on playing instead of sitting on the floor dangling the controller out of the front of the PS3 using that tiny lead they give you.
  • All seems a bit of a faff, might just stock up on batteries from Ikea or something.

Gone with adored74 for my new gamertag, all those precious achievements lost forever, sniff.
  • Rechargeable all the way. My play and charge gave up the ghost after a year for no apparent reason. Is the most flexible solution and the batteries always come in handy for other devices around the house, bathroom scales, torch, clocks, dildo...
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • OK important stuff now, should I buy my avatar a pair of Gazelles?<br>
  • I really should have bought a game with this thing, where's Forza 4 cheapest these days?<br>
  • Webbins wrote:
    Rechargeable all the way. My play and charge gave up the ghost after a year for no apparent reason. Is the most flexible solution and the batteries always come in handy for other devices around the house, bathroom scales, torch, clocks, dildo...
  • Well that worked well, and my knowledge of the delineation between types of sex toy will now never be known by the wider forum.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    adored wrote:
    I really should have bought a game with this thing, where's Forza 4 cheapest these days?

£23 from 101CD

Or £25 from Amazon

http://gamespider.co.uk/fetchPrices.php?id=B0053WH47W
  • Gremill wrote:
    Good man!  Gamertag?

adored74

Your list is full. Everybody's list is full.

I'll only ever have Mod's Trials times to try and beat [/sobs]
  • adored wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Good man!  Gamertag?

adored74

Your list is full. Everybody's list is full.

I'll only ever have Mod's Trials times to try and beat [/sobs]

Add me I am not 74 I am 87, nu generation winna
  • Your Trials times say otherwise junior!

OK, I might only have beaten one of your times on an easy track, but hey, it's a start!
  • Nemesis set.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!