Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fuck the next gen.
  • Yup. I'm waiting till there's more than one game, on either system, that I want SO BAD.

Probably around Christmas time, then, I'll pick up a sub £300 pack with a few games and play titan fall all by myself
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    New Trials would be the ultimate challenge for me, if most of those who play it have gone next-gen by that point.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I'm still standing, even if it is mainly due to a lack of money.

I'm still standing too.. mainly due to lack of anything I want to play.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Thinking about it again, Tittyballs is probably gonna be just as playable on 360: source engine, so doesn't need über grunt, 6v6 with server-side bots, so maybe some concessions on number of bots but can handle player count fine. Respawn are gonna want as many sales as possible, so if they've the sense (and decent amount of control in the contract), they'll be making sure the pc and 360 versions are still damn good, as that's where the huge install bases are.
  • Yeah, I keep forgetting I've got a 360 and can get a pretty good idea of what it's like from that.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Except respawn aren't devs for 360. It's like gman said, either it's identical, or it's borked. I think the Bono will get preferential treatment on the server side. It is a flagship programme. Also, there is something about the first big mp on a new platform. That's what i'd be paying 400 quid for, that experience. Experiences over products, every time.
    I know, it was outsourced to Bluepoint; but Respawn not being numpties, they know there's a huge install base of 360s out there and want to sell as many copies as possible, hence I'd have to presume they'd have a fair hand in choosing the outsourcer and have a very vested interest in making sure the xbox360 version is up to scratch. Course, all depends on how much of a hand in it EA allowed them to have - and given Respawn seemed a little surprised/miffed at the exclusivity when it was announced (with the implication being that it was EA's choice rather than theirs) - then maybe Respawn didn't manage to write a huge amount of control into the contract (beyond the "keeping IP" concession).

Time and reviews will tell I suppose.
  • That price is great, not perfect, but will shift units. It's hit me on the jaw, but the knees have held.  I love the look of Tittyfall & I love Mechs & the gameplay seems to be a fresh breath in a stagnant room.  370 bullies tho is still a rather hefty spend for one game, if Halo 5 was this year, I'm pretty sure I'd be hearing a 10 count now tho.

For the mo I'll stick to the excellent Giles Goddards Sub Wars on 3DS for my very different & fresh FPS kinks & keep the TV gaming window free for Dark Souls 2.  

Kudos to Microsoft tho, I thinks it's great to see such aggresive business manourves again with the One, they are detemined to not fuck this adoption stage.  If they ripped Kinnect, the internet(except resi hoe's) would explode.  Nintendo should be taking notes.
  • Not quite sold on either machine but hopefully tittyfall (dear lord, we really are just teenage boys at heart) gets the same following gears 1 had. I was late to that party but it was quite welcoming, not just here but online in general. There was a buzz to it that felt fresh and vibrant with no other multiplayer game being as welcoming (for me anyway) Although early 360 online had a lovely charm all to itself that microsoft lost and Sony never really had.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I've buckled, £370 for a 'bone with Titty was far too tempting. Everyone has their price.
    After giving Tittyfall the eye for a bit, I'm back out. I want to give Dark Souls 2 all of my limited attention. I'd like to think I can now hold out for a pre Christmas price drop on the Bone, or at least more good games to be available for both machines.
    Stay focused man.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm giving DS2 the swerve now, I'll jump in later. Don't have time for both.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Although early 360 online had a lovely charm all to itself that microsoft lost and Sony never really had.

You obviously werent around for warhawk, mag, uc2, wipeout hd, tekken dr.
    There were loads on burnout and cod 4 too.
    Great times........The best of times.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I'm still standing. But I must admit that the £370 price tag made me wobble slightly. The more I see of the fixes to party chat and UI are making me reconsider an XBone. 
    Is the download/patches speed still slow?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I was around for all those dave - just didnt find
    the community love was quute the same. Too many silent games compared to what was on offer on live. Its not to say that the ps3 hasnt given me excellemt online gaming but the atmosphere never wws as good. For me anyway.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Bundling a mic was the master stroke by MS, amazing that the people making the One hadn't realised that.
  • Can we please stop reminiscing about the early LIVE days. My pile is big enough to keep me going for some time without me considering selling it all to jump on the next gen to be disappointed and want to rebuy everything!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Gonzo wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    I was around for all those dave - just didnt find the community love was quute the same. Too many silent games compared to what was on offer on live. Its not to say that the ps3 hasnt given me excellemt online gaming but the atmosphere never wws as good. For me anyway.
    I think people who were around in the early days of live who, like me, tried warhawk and mag, were able to compare properly. Dave's too blinkered to compare rationally. That said, the early days of live were soon gone, replaced by parties, so it's academic, except that even then the 360 scene was mildly better than ps3. Mag was pretty telling, little coms, no real tactics. It couldn't even compare to halo 2 in the early days of 360, with nmd, face and so on barking strategies, orders, call outs. Partly was the game, which was too big. Overall, i'd say seasoned 360 mp shooter fans are much better online play communicators

I think Dave may have misunderstood what I meant. It wasnt the games that were bad, it was as you put it, the early beginings of a scene (which is usually the best bit). It wasnt that Gears 1 was so good (although I still enjoy it, even sp) but that it was so the right game at the right time. Team play only, enough people on live to draw a crowd  but not too much to overwhelm and a good learning curve. For me, nothing has matched those first few months of online, although games like CoD got way more game time from me. A touch of lightning in a bottle really. I just meant that it would be great if Titanfall creates a similar vibe.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    The halo 2 formula.

Also Uncharted 2's. 4 vs. 3/4 until a few mans buggered off, and then against randoms. Bit of WipEout until the numbers arrived.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    3 GAMES and XBONE £419.99  http://www.hotukdeals.com/visit?m=163&q=1839606 seems legit....
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I thought this thread was gonna be some sort of support group for people who don't need the next gen. Instead,I find my self adding up how much I'd get from cex for the pile of stuff I've yet to play. :(
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yes, damn all y'all filthy temptresses with your siren songs of cheapness.

I'm playing Mark of the Ninja. It's very good indeed.
  • I'm playing Resogun, it's fucking great. And they gave it away, huh.
  • It's no Mark of the Ninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    'Free', yes, and you only had to buy a £350 box plus a year's PS+ to get it. I paid about £250 for my 360 however many years ago and got MotN in a sale for a few quid. I win, JMW.
  • I got Super Metroid for 30 cents.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    I thought this thread was gonna be some sort of support group for people who don't need the next gen.
    Yeah, this thread is not for people who cave in - as soon as that happens you can fuck off to the appropriate next-gen console thread. We don't want your kind around here.

Ok everyone, I know our numbers are dwindling, but stay strong. In fact, fuck it. Next gen is still too shit to be tempting.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    As good as Titanfall looks, it's still too expensive. Once these things get to under £250 then they're going to get seriously tempting.
  • I found out yesterday that Origin will give you your money back if you return Titanfall within 24 hours, if it doesn't run well. So that's a no-risk way I can try it on my laptop then.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!