Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    The random factor is an issue. Never played uc2 beyond a brief dip, but mechanically it seemed a poor man's gears.

I don't have the experience to refute that, but Uncharted 2 inspired me to try and improve until everyone stopped playing it. My favourite thing was the ability to card-count enemy positions based on advanced knowledge of its spawn system. Mid-air shooting initiated generous auto-aiming, so acrobatic play was very much encouraged.

There was a camera quirk, where you could rotate it much faster by quickly turning your character's heading in the opposite direction first. Using this to its best advantage required you to predict around-corner dangers.

I don't think its dev team even realised how well they nailed these things. Lucky accidents, I now believe. I would've driven all the way to Bristol to play it in a LAN joint.

Good posts, Knight. Reassuring reads. Fighting games are among the few to still offer a pure test, but even they are increasingly falling to the levellers and ranters.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    Read Bounce by Matthew syed.

I thought that was about small regional pockets of innate, environ-blessed talent?

I'm not down on FPSes entire, by the way. Recent examples of 'em.
  • Gears 3 has been one of my MP highlights if for no other reason than it had dedicated servers and bots to fill the very brief gaps.

I know a lot dont like drop in/out but if you dont have a regular team it can make playing a lot less of a ballache. I guess it depends if you want to properly compete or just happy to kill an evening.
  • Original Gears 1&2 played with the Edge crowd, way back at the start of the 360's life, will IMO never ever be beaten. Regular crowd, people waiting at the dashboard for hrs to get a game. The banter. The tears. The fall outs. Fucking brilliant. The Xbox One needs to recapture that somehow.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Gonzo you had that way to handy.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Yeah Gears OG was an afterthought; 2 kids designed it, then cliffy b swooped in for 2, because when he tried the mp he got buttraped.

Lol really? There's always been talk that Halo 1's multiplayer (which according to people who've been around 'competitive' halo since the beginning is the best multiplayer halo) was basically a fluke, with maps made in next to no time and the Pistol's 3 shot kill (which was key to the game working) an accident.
    GT: Knight640
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    On the PS3, we had a pink-slippered panda patron and some flying ships. The melodious voicework of Suhawk and eje. Disco Rock and Davie's crisps.
  • one thing that annoys aout ps4 is the lack of voice chat.

I hate what party chat did to 360, I just wish there was a mode in games restricted to voice chatters, when I first went online with PGR3 it was a whole new experience.
    Or the cod 4 days, yes there were twats, but that was part of the fun.
    Knowing the voice/attitude etc of the person you are playing against makes the game much sweeter.

Gears really took it to a new level with the mid round lobby after you kicked it. then seeing the player who merked you, die, then into the lobby still bitter.

These days its just a co-op free free for all ghost town in almost all games.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Also PGR3 Cat and Mouse mode remains the pinnacle of online racers.

Fuck off forza.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Taking a piss was a nightmare with Curtis starting the rounds.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Ah yes Cat and mouse. Genius.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Everyone gets better at competitive games if they stick around, except Mr benjam
    Its MR BENJAM - the Paulo Wanchope of live!
    Titanfall feels like the new OG, I'll have it the day its out.
  • All good thank you, the kids play Lego games and yes the b button is prominent.
    To be honest I'm trying to limit their exposure to the xbone through fear it'll become a 'family' item rather than just MINE!
  • You can almost smell a reunion in here!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Winrat's all talk and no trousers.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've buckled, £370 for a 'bone with Titty was far too tempting. Everyone has their price.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Who's left standing? Just me?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Join uuuusssssssss...
  • Vela wrote:
    Who's left standing? Just me?

Me, you and Elton John.
    £370 with Tittyballs is a fine price really though.
  • monkey wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Me, you and Elton John. £370 with Tittyballs is a fine price really though.

Then it is here we shall make our stand.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I wobbled but stood firm.
  • I walked past a PS4 in the shops the other day. Well, there were a couple in stock. $549 AUD is something I could *almost* get away with as a purchase but I'd cop a good eye rolling for a month if I did.

But at the moment 3DS is sucking all my spare time away. Between Bravely Default and Animal Crossing I have no time for anything else right now.

It's fantastic to get stuck right into something like these games. I'm sure similar games will exist if not already for those systems, but this time right now is the first time in a long time I've had no desire ("need") for new hardware no matter how tempting.

I think I'm more at the point where I need to get the money's worth out of what I have.

PS4 is probably now only going to be bought if/when the PS3 fails as that is currently my bluray player.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm still standing, even if it is mainly due to a lack of money.
  • If that's the reason, it's smarter to wait til they start with attractive multi bundles. For less than current rrp.

My guess is Easter and Christmas packs will come and be pretty spiffy. Launch period prices are rarely worth paying in hindsight.
  • Vela wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Me, you and Elton John. £370 with Tittyballs is a fine price really though.
    Then it is here we shall make our stand.
    I'm still in the "can't justify the price of either yet" gang.
    £370 Tittyfall is a little tempting, but there's nowt else I particularly want so I'm not spending £370 for one game. Price drops already is pretty promising, hopefully they'll both be competing heavily for the 2014 holiday dollar so well get another price drop and/or good value bundles before Chrimbo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!