The not buying an XBone/PS4 thread of waiting for all this to blow over
  • Demos these days cost 40 quid/90 dollars only you cant return them if they have a code.

I hear battlefield 4 is only a demo at the moment.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    :D
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • djchump wrote:
    Ahaha, Kings Heath kebab houses - now there's an inside joke and a half! :-D

Ah kingsheath. Not 3 miles from me.
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    djchump wrote:

Kings Heath Brum?

• I have been playing that today.
    It is ok, I will probably switch to Easy mode to see it through, not that it is that hard on Normal anyway.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    djchump wrote:

Kings Heath Brum?
    Yep. I live in lovely Longbridge by the old Rover factory.
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ahh a fellow Brummy? I used to live right in the city and when I was being good used to run around Canon Hill Park. Moseley is also a good night out.
  • Yep born and bread in Great Barr. My wife does the sat morn Cannon Hill park run. Moseley rocks for eating out. Great Thai and a Jamaican place.
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Think we can start a brumstock mate :-)

The Moroccan place is great plus the pub crawl from the Cross to the prince of Wales then end up at the Moseley Dance Centre if you've had too much to drink :-D
  • Why not. Lets do it!
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Right then...
  • heh - I used to work at the Prince ;-)
  • Moseley dance centers long been closed.

If you want a worked in pubs in Moseley off, I've done O'neills, the fighting cocks, couple of shifts Pat kavs, the bulls head, and a brief stint at the hogs head.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Moseley dance centers long been closed.

Boo!

But probably not tbf :-)
  • n0face wrote:
    All off to Snobs then.
  • That's not got long left.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    n0face wrote:
    All off to Snobs then.

Nooooo!!!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    As in an awful difficulty spike or a spike of awfulness?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The last couple of hours of Bioshock Infinite are shite! Let's throw more & more enemies at you. How very novel.
  • I nearly gave up on the final battle of Infinite. Probably tried about 5 times, each one more irritating than the last, but thankfully made it in the end. It's a shit finale to the action, especially given the lack of check points, and a pointless barrier to seeing the ending of the narrative.
  • Well, I think I've made my decision.

Wii U is obviously staying - I love Nintendo first party, and even if this system winds up with a lifespan like the Dreamcast (worst case scenario) it will still be one worth having played. X, Bayonetta 2, a new Zelda and the possibilities of Galaxy 3 and maybe another Metroid will do lovely.

I won't touch an XBox One. Ive had too many shit experiences with MS products to even entertain the idea of that.

PS4 I will get when the following criteria have been met, and not before:
    The Phantom Pain is out. A new Oddworld is confirmed. The UK developed PES turns out good. A new Souls game is released. WipEout. Last Guardian.

Other desirables: Beyond Good and Evil 2, Metronome, and games like Thief/The Order turn out good too.

PS2 BC support via emulator for discs will make it a dead certainty.

I'd like to think that's a plausible list (Metronome aside).
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • i nearly got a big shove towards a next gen jump when i thought my ps3 was dead, but fortunately a combination of google and the safe mode menus brought it back to life!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message

Those on the fence - just over a month and we'll see what the two Xbone updates bring and how good Titanfall is eh?

Not directed at anyone in particular.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • There's a lot of people here who are never likely to be swayed by an on-line shooter.

As for the updates, I still can't believe MS launched a machine that so obviously needed them. Not working as well as the 360 at a lot of things isn't something they can have wanted spread over social media.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Of course they and Sony and Ninty have launch consoles with missing features. We've just had near on ten years where the culture has been led by bonuses and not quality...we've also had seven years of what was originally released improving. Neither the 360 or the 3 look anything like what they did when they were released.

Maybe, that first Batman game restored some faith, though.

I'll cave for strict exclusives.

I might buy a dreamcast, there are still games getting released for it.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh well finally hanging up my Xbox Live Gold membership, after being a member since year one, whenever that was.

The only thing I still play online on my 360 is MW3, if I want a bit of CoD action I'm sure I will be able to pick up Ghosts for PS4 for £20 soon.

It was pretty much a given when I got the PS4 I suppose, now having a Vita, PS3, PS4, Wii U and 3DS I really can't see how I can fit anything else into that.

MS will have to come up with something really special for me to get another machine.
  • You can get Ghosts for £30 with one of the £20 PS3 + £10 upgrade code deals atm fyi.
  • Ghosts is a complete waste of money at any price.

rancid stuff

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm never taking Ghosts online with randoms but it's got the only decent local MP, which now includes all the modes with bots etc., plus a quite decent Extinction and Infected. And as long as you keep your online MP to bots and friends, it runs smooth as anything. The antiBF, if you will.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!