PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I just bought it, had to after a recommendation like that. The film hit the right spot for me, I thought it was the best modern western since....Meek's Cutoff? I'm possibly forgetting something in between.

I was all set to reel off a few more recent westerns only to discover they were almost all older than Meek's. Time, eh? The only more recent one that might challenge it is Slow West.
  • Isn’t the main driver
    Spoiler:

Yeah, but I didn’t read that as Sci Fi, just as a fictionalised grounded world setting with a little extravagance. There’s probably an entirely different, deeper, level to the book that I missed if i should have been thinking sci fi? The thing you mention was just the narrative Mcguffin to me - the end point of the tale but not the reason for the journey.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Currently watching RoboCop the remake and and I can't put my finger on it but something's not quite right is it? I mean it should work, it's a stellar cast and there are one or two memorable set pieces - but did they really think they could eclipse the original in any way shape or form? I mean really, what was the point of even trying?

I still reflect regularly on the fact they saved his hand, for no discernible reason. It played no role in the film at all.

You ever tried wanking with a cold titanium robotic hand with a crushing power of 1800 PSI?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Currently watching RoboCop the remake and and I can't put my finger on it but something's not quite right is it? I mean it should work, it's a stellar cast and there are one or two memorable set pieces - but did they really think they could eclipse the original in any way shape or form? I mean really, what was the point of even trying?

I still reflect regularly on the fact they saved his hand, for no discernible reason. It played no role in the film at all.

You ever tried wanking with a cold titanium robotic hand with a crushing power of 1800 PSI?

Yes. Once
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is that why you don't have pants anymore?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Wookienopelvis.
  • Isn’t the main driver
    Spoiler:

Yeah, but I didn’t read that as Sci Fi, just as a fictionalised grounded world setting with a little extravagance. There’s probably an entirely different, deeper, level to the book that I missed if i should have been thinking sci fi? The thing you mention was just the narrative Mcguffin to me - the end point of the tale but not the reason for the journey.

I’m being slightly loose but for me sci fi is a genre where you bend a rule of physics and then see what happens when relatively normal people are set off in that world.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just watched Johnny Mnemonic for the first time. What an impressively bad film it is. Absolutely terrible in pretty much every way, and possibly the worst acting that Keanu Reeves has ever committed to film.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It is truly terrible.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I remember being quite excited about that film, but it didn’t even have the good graces to be something that was good at the time. It’s a proper stinker.
    Get schwifty.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I did see it at the cinema but I don't remember much now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Werewolves Within - what a lot of shite. I knew something was up when the Ubisoft logo appeared at the beginning. I half expected guardposts and towers but I didn't even get that. I got an unfunny and strange kind of whodunit with a werewolf thrown in, which didn't work on any level. Apparently it's based on a game of the same name but I've never heard of it.
  • Kow wrote:
    Werewolves Within - what a lot of shite. I knew something was up when the Ubisoft logo appeared at the beginning. I half expected guardposts and towards but I didn't even get that. I got an unfunny and strange kind of whodunit with a werewolf thrown in, which didn't work on any level. Apparently it's based on a game of the same name but I've never heard of it.

Aww damn the trailer made it look like good fun. I was hyped for that
    PSN - minkymu
  • Constantine is a great Keanu film. As is street kings
    PSN - minkymu
  • Saw black widow last night. Great Marvel film
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That did me a good Chuckle
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Love me some Korg :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I do like the bluntness that he has around Hollywood politics and such too.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I feel like Fast and Furious 9 is a genuine modern masterpiece. It's the pinnacle of big dumb action and I'm not sure it'll ever be topped
  • I am extremely hyped for F9, but waiting to view it at home. It’ll be the first one I haven’t gone to the cinema for.
  • Ah, watching it with family, gotcha.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd prefer to stab myself with anthrax smeared shards of Chernobyl's reactor than ever see another Fast and Furious film.
  • Ah, watching it with family, gotcha.
    Hahahahahahahahaha zing!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I do like the bluntness that he has around Hollywood politics and such too. Also, the more I think about it, the more I feel like Fast and Furious 9 is a genuine modern masterpiece. It's the pinnacle of big dumb action and I'm not sure it'll ever be topped

I can't wait to see this. Love the Fast and Furious movies. Big dumb action is what I want.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow wrote:
    I'd prefer to stab myself with anthrax smeared shards of Chernobyl's reactor than ever see another Fast and Furious film.

I had only ever seen the first one. Didn’t want to watch another. Then I saw Hobbs & Shaw with the wife in the cinema not long ago, which I understand is a F&F spin-off or something, I dunno. Was quite fun. Obviously stupid and silly, but fun. 

I trust Shabby’s judgement, to an extent. Might give F9 a go at some point.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Watched Hobbs and Shaw yesterday.  Stupidest film I've seen in ages.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • H&S was too long for me, but most of the FF films have been great fun.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Kow wrote:

So it’s not just me then.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Never watched an F&F film. The trailers put me off.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!