Now eating/drinking
  • Nick wrote:
    Great idea, and something I'd enthusiastically contribute to. What are some of the greatest hits, mostly?

Your ribs (although I've not done them yet, only just received the book, smoker on the way)
    There's another burger receipe somewhere (Nick again I think), but with beef mince.
    Chicken and Chorizo Fuck you Spain Paella
    Unlikely's Fucking hot peanuts and snacks (scorchio.co.uk)
    Skerret's special sundae
    Turtle pudding
    LiveinaDive's crazy noodle sauce
    My baked fish with lime, chilli, coriander seeds and ginger ;)

There's also a fair few tips as well (poaching eggs in clingfilm, why have I never done that before?)
  • Nick wrote:
    @Reg Well, ribs are always a religious experience but we've done that. How about some lamb? Those burgers I made were 30 mins prep time and tasted amaze. You could even make them the night before your smash up to save shaky-hand time on Saturday. -  Get the best mince you can -  mix in plenty of smoked pap, cumin and black pepper -  form very very loosely into cricket balls -  make squares of cling film and layer them up with a sheet inbetween -  when you put em in the fridge, the weight will make them the right shape next day.. - get your griddle/pan nice and hot - warm plate in the oven - no oil needed whatsoever if nice fatty lamb - shit loads of salt and more pepper as you flip em, about 4 mins each side for rare -  little tip is make a little indentation in the middle with your thumb which stops the juice running out -  rest on warm plate for ten mins when done to make sure all that moisture stays inside Get good buns, that'll hold it all in (brioche are amazing if you can find them). I just made a simple burger spread of mayo mixed with chopped mint, lemon juice and zest and capers. That on one side of the bun and some chilli sace on the other and you got a damn fine burger.

They sound awesome. Definitely going to try that this weekend.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • LiveinaDive's crazy noodle sauce
    Forgot I made that, simplest thing in the world!
  • Maybe noface has a couple of nice homemade pizza recipes too?
  • Nick wrote:

This sounds like some good jacuzzi food. What page is this on?
  • Nick wrote:
    This sounds like some good jacuzzi food. What page is this on?

I have no idea! It might even be on the old Blurum. I'll post it again later..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Link to liveinadive sauce ok thx
  • Great idea, and something I'd enthusiastically contribute to. What are some of the greatest hits, mostly?
    Your ribs (although I've not done them yet, only just received the book, smoker on the way) There's another burger receipe somewhere (Nick again I think), but with beef mince. Chicken and Chorizo Fuck you Spain Paella Unlikely's Fucking hot peanuts and snacks (scorchio.co.uk) Skerret's special sundae Turtle pudding LiveinaDive's crazy noodle sauce My baked fish with lime, chilli, coriander seeds and ginger ;) There's also a fair few tips as well (poaching eggs in clingfilm, why have I never done that before?)

Haha wow you got the smoker and the bible on order? Quality! The state of mine inside now...I love it, it adds its own accumulated flavour to everything.

Good shouts - been going over the thread and there are some more gooduns to dig out. An aubergine cake from Tempy for example, and the Skerret surprise is also a go-to for me now. My beer soaked whole chicken is definitely worth a run out too.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Link to liveinadive sauce ok thx

It's not really a sauce, more a pesto type thing.

For 2 people get together
    1x red chilli (minus stalk)
    1x clove of garlic
    Handful of unsalted Cashews
    Big handful of coriander
    Zest of 1 Lime
    Juice of 1 to 1.5 limes (depending on how juicy they are)
    Glug of toasted sesame oil

Put it all in a food processor until it is a pesto type consistency, if it is a bit dry add more oil or lime juice. Then just stir it into noodles as you would stir pesto into pasta.

It works best with cold noodles. Rice noodles or egg noodles are fine (I prefer rice noodles).

I normally do it with some meaty fish with soy sauce, olive oil, and lots of black pepper. Cooked in the oven, wrapped in a foil parcel for about 15mins on medium heat.

It's a nice summery, light dinner.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here's one I keep forgetting to put up. It gets made about once ever 10 days in our house. Absolute favourite of mine.

Supposedly feeds 4, but if Mrs Reg and I are GOING TO TOWN on it, we can do it ourselves. Can barely move after mind.

Chickpea and Chorizo Stew

You will need - 
    Olive Oil
    2 Large onions - roughly chopped
    400g of chorizo sausage - the type that need to be cooked first. Chop them into 3s
    1 teaspoon crushed chillies
    1 glass of dry sherry
    6 fresh tomatoes - roughly chopped
    2x400g cans of chickpeas
    4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
    parsley

Fresh bread and butter, to serve

Get a big pan, heat up 2-3 tablespoons of oil, and add the onions and garlic. Cook over low/medium heat until onions are soft.

Add sausages, chillis and sherry (white wine will do) and then the tomatoes. Bring to the boil, and add the chickpeas, drained. 

Add a can of water, season, and cook with a lid half on for 45 minutes, until the stew colour is bright red. 

Just before serving, put roughly chopped parsley in.

It's an UTTER DELIGHT.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Live - that's next week's midweek dinner sorted.
  • @reg
    Nice. Obviously if you dont like raw garlic just give that a miss, I know people can be funny about it
  • Nice stew, I frequently make a soup that's essentially the same ingredients in different quantities + a bit of Harissa and a few broad beans.
  • I like the cook book idea I'll come up with some suggestions at some point.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    WINE GUMS
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You might want to raid the blurum for recipes before it finally goes down the toilet.
  • Mmm toilet.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • @Jacuzzi_Jackson

Here you go.

2 firm fillets of white fish (cod or haddock)
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
    2 tsp tamarind paste
    2 slices of lime (drink thickness)
    1/4 red onion thinly sliced
    2 slices of fresh ginger about 5 cm long cut into matchsticks
    2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
    1 large fresh green chilli sliced (seeded or de-seeded depends on taste)
    6 dried curry leaves
    1 tsb ground coriander seeds
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 small knobs of butter

Preheat the over to 180c
    Place the fillets in the centre of a piece of baking parchment and season with salt and pepper
    Smear both with tamarind paste, place the lime slices in the centre and scatter over the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, curry leaves and coriander, drizzle with the oil and stick on the knob of butter.
    Fold the parchment parcels closed and twist the ends so nothing will run out during cooking
    Cook in the over for 15-20 minutes until the fish is cooked thorugh
    Serve with lime wedges (and lemon cous cous is good with this as well)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    You might want to raid the blurum for recipes before it finally goes down the toilet.
    I actually have all the recipes saved from both the other forums. Pictures as well.

Saved everything into a google doc, and wanted to make an Edge Cookbook wordpress site, might clash a bit with the child play's book idea.

Kow's soup with chorizo and chicken and not black pudding has been the best so far. Might make that again soon and make some photos.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Reg is a crook In the kitchen is a crook
    Badgers won't be badgers when they read this post.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I made live in a chinese pesto dive last night, it was good.
  • got in last night and just cooked 8 rashers of bacon. It was delicious.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I hope you just picked them up and gobbled them down like a hungry bird or something.

@Skerret: It was a Battles reference DID YOU GET IT
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    YES I DID TEMPY I DID AND I SHOWED THAT I DID EVERYONE LOOK.  Also, it was?  They were.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • BASTARD CHEF

Not you, that's what the old recipe thread was called.
  • Nick wrote:
    I made live in a chinese pesto dive last night, it was good.

Excellent. It's hardly complex but pretty tasty.
  • Had to sub a few things - no sesame oil so put a load of sesame seeds in the mix with olive oil. Also a little powdered ginger and some honey because I went in on the lime juice. I'd bought parsley instead of coriander as I thought Nicki would be eating it - which she wasn't so my day of coriander shenanigans continued. Still tasted nice with the parsley in it.
  • The honey and sesame seeds sound good, might give them a try.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Exorcism for the non coriander eaters.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!