Fez poster (For sale 8th of August 2014)
‹ Previous1234
  • Hello,

Those who follow me on twitter will know I've put together a design for a poster based on FEZ - After a few chats with the screenprinter who did the MD print I've decided to go ahead with a very limited run (30 in total) - It'll be an A2 size, with 3 colour hand screen printed on G.F Smith Colorplan paper. Cost isn't 100% confirmed yet but trying to keep it around £20. There'll be 25 black and 5 blue. If anyone's interested please let me know!

FEZ-print-B_11_900.png

FEZ-print-Bl_9_900.png
  • nice! I'd buy one but I'm not keen on fez. if the md prints, or something of that ilk come up again though, I'm in.
    PSN: Its_DanDan_Ey
  • No worries - There's about 9 MD prints still available if you're interested - if not there's the GameCube print coming later this year :)
  • I'll have a think about the md one, I've asked it for a while. how much are they? can't wait to see the cube one!!
    PSN: Its_DanDan_Ey
  • MD one is £30 - Cube one will be less as I don't think it'll be screen printed!
  • That's a thing of beauty. I'd definitely be in for a blue one.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • I'd go for a black one.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I like the blue one but I doubt I could convince Sarah that it deserves a place on our limited wall space.
  • They look lovely Dan but as Dan_Dan, Im not the biggest Fez fan.

However that Megadrive print is right up my alley, I thought they'd all sold out so colour me interested.

Can you pm me your preferred method of payment. Mine is a big leg hug if you accept them?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    They look lovely Dan but as Dan_Dan, Im not the biggest Fez fan.

However that Megadrive print is right up my alley, I thought they'd all sold out so colour me interested.

Can you pm me your preferred method of payment. Mine is a big leg hug if you accept them?

I think PayPal is the one haha - available here!

http://shop.megadrive.me/product/md001-poster
  • I like the blue one but I doubt I could convince Sarah that it deserves a place on our limited wall space.

Totally understandable - in fact it's one of the reasons I'm going with A2 instead of A1 for this one
  • Apologies for the post bombing - just waiting back on paper costs (which I should have tomorrow) and then I'll be getting the artwork for this over to the printers - will be dragging my extremely talented photographer mate along to the press to document some of the process, but with all going smoothly these should be available within the next 2 weeks.
  • Any other sizes dan? Look's great but haven't the space for A2.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • When is the GameCube stuff coming out?
  • three1ne wrote:
    Any other sizes dan? Look's great but haven't the space for A2.

Sorry man, A2 only for this one - because it has type/fine lines anything smaller would be too tricky for screen print
  • weadre wrote:
    When is the GameCube stuff coming out?

I'm aiming to get back on that as soon as this ones finished - had a bit of a brain block with it for a while so needed some time away
  • Paper is here (looks/smells great)! Sending the artwork to the screen printers tomorrow and dropping the paper off in the next few days, all being well I should have a date for completion by the end of the week. Will be doing the same thing we did with the MD print and having a trip over to the printers to see the whole thing being done:

BpODUHxIIAAZSoQ.jpg:large
  • Final artwork has been submitted to the screen printer, and going over next week to see the whole process (and take some photos too) - It's probably going to take me a couple of weeks to get the postage/pricing stuff sorted so aiming for late June by the time the store has been set up etc.

I've removed the 'grid' lines from the artwork - I think it looks cleaner without, and there was a danger it would congeal in places during the print:

FEZ-print-F-black_900.png

FEZ-print-F-blue_900.png
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

I could be persuaded to part with money for the Gamecube print.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    I could be persuaded to part with money for the Gamecube print.

Haha - That's coming next!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    dan, do you do any printing on plastics/waterproof card?
  • dan, do you do any printing on plastics/waterproof card?

Afraid not - My day job is 99% screen/digital so the screen printing stuff is very much a hobby and a bit of a release. I do know a lot of folks who know a hell of a lot about printing/stock if there's something specific you want to know
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I posted this in the ask b&b thread. Do you know anyone that might be able to do something like it?
    Would anyone know where I could get a fairly unique printing job done?  What I'm looking for is a colour document printing onto waterproof, rip proof, flexible card, that is rigid enough to write on without support, but flexible enough so that it won't snap if sat on.  A6 in size.  It doesn't need to be bound in any way, loose pages are fine. Also the ink needs to withstand regular wiping with ethyl acetate/alcohol/nail varnish remover. Don't all rush at once.
  • I posted this in the ask b&b thread. Do you know anyone that might be able to do something like it?
    Would anyone know where I could get a fairly unique printing job done?  What I'm looking for is a colour document printing onto waterproof, rip proof, flexible card, that is rigid enough to write on without support, but flexible enough so that it won't snap if sat on.  A6 in size.  It doesn't need to be bound in any way, loose pages are fine. Also the ink needs to withstand regular wiping with ethyl acetate/alcohol/nail varnish remover. Don't all rush at once.

Possibly - leave it with me
  • Had an email exchange with Disasterpiece (who did the Fez soundtrack) and he's given me blessing to use music from the Fez OST to use on the 'making of the poster' video we're doing. Which is nice!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    That's all kinds of epic.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    That's all kinds of epic.

I know - I just can't decide which track!
  • Arkady wrote:
    If you have any further correspondence with him can you ask whether he has any plans to release a physical copy of the fez soundrack? Would be cool if he did an LP release, perhaps with your Fez Artwork as a liner.

Will definitely ask him when I speak to him next —

Small update:
    New print date is 1st of July, so should be starting to sell / ship around mid July (all being well)
  • Just received my MD print off my sister for my Birthday. That is some seriously nice work Dan, it smells nice too, a little nutty maybe?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    Just received my MD print off my sister for my Birthday. That is some seriously nice work Dan, it smells nice too, a little nutty maybe?

Thanks man - glad you like it, the pictures really don't do it justice, the colour really pops. Paper was handmade in Japan so that might be where the smell comes from
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!