Fez poster (For sale 8th of August 2014)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    Paper was handmade in Japan so that might be where the smell comes from

Jeebus.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    Jeebus.

Haha, this one specifically — 

http://www.gfsmith.com/collection/#797/26510

RE Fez print, I've had a few reservations from people about the legality of producing something without permission, so with that in mind I've dropped an email to Polytron to ask for their permission/blessing to go ahead with the project. If they say yes, then great - If not then I won't be taking it any further.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    danclarke wrote:

I really hope it was put together in a candlelit Shinto temple.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • danclarke wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    Jeebus.

RE Fez print, I've had a few reservations from people about the legality of producing something without permission, so with that in mind I've dropped an email to Polytron to ask for their permission/blessing to go ahead with the project. If they say yes, then great - If not then I won't be taking it any further.

I wonder about this from something like threadless which must have tonnes of ip issues with all the star wars tshirt.

There might be an issue but I'd be struggling to see what specifically it would be.
  • danclarke wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    danclarke wrote:
    Jeebus.

I wonder about this from something like threadless which must have tonnes of ip issues with all the star wars tshirt.

There might be an issue but I'd be struggling to see what specifically it would be.

Yeah - hopefully given the scale of what I'm doing they shouldn't see it as any kind of issue - but I'd like to do more of these things going forward, and if I can at least get some kind of permission/endorsement it would be better for me

• I've spoken to the lady that runs Polytron's comms stuff today and she's going to try and get me an answer from Phil Fish this week - fingers crossed!
  • They should buy one themselves to hang it in their office it's very nice.
  • You could send them one to sweeten the deal! This thread reminds me I should play fez again.
  • weadre wrote:
    You could send them one to sweeten the deal! This thread reminds me I should play fez again.

Haha - that might be difficult given that the 'deal' is getting permission from them to print it in the first place!
  • Good news - I've had an email back from Polytron which gives me permission/blessing to go ahead with the prints - that's made my day :)
  • What did phil say? Did he want one?
  • I haven't spoken to him directly but I was told it would need his blessing before they could give me an answer - they said they really liked the design and the fact that it's a limited run
  • I've also decided to give 10% of all profits from the print to Child's Play. Screen printer is currently at Glastonbury, so assuming he makes it back in one piece we should be at the printers in the next week :)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You should still send Fish one. He could declare you a legend via twitter or something and boost your eStreetCred.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    You should still send Fish one. He could declare you a legend via twitter or something and boost your eStreetCred.

Haha - I've said I'm sending Polytron one of each as way of thanks - so any Twitter eStreetCred boost would be a bonus
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    danclarke wrote:
    I've also decided to give 10% of all profits from the print to Child's Play.

Top man.
  • Quick update - went over to the screen printers last night to do some colour / screen tests, just so we can get the colours / detail spot on - took a few shoddy iphone pictures whilst I was there (My photographer mate also came along and whatever he finally comes up with will be a 1000x's better) but this should give you a good idea of the final outcome - Going to be another week or so before the colours are final then the 'real' print run will be done!

fez_001.jpg

fez_002.jpg

fez_003.jpg

fez_004.jpg

fez_005.jpg

fez_006.jpg

fez_007.jpg

fez_008.jpg

fez_009.jpg
  • Amazing! How do they cut the shapes? Surely not by hand?
    PSN: Its_DanDan_Ey
  • Looks like acid/uv?!
  • Dan_Dan_Ey wrote:
    Amazing! How do they cut the shapes? Surely not by hand?

It's done by printing the seperate colours into an acetate sheet (like the inverted sheet on the cutting mat in the first image) which is then transferred onto a mesh screen.

Really looking forward to getting them back now!
  • Put a few of the test prints in frames today to see how they look - still prefer the blue myself :)

FEZ_framed_test.jpg
  • Looking really good. How many of the blue one have you printed?
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • Looks awesome dude.
  • Hodgepodge wrote:
    Looking really good. How many of the blue one have you printed?

Thanks, only done 5 of the blue / 25 of the black
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Looks awesome dude.

Thank you mike much appreciated
  • Have the all blue ones been snapped up yet? I would love one.....
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • I haven't put them on sale yet - I will give plenty of notice here prior to the shop site going live :)
  • It'll probably be a week or so before they go up - doing a rerun on the colours as I wasn't 100% happy with the red
  • I prefer the black one, might be interested in buying one to hang on the studio walls.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    I prefer the black one, might be interested in buying one to hang on the studio walls.

No worries — I will keep you posted, none of the photos I've done so far do it justice so will aim to get some better ones next week when the finals are done.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!