adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message

The 20th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series brought us crossover brawler Dissidia Final Fantasy. Now, with the 25th anniversary of the series at hand, Square Enix is releasing a crossover... rhythm action game.

There are three kind of stages: there's Field Music, Battle Music and Event Music. You tap along to the classic Final Fantasy tunes, and sometimes a video sequence from one of the old Final Fantasy games plays in the background. Difficulty can be moved up or down to suit all tastes. There's also been DLC in Japan, adding extra music to the game. Lots of Final Fantasy characters make a return for this game. Let's take a look at the cast!

The cast

imageWarrior of Light - Final Fantasy

It's Warrior of Light from the original Final Fantasy! He was voiced by a bland American voice actor in Dissidia. Will he be voiced by a bland American voice actor in this? Who knows!

imageFirion - Final Fantasy II

Firion's the main character of the worst numbered title in the series! He's obsessed with roses, but not in an effeminate way!!!

imageOnion Knight - Final Fantasy III

Who better to save the world from the forces of evil than a goddam child?! His inability to stay on his feet without tripping over has the bad dudes quaking in their boots!

imageCecil Harvey - Final Fantasy IV

What do you mean you haven't played Final Fantasy IV? It's not like Square Enix haven't given you plenty of opportunities to buy it! Cecil was a dark knight, and that was making him sad. Now he's a happy and offensively-dressed paladin!

imageBartz Klauser - Final Fantasy V

In a time of global financial turmoil where millions of people are struggling to find any work, Bartz is holding down 22 jobs! What a dick.

imageTerra Branford - Final Fantasy VI

Representin' everyone's favourite Final Fantasy, it's Terra! She was whiny and wet and American in Dissidia, let's hope she's gratifyingly silent in this.

imageCloud Strife - Final Fantasy VII

Everyone's favourite emo makes a return with his big sword (note: NOT a sexual euphemism).

imageSquall Leonhart - Final Fantasy VIII

Squall was a super-serious teenage emo mercenary in Final Fantasy VIII. Look at him now! He's all giggly and makes funny jangly noises along to music.

imageZidane Tribal - Final Fantasy IX

Everyone's favourite guy with a big tail returns (note: this is also NOT a sexual euphemism).

imageTidus - Final Fantasy X

Whoo! It's Tidus! He's all cheerful and he plays Blitzball! He also loves Yuna. Is Yuna in this? Dunno, probably.

imageShantotto - Final Fantasy XI

I... I haven't really played Final Fantasy XI, so I don't really know much about her. Um... She's... she's short, isn't she? Er...

imageVaan - Final Fantasy XII

"I'm Captain Basch fon Ronsenburg of Dalmasca!" You fucking wish.

imageLightning - Final Fantasy XIII

Concerned that the two-syllable name that she made up for herself is too long, Lightning allows everyone to call her 'Light'. She thinks of herself as a strong woman, but is actually just a total bitch.

So that's the cast of characters! I'll maybe add more info to the OP soon. The game's out on the 6th of July. Supposedly if you pre-order from Amazon you get an exclusive pre-order bonus, although Amazon's not mentioning it. Think Amazon have the cheapest pre-order price at the mo anyway though. You get a stylus and stickers to put on it.

What do you think of the game? Good idea? Too kooky? Will you be buying it? Let's talk about it!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I don't know about the game, but your OP is well posh

+1

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Gonna be the best Final Fantasy game in years. Can't wait. Although I'll have to since I'll be in the US when it comes out. Frickin' region locking again.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    defintly looks quite interesting and intreaging intreaguing.

it looks diffrent and if it contains enough of the music we know and love from the games its taken from then it could be full of win.
    fingers crossed its actually good.

youll have to show me how to do such great ops sometime too!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • As it has FFXI music in it I may well cave and get it, especially if it's Ronfaure.  Why they pick Shantotto as the XI representative, I have no idea.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Weird fucking project, even by the standards of this franchise.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    But once again, nice delivery work, Red.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Final Fantasy Elite Beat Agents. Can't say no really.

Also Red you get 10 pounds for effort to be spent on the third world nation of your choice.
  • I vote EvilRedEye makes all the OPs.

Also, this could be interesting but i'll probably never play it. They really went for some of the worst (albeit main) characters.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'd like to play a Final Fantasy game that's just made up of Cid's from each iteration.
  • Demo available on the eshop.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    RedEye been takin' op tips from neoGAF.
    Get schwifty.
  • I take it it's a 3DS game then?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yes.
    Get schwifty.
  • Cid Fighter! Or maybe an actual full blown RPG where every single character is called Cid. Didn't the Cid from VIII look like Robin Williams, or is my memory just making that up?
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Just ordered This. Looks like an amazing art book set covering FF I-X. Cheapest I could find it too.

( also ordered this... *cough* )
  • Thanks dude. I'm ordering that box set!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    That box set looks fucking amazing. Can't afford it though. Got until October I suppose.
  • It says it's limited in the description. Know what FF fans are like, that will vanish. How long has it been on preorder for, Cosmic?

It'll go nicely with, nay it'll far outshine, my Art of Capcom, Art of Okami and Halo coffee table books.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Nice find.  Ordered!
    Get schwifty.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    It says it's limited in the description. Know what FF fans are like, that will vanish. How long has it been on preorder for, Cosmic? It'll go nicely with, nay it'll far outshine, my Art of Capcom, Art of Okami and Halo coffee table books.

Not sure. Just saw it tonight.last thing i ordered from them was the tim burton art book, which i love. The art of capcom book looks amazing, i need that and some of those other udons (theres a new disgaea one i see). The shigenori soejima and persona design works are pretty cool too.

ff7_4.jpg
  • Amano is brilliant. Shame we will never get a game that looks like his artwork. Bookmarking this, will pick it up if I get past Latitude with more the half my remaining wages in my wallet.
  • Nice little vid featuring some Amano artwork on the FFXI thread.
  • ayns wrote:
    As it has FFXI music in it I may well cave and get it, especially if it's Ronfaure.  Why they pick Shantotto as the XI representative, I have no idea.

+1 to all of this. I have the Ronfaure music burned into my memory from the days I spent fishing at Knightwell. I also oppose anything Taru on principle.
  • Just realised it's 3DS only. Why you no Vita?
  • Got the demo last night; it excited me.

I'm all about crossover novelty shit though, so maybe it's just me. Sonic Generations was not a [5]

PRE-ORDER GET.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Launch week! Apparently we'll be getting DLC this week.

A Fleeting Dream (FF10 - FMS)
    Ride On (FF08 - FMS)
    Cosmo Canyon (FF07 - FMS)
    In Search of Light (FF05 - FMS)
    Fighting Fate (FF13 - BMS)
    Fighters of the Crystal (FF11 - BMS)
    The Final Battle (FF04 - BMS)
    Battle Theme 1 (FF02 - BMS)

Don't know how much it'll cost, but knowing the eShop probably far too fucking much.
  • Ugh, I missed the amazon cheap pre order. Don't know if I'll bother until price drops now.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    For some reason I'm AOGood with 3DS DLC. Can't explain or justify it. Anyway, should arrive Thursday for me
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    rickjoyce wrote:
    Ugh, I missed the amazon cheap pre order. Don't know if I'll bother until price drops now.

I think their pre-order bonus has gone. It's £21.85 at Shopto, which is cheaper than the Amazon pre-order.
‹ Previous12345678

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!