Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line
  • I hate you guys. I'm lying here awake, not able to sleep cos I'm just reminiscing about all the great times I had in the past with Final Fantasy games. I miss those days. Nowadays it's only time for iOS games, short burst gaming. 

Must make time for a food (J)RPG. Should try and finish XIII-2 and then get back to Xenoblade. (Played around 5 hours of the latter upon release, it was very promising indeed. Should do well to quench my thirst for a classical JRPG, no?)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Say what you will about FF 13 but this song will probably be loved by current 13 year olds in the future. It's great and it got me through some of the more tedious parts of the game.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I hate you guys. I'm lying here awake, not able to sleep cos I'm just reminiscing about all the great times I had in the past with Final Fantasy games. I miss those days. Nowadays it's only time for iOS games, short burst gaming. 

Must make time for a food (J)RPG. Should try and finish XIII-2 and then get back to Xenoblade. (Played around 5 hours of the latter upon release, it was very promising indeed. Should do well to quench my thirst for a classical JRPG, no?)

Heh, I'm just thinking about how genuinely out there some of the stuff in FFVII was. The descent into the Nothern Cave is one of those bits of gaming that will always stay with me. Tension had been built up really well, dramatic music was played and the place looked mental.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I hate you guys. I'm lying here awake, not able to sleep cos I'm just reminiscing about all the great times I had in the past with Final Fantasy games. I miss those days. Nowadays it's only time for iOS games, short burst gaming.  Must make time for a food (J)RPG. Should try and finish XIII-2 and then get back to Xenoblade. (Played around 5 hours of the latter upon release, it was very promising indeed. Should do well to quench my thirst for a classical JRPG, no?)
    Xenoblade's the bomb, got half way through and was loving it. Such wasted potential on the wii, though would love to have it running in Dolphin where it looks like this.xenoblade-satorl-marsh-poster.jpg
  • I think that's touched up, more like this.xenoblades-1.jpg
  • Tempy wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I hate you guys. I'm lying here awake, not able to sleep cos I'm just reminiscing about all the great times I had in the past with Final Fantasy games. I miss those days. Nowadays it's only time for iOS games, short burst gaming.  Must make time for a food (J)RPG. Should try and finish XIII-2 and then get back to Xenoblade. (Played around 5 hours of the latter upon release, it was very promising indeed. Should do well to quench my thirst for a classical JRPG, no?)
    Heh, I'm just thinking about how genuinely out there some of the stuff in FFVII was. The descent into the Nothern Cave is one of those bits of gaming that will always stay with me. Tension had been built up really well, dramatic music was played and the place looked mental.
    Almost getting raped while cross dressing went right over my head as a kid.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I came away from Final Fantasy XIII hating it. But I fell in love with the landscape art direction and several of the area themes.

• Yeah, Dust to Dust is an excellent track.
    I just got some major vibes off this version of the battle theme from one of the distant worlds live shows, there's one in Scotland coming up, wouldn't mind. Really, enjoying the thread now that I have my headphones on .
  • rickjoyce wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Almost getting raped while cross dressing went right over my head as a kid.

Yeah, that sequence is pretty bizarre to.

Right, I guess Threatrythm is getting ordered.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is that scotland one sold out? There's one in the Royal Albert for later on in the year, I think. But all the tickets sold out the morning they went on sale. Fuckers. I didn't expect it to be that popular.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Is that scotland one sold out? There's one in the Royal Albert for later on in the year, I think. But all the tickets sold out the morning they went on sale. Fuckers. I didn't expect it to be that popular.
    Yeah, I almost got tickets, but stupid fucking website balls'd it up because my address doesn't have a post code and when it refreshed they were gone. That morning blew.
    Seems like there's some for the Scottish one, no Nobou at that show sadly. http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/tickets/distant-worlds-edinburgh-uk
  • This is where I'm at in FFXIII-2 at the moment, the music suits it perfectly and is quite beautiful, haunting:

I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Uematsu is still the man.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Here's Não Chora Menina, a vocal arrangement of the town theme from Final Fantasy VI.

And here's GAIA, a vocal arrangement of the main theme from the original Final Fantasy.

"ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Errr, how the tits did we get this far without mentioning THAT opera scene.

• Can't see those on iPhone, ERE, but I'm guessing the last one there is FFVI. Love that game. It's at or bear the top of my favourite FF games.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • This gonna have friend leaderboards? Might finally be a reason to exchange a few codes...
  • I only clocked after reading the Eurogamer review that this game is Theatrhythm, as in Theatre/rhythm and not Threatrhythm. I am a twat.
  • I've been reading it as TreatRhythm until about an hour ago.
  • I really want this but don't really want a 3DS.

It's a pickle to be sure.
  • Just play Oendan again, which is several magnitudes less lame than this looks.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hmmm... I have Oendan and Elite and I'm pretty sure Thee-at-rhythm (as said in my head) looks like more of a game than them.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's got wee little people doing fights.
  • Eurogamer review is up.
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    I really want this but don't really want a 3DS. It's a pickle to be sure.

Well at least you'll be able to get one with a decent build quality in a few weeks time. It's got Mario 3DS Land and Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus BUY ONE.
  • There's very little room for innovation in the tap-screen-in-time-to-music genre.

DIAGONAL SWIPES! [10]
  • Nah, I'll probably hold off until the next hardware revision. Only one of those games I'd be remotely interested in playing is Kid Ic and that alone (+ a stupid rhythm action game) isn't enough to sway me.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The demo of this was fantastic (no pun intended). In other news, DLC has been priced. 90p a song, apparently.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!