Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line
  • Best get playing this one some more then!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    A 3DS sequel to this is coming out with over 200 songs and over 60 characters. It will also have a Versus multiplayer mode. It's coming out Spring 2014 in Japan. Oh yeah, it's called Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.

For reference the original contained around 30 characters and about 130 tracks if you include the extensive (and expensive) range of DLC.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Famitsu says Curtain Call will have music from these games:
    Final Fantasy I – XIV
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Dissidia Final Fantasy
    Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
    Final Fantasy Type-0
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    A 3DS sequel to this is coming out with over 200 songs and over 60 characters. It will also have a Versus multiplayer mode. It's coming out Spring 2014 in Japan. Oh yeah, it's called Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.

probably 3 songs on the cartridge. innit? :D
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    how dare you besmirch the name of my lovely dear horrible shitty square enix
  • I played this quite a bit, but was ultimately disappointed: the rhythm gameplay is a bit generic (though well calibrated and slick), but still far from the experimental greatness of titles like Guitaroo Man or IndiesZero's own Electroman.

There were other minor niggles which I can't remember now it's been two years since I played it extensively, but otherwise the nostalgia factor and terrific selection of music alongside its charming presentation helped make it feel quite special when it could have been throwaway.

Don't think I'll bother picking up Curtain Call, though, but I hope it does well to ensure Square Enix keep considering rhythm action titles of some sort. I miss the genre dearly.
  • I've pre-ordered the sequel.  Not touched the original for ages.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it: I might grab it if the rhythm elements have been improved.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There's a demo. You can use buttons now. Or a hybrid of buttons and stylus if you so desire. That wasn't in the original, was it?
  • I think that's new, yeah. Might give it a go, though the stylus controls were so well calibrated last time that I wonder how these button controls will work.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Time to revive this thread?! Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line is out on Friday. It got a 10/10 from RPG Site and a 9/9/9/8 from Famitsu!
  • Iv been playing the demo but don't know what to do with the yellow dots with an arrow going left and right at the same time?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    For those you push both analogue sticks in the opposite directions indicated.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!