Witcher 2
‹ Previous12345
  • Oh well since I did the first one

Witcher 2 is a terribly pretty, atmospheric and darkly plotted game based on a series of Polish literature, out on pc and recently, xbox 360

You guys can prob say more about it these days as i saw a resurgence of interest in my old PuForum (hah!) thread, keep it constructive please

Im hoping theres a sequel, the game tickled my danglies on the PC around a year ago
  • I would like them to release the first game too, maybe as a download game.  I would love to play as I am loving the Witcher 2 at the moment.  It seems to have done well so fingers crossed.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Great game, really enjoyed it.

[spoiler]Brutal ending too, it was only afterwards that I realised how little I'd achieved in the grand scheme of things.[/spoiler]
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ah! Knew there was something missing. So yeah, I'm getting on this fairly infrequently, but loving it. The quest into the cave in act 1 was a lesson in crowd control - several deaths, but now it looks like I'm gonna get pumped out of it. 
  • Yeah that first cave with all the nekkers was deadly.  I died loads, I hate to admit that I abused the invisible wall near the entrance to recuperate.  Let me build my health before picking off one or two more.

Just completed quite a tough journey throught he catacombs in Act 2, loads of wraiths but some nice loot.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I very much doubt you'd enjoy Witcher 1 if you played the second game first in all honesty. At least as far in as the combat goes.

I am enjoying all the love for Assassins of Kings though. The 360 port really paid off for CD Projekt.
  • Did they change that much then?  I knew they made some changes.
  • Sadly i have to agree with Bollockoff although i have to admit ive not played the enhanced version just read a rather brilliant pour of improvements made all over it buy the devs - soo then again you might like it, but using a very recognisable reuse of the nwn system, its a very different beast
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's literally all done with the left and right mouse buttons. Left for quick strikes right for heavy with a basic timing window for combos.

You have several styles to choose from mid-combat but all they change are how likely you are to hit certain enemies. Since there's a heavy under the hood dice rolling presence to whether you hit and get hit.
  • So is it more like Dragon Age?  I have to say, I didn't paticularly like the combat in that....

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Slightly more player input required, but yes. Pretty much.
  • Cheers for the heads up then guys.
  • Wolverhampton is devoid of Witcher 2. It does however feature many a Gregs and Costa.
  • I had to pre-order mine at my local blockbusters.  They only had one copy on the day, mine.
  • Looks like a job for Amazon then.
  • As the game went on I started to get a little tired of the Witcher 2. It often times felt broken and unfinished. Bad signposting, unexplained quests, no real requirement to invest in weapons after a certain point because you're constantly finding new ones all over the place.

I got a fair way through Chapter 2 (crossing to the other side) and completed a fair amount of quests over there. I'm not sure I can be bothered to finish it.

I'd like to see how they do with an actual budget.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    google said:

As the game went on I started to get a little tired of the Witcher 2. It often times felt broken and unfinished. Bad signposting, unexplained quests, no real requirement to invest in weapons after a certain point because you're constantly finding new ones all over the place.

I got a fair way through Chapter 2 (crossing to the other side) and completed a fair amount of quests over there. I'm not sure I can be bothered to finish it.

I'd like to see how they do with an actual budget.

This.
    I'm at Chapter 2 now and really want this to be brilliant (I loved the first one), but it all seems unfinished.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • I loved the game, but echo googs sentimnnts entirely, the game is incredibly polished for a game made such a low budget (wasnt a small amount of money at 8 million quid, but with these production values its a bit amazing finding similar projects costing 3-4 times as much), but i think it could be absolutely cracking with real money to play with, and a similar level of the clear passion shown by the team
  • I've also just crossed through the mist.  How much further do you think there is to go? 

Work is shut on Thursday (thankyou polling stations in schools) so I am planning on having a mammoth session, especially as the fiance still has to work.  I'm wondering how much I can get done...

• I've also just crossed through the mist.  How much further do you think there is to go? 

Work is shut on Thursday (thankyou polling stations in schools) so I am planning on having a mammoth session, especially as the fiance still has to work.  I'm wondering how much I can get done...

A way, mate. A good few hours, but you could polish it off in a single day I'm sure.
  • Awesome, I'm thinking I can finish it this weekend, give it a good break, then do Iorveth's path.  Although I'm not sure how different it will be.
  • This is me knowing nothing about it but I would assume it would be very similar quests, albeit with them taking place in the city instead of the fort. Then you cross over and do some other shit, etc.

So the same, but different.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm still in Flotsam and I got it when it came out on PC. Value for money I suppose. I like it a lot though. More games need nudity.
  • I don't want to sound masochistic, but part of the charm for me was fumbling past the broken sign posting and finding my way round the maze like world. It's all a bit old fashioned, but I enjoyed that, even if it was stuff that would usually annoy me.

My local Game didn't put it on the shelf, apparently because they had so few copies, I had to ask for it on release day.
  • GAME having stock issues?!  Never would of imagined that...

Haha, seriously thought, its amazing the game actually got to No.1 in the charts.

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You should try Dark Souls Iain.
  • I_R said:

I don't want to sound masochistic, but part of the charm for me was fumbling past the broken sign posting and finding my way round the maze like world. It's all a bit old fashioned, but I enjoyed that, even if it was stuff that would usually annoy me.

My local Game didn't put it on the shelf, apparently because they had so few copies, I had to ask for it on release day.

See, it doesnt seem old fashioned, because I dont remember old fashioned RPGs being fundamentaly broken at certain points.
  • There's an element of luck with some of it. I've just replayed the bit at La Vallete Castle where you have to fire the ballistae at the gate. Three waves of enemy soldiers try and stop me, fire the bolt, done. First play through there were at least a dozen waves. 

That was the only bit of the main quest where I remember being held up though. There were a couple of the side quests that I just abandoned. It doesn't seem much worse than something like Oblivion, they just don't have the open world to use as an excuse.
  • Note from Admin: sorry. I hope this wasn't important. Database shenanigans. Sorry.
  • Oh that happened to me quite a few times and it was quite frustrating.  I had to look online to sort that out.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I will put effort into this at the weekend and May day holiday.
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!