Witcher 2
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    It's better than that dreadful hanging trailer.

I flippin loved that trailer! 

Always been enamored with the concept of the Witcher - a set character rpg running against the trend of a slide-bar create your own hero! nonsense of others of its ilk.

The series hasn't delivered yet due to icky combat and turgid storytelling.  But if they can fix the former and deliver on a truely open world this time around, this could be a Skyrim-killer.

ALSO THAT WAS CHARLES DANCE AS THE VOICE OF THE KING!!!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The voice acting and story in Witcher 2 are amazing. Such a great game.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I HUNT MONSTERS WITH MY BIG SWORD

THE MONSTERS ARE THE LADIES

THE SWORD IS MY WITCHER'S PHALLUS.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Wooden dildos. What can I say?
  • Only ever played the first one which was an underrated much criticised gem due to the steep learning curve and terrible signposting.
    The world and lore of the Witcher is deep and rich if given a chance. It reminds me a bit of game of thrones.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They are based on books aren't they? Might have a squint.
  • I tried to like The Witcher on multiple occasions, but it just isn't user friendly at all. Such a shame as it felt like it could've been something special.

I honestly didn't give the second game enough time, but it definitely seemed like a step in the right direction. I'll probably pick it up again in the near future, there's no way I'll grab the third game on launch - pointless getting it if I haven't been through the second game.
  • This is going to make my PC cry isn't it?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'll make you cry.

With my big witcher sword.

You monster.

• Combat still looks a little lightweight, but boy, those swamp environments don't arf look lush!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • As 3 is out soon, I decided get this out of my pile of shame and play it. Fuck me what a game I've nearly missed out on !

The combats not the best but the story and sub quests are great. Someone on here has mentioned how good it is but I can't think of who it was.

Nearly finished in Flotsam ( well I fucking hope so) , wish I had more time to play the various story branches but I should be happy I've managed to get around to playing it at least. This is the first game in a long time that I've realised it's 1 o'clock in the morning and I've got to get up for work in five hours.

Looking forward to playing more, how long does the game take? I can't seem to find out how long I've been playing for anywhere.

And yes I'm playing on Easy, how the fuck it chooses your difficulty level when you don't have a fucking clue on what's happening? Anyway due to time constraints, I'll carry on playing on Easy to enjoy the story more.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Looking forward to playing more, how long does the game take? 

It lasts until you tire of the QTE boss fights.
  • Or until you successfully TRAP IT WITH THE YRRDAN!
  • Finished it today, loved it. The story was great, wish I'd made a save before you choose Roche or Iorveth
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!