Just completed
  • Horizon Zero Dawn PS5 - Platinum 

Started this game in 2017 and seven years later managed to drop the platinum. 
    It remains one of my favourites and mainly because the world building is exquisite, the combat is fun and close to TLOU in terms of crafting and sneaking if you want. At the end of the run I was an absolute badass and able to swat even the biggest Thunderjaw out my way. Moving on to Forbidden West next for another plat.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Rev wrote:
    Horizon Zero Dawn PS5 - Platinum  Started this game in 2017 and seven years later managed to drop the platinum.  It remains one of my favourites and mainly because the world building is exquisite, the combat is fun and close to TLOU in terms of crafting and sneaking if you want. At the end of the run I was an absolute badass and able to swat even the biggest Thunderjaw out my way. Moving on to Forbidden West next for another plat.
    Cheers, you inspired me to download from my pile of shame on the SteamDeck
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Rev wrote:
    Horizon Zero Dawn PS5 - Platinum  Started this game in 2017 and seven years later managed to drop the platinum.  It remains one of my favourites and mainly because the world building is exquisite, the combat is fun and close to TLOU in terms of crafting and sneaking if you want. At the end of the run I was an absolute badass and able to swat even the biggest Thunderjaw out my way. Moving on to Forbidden West next for another plat.
    Cheers, you inspired me to download from my pile of shame on the SteamDeck

Good stuff.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yakuza Kiwami

Had this two thirds done for ages and got distracted. A big push today saw it off.
    Not as good as 0 but still great. Really enjoyed the whole Majima system.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Yakuza Kiwami Had this two thirds done for ages and got distracted. A big push today saw it off. Not as good as 0 but still great. Really enjoyed the whole Majima system.
    You have inspired me to go back to it. Also two thirds through, "what are the chances?" (harry hill voice).

• Yakuza Kiwami 2

The step up into the new engine is the biggest strength of Kiwami 2 (I think I'm headed for a step back down again for 3) but it's not the only strength. I enjoyed the story of this one more than 1, Ryuji is a good nemesis for Kiryu I like the whole equally matched similar background thing.

The ending had so many spins I was dizzy remembering who was fucking over who and why.

Majima, less fun this time. Good cut scenes but the mini game wasn't great, didn't bother after the first go.
    Still got the Majima chapters to play, watched the opening cut scene which was good.

So far
    0,K2,K1
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ordering checks out so far
  • 0 is going to be tough to top.
  • Majima Chapters done.
    A nice little addition.
    Didn't realise if I'd played earlier I could have ported stuff to Kiryu's story. Oh well I was drowning in cash and tat anyway.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    0 is going to be tough to top.

I diverge a little in later Kiryu paths from mainstream, but if you wanted me final rankings it's, from best to worst, ignoring OG 1 and 2 -
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Haven't finished 8 yet.
  • Only done 0 and 6 both of which I enjoyed but needed a long break between the two of them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!