Now eating/drinking
  • I'm seriously tempted it'd be sweetie meatie.
  • I'd eat one.
  • Luther's rock, I haven't had the pleasure of tasting one but would be all over that.

Right now, a croissont which i supposed to choclate and clearly isn't, and cup of tea because the work espresso maker just packed up. On top of being stuck underground in the heat for 35 mins on the tube.

Tonight will be much better. Made proper jerk marinade last night (http://www.dvo.com/recipe_pages/grilln/Jamaican_Jerk_Marinade.html), my hands are still tingling from the scotch bonnets (suerly the king of all chilles). This is gonna get smoked in my stove top smoker box, then finished on the griddle for extra marmitey gnarleyness.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    There's something called Xantham Gum

Eww, do you know what that is? Don't look it up if you don't.
  • Is it dog nads? I hope it's dog nads.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuBNChUkDeY2nnYoyqX0HHrg0Y_WDdB-XU9fx2n-5hsbBE4ck3
  • Right, GF bread / pizza-dough mix.

Depends how lazy you want to be.

Recipe 1
    310 grams (not ml) of milk (I used semi-skimmed)
    7 tbsp of olive oil.
    1 tsp of dog nads Xantham gum
    5 tsp of sugar
    2 tsp of vinegar (white, possibly cider if you are feeling brave)
    One egg.

Mix WELL. Add to pan.

Add 400g of GF flour. A packet (7g) of quick/instant yeast. Add another tsp of sugar too.  

Mix in bread machine on dough setting.

Done. Dough.

If you don't have a dough setting, stick it in a bowl, mix wet with dry, cover and put in warm place.

Salt. For bread, it needs salt. Add it now, or earlier, up to you. You might get away without it for a pizza dough.

Recipe 2

This one is probably better for pizza, but more work. I did it once, it worked well. Note, this has no egg. I have thought about adding one and seeing if it's better, but haven't yet.

1 tsp sugar, 150ml warm water, 2x7g sachets of easy yeast. Mix. Let it froth.

Meanwhile, put 300g GF flour, 1 tsp GF baking powder,  1 tsp salt, 1 tsp Xantham gum, 2 tbsp olive oil into a bowl. Add yeast mix and another 150ml warm water. Mix WELL.

Dough setting again, or bowl/warm place.

Then, I'm sure you can take it from there. Roll out, cook for about 8-10 minutes depending on thickness, add toppings, cook again for about 20 minutes probably. About 200 degrees C.

If you want to show off and make your own GF flour, mix 200g cornflour, 300g cornmeal, 500g rice flour (I like brown). Otherwise I recommend Doves Farm stuff, which is actually better (or at least it was better than the batch I made).

It's always difficult getting the liquid ratio right. GF flour tends to need more liquid, but don't go mad with it.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Right, GF bread / pizza-dough mix. Depends how lazy you want to be. Recipe 1 310 grams (not ml) of milk (I used semi-skimmed) 7 tbsp of olive oil. 1 tsp of dog nads Xantham gum 5 tsp of sugar 2 tsp of vinegar (white, possibly cider if you are feeling brave) One egg. Mix WELL. Add to pan. Add 400g of GF flour. A packet (7g) of quick/instant yeast. Add another tsp of sugar too.   Mix in bread machine on dough setting. Done. Dough. If you don't have a dough setting, stick it in a bowl, mix wet with dry, cover and put in warm place. Salt. For bread, it needs salt. Add it now, or earlier, up to you. You might get away without it for a pizza dough. Recipe 2 This one is probably better for pizza, but more work. I did it once, it worked well. Note, this has no egg. I have thought about adding one and seeing if it's better, but haven't yet. 1 tsp sugar, 150ml warm water, 2x7g sachets of easy yeast. Mix. Let it froth. Meanwhile, put 300g GF flour, 1 tsp GF baking powder,  1 tsp salt, 1 tsp Xantham gum, 2 tbsp olive oil into a bowl. Add yeast mix and another 150ml warm water. Mix WELL. Dough setting again, or bowl/warm place. Then, I'm sure you can take it from there. Roll out, cook for about 8-10 minutes depending on thickness, add toppings, cook again for about 20 minutes probably. About 200 degrees C. If you want to show off and make your own GF flour, mix 200g cornflour, 300g cornmeal, 500g rice flour (I like brown). Otherwise I recommend Doves Farm stuff, which is actually better (or at least it was better than the batch I made). It's always difficult getting the liquid ratio right. GF flour tends to need more liquid, but don't go mad with it.

Love it. Thanks mate.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • 5e75127e132dd772d5690399b691a022.jpg

You're supposed to have the doughnut inside out so the sugar coating mixes with the bacon etc and it's easier to handle.

Tsk!
  • Looks better the right way out though.

@WorKid cheers for the recipe I'll try it out at my next pizza party.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Recipe:

Pot Noodle (Chicken & Mushroom, but any flavour will do. Sickos.)

Buy Pot Noodle.
    Boil Kettle.
    Open Pot Noodle and add extra salt.
    Pour water from boiled kettle into Pot Noodle. DO NOT GO OVER FILL LINE. WORLD MAY BECOME UNBALANCED.
    Leave for two minutes.
    Stir like a mental.
    Leave for another two minutes.
    Stir like a mental. Again.
    Grab a fork (Spoons and/or knives may be unsuccessful)
    EAT. EAT LIKE A KING.
  • Remember not to peal the lid off completely. They "cook" better if once you've poured in the hot water you put the foil back over the top.

protip

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Only use enough water to cover noodles.

Ad a drop of Blairs Ultra Death sauce.

Rock out with your cock out.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Jesus this is like science.
  • G is a proper Gastro, none of this shoddy DS stuff. Gone for the proper sealed in, rustic Snackpot approach.
  • You know what's great in a pot noodle? Wotsits, a whole fucking family pack.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I will fight him, I can take him, unless the sun shines off his bonce into my eyes.

No hitting the knees.
  • Hahaha
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    adored wrote:
    You're supposed to have the doughnut inside out so the sugar coating mixes with the bacon etc and it's easier to handle. Tsk!
    That's the way he did it, that picture isn't the one I had, mine also had cheese instead of an egg.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    People are the worst
  • I quite like that 3 flavour minis set GBK are currently peddling.
  • In less than an hour I shall be drinking ales. Thinking about trying one of those tasting platters. There's a chance there is Brewdog available. There will definitely be Bugul Chet.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You should pour the water in slowly as well, mixes the powder better and then you don't get lumps.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Also, that's a donut? You fucking animal.

I'd assumed someone had spunked on his bagel. Curiously this was fine.
  • But the lumps are bursts of gastronomic delight. 

<does bursting thing with his fingers>

mwah!
  • What happened to those flavouring lumps you used to get at the bottom of cheap crisps?
    I remeber melting my face off on one I found at the bottom of a pack of Salt and Vinegar flavour Ghostbusters shaped maize snack.
  • Currently drinking an iced red bull and blackcurrant lemsip combo. Sounds ghastly but actually tastes full of win.

like homemade cremola foam

g.man
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    More water for me.

It's like the best thing ever.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sat in the sun sipping a pint of ice cold Vimto whilst listening to the gentle noodling of The Durutti Column. Bliss.

Wife out, my dad has the little one until 6.30. My peace is on borrowed time.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    A thin crust loaded pepperoni pizza.

Fuck the sun.
  • pimms.jpg

Oh, Pimm's, how I adore thee. Right now I cannot be arsed making you properly so it's just lemonade and ice but tomorrow I will make two pitcher's worth with strawberries and melon balls and mint leaves and cucumber and oranges and anything else lying around then leave you in the fridge overnight to stew and develop that slightly disconcerting froth and then I will pour you into my face and wish you weren't alcoholic so that I could just drink you endlessly until I'm peeing you out at the same rate I'm pouring you in turning me into a Pimm's/piss fountain of sunny summery delight.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!