#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Commando, Cobra, Tango and Cash. Sorted.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I watched the NSFL iceberg video recently, I think I am prepared.

The what? I don’t think I want to Google it, from the tone of this convo, I expect it’s not something I want to see.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Not Safe For Life. Youtube geezer who does iceberg vids. Nothing graphic, just descriptions.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ah, cheers!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Think the channel is Wendigoon, but there's loads that do them. Worth a watch sometime.
  • Not Safe For Life. Youtube geezer who does iceberg vids. Nothing graphic, just descriptions.

It's the Plagued Moth one I watched (I enjoy his channel).

It's obvs censored as it's on YouTube, but fuck me even the descriptions of some of them are enough to ruin your life. One in particular, a cartel execution (not the famous chainsaw one, although that also is something no one needs to know about) was so bad that it quite literally kept me awake at night. Absolutely shocking and traumatising. The description itself was so seared into my mind that I had to Google picture it to face it and be done. It is brutal.

• The audio is often worse than the video.
  • Wendigoon is also a solid channel.
  • When you see the lesser spotted YouTube content warning, press ok to proceed, you know you're in dark waters.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just checked the Plaguedmoth youtube. Subscribed. So many memories of the horrific shit I watched as a teen. Forgot all about Chechclear
  • Yeah he's a decent channel imo, covers gruesome stuff and true crime bits without being an absolute twat cunt like some of the channels.
  • Just about to watch Hitchcock's Dial M For Murder. Been a while. Ray Milland is wonderfully sleazy as the husband, and Grace Kelly is as beautiful as ever.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Ray Milland won the Oscar for Billy Wilder's Lost Weekend... he also starred in The Thing With Two Heads... so yeah, the man had some range lol
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • I still say the last boy scout is a good 90’s actioner
    PSN - minkymu
  • Dial M For Murder is a minor Hitch movie, but it really is terrifically entertaining. The ending is brilliant.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    XOMuggins wrote:
    Dial M For Murder is a minor Hitch movie, but it really is terrifically entertaining. The ending is brilliant.

Is that the one with key related japery?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Multi posts by me here but if anyone wants to see that Fear Itself doc reg mentioned hit me up. Seems lost on the regular web but I can get a copy and upload it

I'd be interested
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Dial M For Murder is a minor Hitch movie, but it really is terrifically entertaining. The ending is brilliant.

Yeah. I think it’s brilliant too. Seen it several times. Hitchcock really was The Master.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Solaris 2002 then. Soderbergh's take on "the Daddy" got a lot of criticism at the time - I remember Clooney getting pissed off at a press event after a comment about it being boring.

It isn't boring as far as I am concerned. I think it's rather good actually and is a gateway to the Tarkovsky version and the Lem novel. Clooney is good in it and Natascha McElhone is mesmerising with her gorgeous eyes. Sigh. :)   It's far slimmer and simpler than the Russian film and it doesn't hang about with lengthy big question dialogue but if ones interest is picqued then there's the Russian film to enjoy and this version's job will have been done.
  • Haven’t seen the American one. Will watch it at some point but Tarkovsky’s film is a hard act to follow
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’ve not yet seen the original film, but I really enjoyed Soderbergh’s film. I liked that it was often spare with dialogue. I should get around to watching the Tarkovsky one really.
    Get schwifty.
  • Same, just watched the Clooney one, it was years ago but I remember really liking it. I should rewatch and do the Russian one too.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Talking about Clooney starring sci-fi I watched The Midnight Sky the other day. Really not great at all. One of those films where the clever scientist characters do all manner of stupid things. A bit like in Prometheus.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I watched the Tarkovsky version first and it's one for having the brain engaged. There's a lot more going on. Extremely well made and pre-dates Lucas' lived in universe by a decade.
  • davyK wrote:
    XOMuggins wrote:
    Is that the one with key related japery?
    Yep. It's very like a Columbo episode really, what with the crime being explained to the audience beforehand, and the catching of the criminal being the real attraction!
    hylian_elf wrote:
    XOMuggins wrote:
    Yeah. I think it’s brilliant too. Seen it several times. Hitchcock really was The Master.
    I've seen quite a lot of his movies and I have yet to see a bad one, or even a mediocre one. He was a master for sure.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. The guy who played the detective in that did a great job. He could have starred in his own series of films as that character. :)
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Just one more thing - why is it seen as a minor Hitchcock movie, always seemed to me to be of his top ten flicks.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Reviews Hitch’s output, changes mind.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Top 20 for sure.
  • Just finished The Front Page by Billy Wilder, a sharply written, darkly comic and pleasingly cynical film about the newspaper business and the justice system. Billy Wilder never lost it. Walther Matthau and Jack Lemmon are electric together, as always. Two thumbs up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!