Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hard to keep up with who owns what these days.
  • When I get paid next, I am going to be ordering the only three Coen Brothers films they don't have on iTunes: O' Brother Where Art Thou?, The Man Who Wasn't There and the surprise favourite of the Bear and Badger, The Hudsucker Proxy! :D Excited to be starting into such a rewarding filmography!
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    No love for A Serious Man? One of my favorites.

Completely forgot about it and aye. I'd replace one of my 3 with that.
  • The Man who Wasn't There is superb.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Finished Raising Arizona. Really enjoyed watching this again. Nicolas Cage and Holly Hunter are great together. Very funny, charming and with a beautiful ending that always gets me emotional. Two thumbs up.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • It's Top 3 Coens.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Coincidentally with all this talk of the Coen's I watched The Ladykillers today. No, thankfully not the Coen's sub-par remake, but the original from 1955. Really enjoyed it.
  • The Coen's version really was an incredible stinker.
  • First Coen Brothers film that I ever saw. Put me off them for years.
  • It was really bad. I think they did it as a favour and a lot of the decisions about it were decided before they got involved. I would hope so anyway, as it was by far the worst thing they directed.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Spent yesterday watching dumb movies to get me through my vaccine reaction.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters: possibly the most incoherent plot for any movie I’ve ever seen. Pure nonsense.

Aquaman: actually weirdly entertaining in its stupidity. Partially, I think, thanks to Momoa who manages to at least remain engaging in the eye of the daftness storm. It was also amusing to see just how hard they worked to make Aquaman seem super-cool at the start and not just someone who is strong and can talk to fishes. It didn’t work, Aquaman remains fundamentally ridiculous. Also, how many times was there a scene going on which was suddenly interrupted by an explosion and a fight? I started to expect it in the end. I did quite like some of the designs and visuals, mind.

Commando: this is more like it, no less ridiculous than the films above, but at least dispatched with in a lean 90 minutes with minimal fuss. Although I did start to wonder at points if they had deliberately hired terrible actors for every role so as not to show up Arnie. The fact that his teenage daughter was probably the best actor in the whole film says it all really.
  • Terrible actors in Commando?

Bill paxton as a cop. Also in terminator and aliens. Both top tier action

Vernon wells - off of mad max 2 also. Classic over acted bad guy

Bill Duke - classic dead eyed killer and massive geezer. Also in predator

Weirdo psycho perv in every 90’s movie, including total recall and the crow - david kelly

Great cast

In fact David Kelly fired the faulty blank that killed Brandon Lee
    PSN - minkymu
  • Going to be watching High Society with my mother in a little bit. Very entertaining musical with Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly. A musical remake of The Philadelphia Story!
  • Luca

Really liked Soul but it didn’t really tickle
    The boy. This isn’t a return to form as they’ve never lost it but it could their masterpiece! Absolutely loved it and was a sobbing mess by the end.

Top notch visuals and great sound track.

I’d give it me old 10 out of 10
    The Forum Herald™
  • I really should get round to watching the 1947 classic The Bishops Wife again.

My nan and i used to watch Cary Grant films while she babysat me, and this was by far my favourite. David Niven is also in it and the sparks that fly btween Grant and Niven is lovely to watch.

Also a really nice warm film.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Cary Grant is great. Must give that a watch. 

Still have to see Soul and this new one!
  • Aye, both High Society and The Bishop’s Wife are top tier movies.
  • Today is the anniversary of Jack Lemmon's death in 2001, which reminds me that I really must watch Billy Wilder's The Apartment again soon. I saw it some months back for the first time and it was one of the most entertaining and beautifully executed films I've seen in a long, long time. Very, very funny, but also kind of dark, and very romantic. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it B&B!
  • g.man wrote:
    Aye, both High Society and The Bishop’s Wife are top tier movies.

Oh god yes high society. Must rewatch that too

PSN - minkymu
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Going to be watching High Society with my mother in a little bit. Very entertaining musical with Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly. A musical remake of The Philadelphia Story!

My brain initially read that as "going to be watching Society with my mother" and thought it was an interesting choice...

High Society makes a lot more sense!
  • Haha, no I don't think she would like that!

High Society is a superb musical, with brilliant music by Cole Porter, and extremely charismatic and memorable performances from Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Grace Kelly and the underappreciated Celeste Holm. It is an injection of happiness, with a wonderful ending that makes one hope for the future. Two thumbs way up.
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    Today is the anniversary of Jack Lemmon's death in 2001, which reminds me that I really must watch Billy Wilder's The Apartment again soon. I saw it some months back for the first time and it was one of the most entertaining and beautifully executed films I've seen in a long, long time. Very, very funny, but also kind of dark, and very romantic. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it B&B!
    Lemmon's performance in Glengarry Glen Ross is a real favourite of mine.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    High Society is the musical of the Philadelphia Story, another cracker starring Cary Grant. Should watch some of those again soon, watched many 50s/60s classics with my parents as a kid.
    Things can only get better.
  • The film Jimmy Stewart won the Oscar for!
  • Scout wrote:
    XOMuggins wrote:
    Today is the anniversary of Jack Lemmon's death in 2001, which reminds me that I really must watch Billy Wilder's The Apartment again soon. I saw it some months back for the first time and it was one of the most entertaining and beautifully executed films I've seen in a long, long time. Very, very funny, but also kind of dark, and very romantic. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it B&B!
    Lemmon's performance in Glengarry Glen Ross is a real favourite of mine.
    He is brilliant in that film, and most others he starred in.
  • The Ice Road thing with Liam Neeson is truly abysmal.  Some really poor delivery of lines, as well.  At least get the basics right, ffs.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    The Ice Road thing with Liam Neeson is truly abysmal.  Some really poor delivery of lines, as well.  At least get the basics right, ffs.

Looking forward to it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Does he have a very particular set of skis?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Does he kill anyone with a wheel brace?
  • Kow wrote:
    Does he have a very particular set of skis?
    Zing!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!